Team-BHP - Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/43110-bangalore-shivanasamudra-route-queries-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3193422)
We did encounter such a group on the way to Barachukki falls, near an old temple,pay.

I think you are referring to the temple which has SriChakra, do visit the temple if you can , it has the chakra that was supposed to have been drawn by Sri Shankaracharya of the advaita school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajeshK (Post 3186344)
The KRS Dam is getting full and if the rain continues like this there are chances that they will open few more shutters soon, this will add up the glory to the falls. So please watchout for the news. If you planning a trip, please pack your food and don't miss Talakadu picnic spot.

Visited Shivanasamundram along with Talakadu and Somnathapur last weekend. All the places were absolutely superb. Will post a detailed travelogue soon with pictures. Thanks to all fellow bhpians for the guidelines provided for this trip! :thumbs up

What is the best route from shivanasamudra to Mysore? is it via kollegal? Also if i leave at 7 AM on a weekday whats the best route to reach Kanakapura road from Hebbal? via the city or Yeshwantpur-NICE ROAD-Kanakapura road?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuferrari (Post 3195953)
What is the best route from shivanasamudra to Mysore? is it via kollegal? Also if i leave at 7 AM on a weekday whats the best route to reach Kanakapura road from Hebbal? via the city or Yeshwantpur-NICE ROAD-Kanakapura road?

I think the road via Malavalli-Bannur may be the fastest. The road till Malavalli is excellent and SH33 from there to Mysore is also quite decent.

No comments about the latter question since I'm not sure how bad the city traffic is in that part of town at 7 AM. In the Banashankari / Kanakapura road area, traffic starts picking up at around 7:30 AM or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuferrari (Post 3195953)
Also if i leave at 7 AM on a weekday whats the best route to reach Kanakapura road from Hebbal? via the city or Yeshwantpur-NICE ROAD-Kanakapura road?

I think best would be Hebbal-Mekhri Circle-Yeshwanthpur-Tumkur Road-NICE Road-Kanakapura Road which is what you have also mentioned as an option (guess that's what you've summarised above) but what was the other option via the city that you were considering ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3196689)
I think best would be Hebbal-Mekhri Circle-Yeshwanthpur-Tumkur Road-NICE Road-Kanakapura Road which is what you have also mentioned as an option but what was the other option via the city that you were considering ?

I was considering Hebbal Mekhri circle palace road lalbagh KR road banshankari konankunte cross kanakapura.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuferrari (Post 3196691)

I was considering Hebbal Mekhri circle palace road lalbagh KR road banshankari konankunte cross kanakapura.

That's the best route in my opinion as well, try to cross the konakunte cross prior to 7:30am as there are some big schools like DPS, Kumarans on that route and it gets busy during the 7:45 to 8:45 am period.

I am planning on visiting the SHIMSA falls and probably talakadu on Sunday, the 11th. Hopefully the falls are still in their full flow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dass (Post 3202690)
I am planning on visiting the SHIMSA falls and probably talakadu on Sunday, the 11th. Hopefully the falls are still in their full flow.

They are very much in full flow. But please go early in morning to avoid massive crowd and traffic jams as it is a long weekend. Since the water flow is huge they have blocked the entry to Barachukki falls. You can see from the top though. It's worth a visit. If you go via kanakapura road it's scenic as well. Only issue is no food options.

Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-image3691228863.jpg

I am mostly planning to go to Shivanasamudra tomorrow. After seeing that above pic, definitely YES :)

How is the road conditions ? I might take Kanakapura route since it is scenic. I need to go to Malavalli and then take the diversion. Any bad stretches here ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3204068)
I am mostly planning to go to Shivanasamudra tomorrow. After seeing that above pic, definitely YES :)

How is the road conditions ? I might take Kanakapura route since it is scenic. I need to go to Malavalli and then take the diversion. Any bad stretches here ?

Nh209/Kanakpura road a resounding YES! The road conditions are top class. But I would definitely urge you to make it by sunrise or first morn hours.
So that you dont get caught in the huge crowd, that is bound to be there over the weekend.

PS : And I hope its on the new Ertiga ? If yes, when is the your Avatar pic changing ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3204076)
Nh209/Kanakpura road a resounding YES !The road conditions are top class. But I would definitely urge you to make it by sunrise or first morn hours.
So that you dont get caught in the huge crowd, that is bound to be there over the weekend.

PS : And I hope its on the new Ertiga ? If yes, when is the your Avatar pic changing ?

Thanks alot

Spot on !! Yes Hands are itching to Take Ertiga out on the road and do a photo shoot as well to update my avatar :). Till then its a tribute to my Swift. Will always miss her.

Looking at the empty roads today, i was hoping that crowd has already left Bangalore and wont be back till Sunday. That is why choosing tomorrow.

Only problem with kanakapura road is lack of decent food options. I need to have a breakfast break somewhere before I leave Bangalore. So Sunrise is ruled out, but Might start by 6-7AM Will it be so bad even at 7AM ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3204085)
Only problem with kanakapura road is lack of decent food options. I need to have a breakfast break somewhere before I leave Bangalore. So Sunrise is ruled out, but Might start by 6-7AM Will it be so bad even at 7AM ?

I agree. Thats difficult. You dont have much on the way to eat. Best possible idea, I can suggest is to stack it up in the car from home. Enjoy a good picnic !

There is a KSTDC Mayura there. But no idea when it opens and how good it is.

I plan to use Mysore as a base to visit Talakdu and Shivanasamudra falls I-Day weekend. Point noted about holiday crowds and the need to visit in the early hours; thanks! Anybody know if the falls officially "open" at a particular time?

Would the best route to Mysore be Kanakpura Road --> Hwy 209 --> Kanakapura --> Malavalli --> Bannur --> Mysore? Have travelled on the Mysore Road before (via Ramnagara/Chennapatna/Maddur/Mandya) and found it un-inspiring.

I'll be letting the Minmal Gray Cat out of the bag (my first trip with my new T-Jet Emotion - has only ~ 160 km on the ODO now), and want to enjoy the drive.

TIA!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTeacher (Post 3204474)
Would the best route to Mysore be Kanakpura Road --> Hwy 209 --> Kanakapura --> Malavalli --> Bannur --> Mysore? Have travelled on the Mysore Road before (via Ramnagara/Chennapatna/Maddur/Mandya) and found it un-inspiring.

I'll be letting the Minmal Gray Cat out of the bag (my first trip with my new T-Jet Emotion - has only ~ 160 km on the ODO now), and want to enjoy the drive.

TIA!

The route you have mentioned is correct. I have not been on this route recently(drove last year) The road between Malavalli and bannur was rough. Not sure if its improved now.

If you like countryside, this route will not disappoint you. but the roads are only two lane with trucks and village traffic. So I hope you don't mind all these.

Also almost no food options all the way from Bangalore to Mysore via this route.