Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 15:50   #16
VBV
BHPian

Well, there is another way to Kemmanagundi. That is from Tarikere. You can come to Tarikere on Bangalore Shimoga road and take a deviation into Lingadahalli road. From Lingadahalli go to Kemmanagundi, the road here is also bad, but much shorter than the Chikamagalur one.

The place to stay in this case would be the nice river tern jungle lodge.

Even when I came from Chickamgalur, I went all the way to Lingadahalli, and then climbed the mountains back upto Kemmanagundi to escape the bad stretch of long road from Dattatreya peetha to Kemmanagundi. If you do stay in Chikamagalur, I'd advise one stretch through the bad roads and one through the nice state highway from Chickamagalur to Tarikere.

VBV
Old 6th August 2008, 17:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Well, there is another way to Kemmanagundi. That is from Tarikere. You can come to Tarikere on Bangalore Shimoga road and take a deviation into Lingadahalli road. From Lingadahalli go to Kemmanagundi, the road here is also bad, but much shorter than the Chikamagalur one.

The place to stay in this case would be the nice river tern jungle lodge.

Even when I came from Chickamgalur, I went all the way to Lingadahalli, and then climbed the mountains back upto Kemmanagundi to escape the bad stretch of long road from Dattatreya peetha to Kemmanagundi. If you do stay in Chikamagalur, I'd advise one stretch through the bad roads and one through the nice state highway from Chickamagalur to Tarikere.

VBV
Else the other possible route is
BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-CKM-Lingadahally-Kemmanugundi
Nice road all the way till lingadahally.. Not sure about kemmangundi
Yep you can stay at River tern lodges.. Very beautiful backwaters n the Dam at linganmakki
/day /person is 2,200INR i feel
Old 7th August 2008, 13:08   #18
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Else the other possible route is
BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-CKM-Lingadahally-Kemmanugundi
Nice road all the way till lingadahally.. Not sure about kemmangundi
Yep you can stay at River tern lodges.. Very beautiful backwaters n the Dam at linganmakki
/day /person is 2,200INR i feel
you mean, lakkavalli, right?
Old 7th August 2008, 14:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
you mean, lakkavalli, right?
Yep Lakkavalli.. The lodges over there are beautifully designed and the location is perfect ;-)
Old 6th February 2009, 11:42   #20
BHPian

Is there any other place to stay other than River turn resort?
I am aware of many homestays etc. if approached from Chikamaglur side. But if somebody is approaching from Birur/Tarikere side, are there any homestays or lodges?
Old 6th February 2009, 17:05   #21
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumar View Post
Is there any other place to stay other than River turn resort?
I am aware of many homestays etc. if approached from Chikamaglur side. But if somebody is approaching from Birur/Tarikere side, are there any homestays or lodges?
If you are coming to Chikamagalur from Kadur, there is a small resort called MG Resorts after Sakharayapatna. But it does not look good.

If you are looking at something on the mountains, it really does not matter which side you come from. There are many on the Giri (range) like Nature Nirvana, which is mid way from Lingadahalli and Chickamagalur.

My 2ps.
Old 7th February 2009, 23:28   #22
BHPian

I hear there are some new homestays / resorts which have come up around Kaimara these days. If needed, I can try to get some info.
Old 25th May 2009, 22:05   #23
BHPian

Kemmanagundi-Mulayanagiri trip

Starting on a friday evening is ideal for Kemmanagundi-Mulayangiri trip. You can take NICE road from Bannerghatta to reach Neelamangala. Reach Chikmanagalur in 4hours if there is no heavy traffic. Stay at Chikmangalur - there are a few lodges. Head towards Kemmanagundi via Lingadahalli (45km) instead of taking the Mulayanagiri route. Take a left turn just after an IBP petrol bunk on this road. Locals will guide you to Mulayanagiri route, so ask for Lingadahalli on the way. Stay either at Horticulture Guest house (if you are lucky to get a booking) or you can find limited homestay options. Ozonevalley is a nice place to stay - they charge you 1250/- per head including food. We could get 300/- per head for a group of 6 in a dormitory just for stay. Head to Hebbe Falls first and go for downhill trekking. After rejuvenating at the water falls you can take a jeep back if you are exhausted otherwise you can trek. Jeep guys charge you 400/-. Z-point is another must-visit place at Kemmanagundi - 2km from the Horticulture restaurant. You can have food at this restaurant and go back to homestay. Next day morning you can start to Mulayanagiri - this is a scenic drive but dangerous too. Bad surface and winding road- but the the view on your side is breathtaking. You will take 2hours to reach Mulayanagiri since you will stop often to enjoy the nature. Once you visit the Mulayanagiri peak climbing the steps, you can head towards Chikmangalur for lunch. You can either come back through Hassan-Sravanbelgola road or Birur-Karur-Tumkur-Neelamangala road. Either way it takes almost the same time. Sravanbelgola route - roads are good in surface and traffic is more whereas Karur-Tumkur road surface is bad but traffic is less. Kemmanagundi is amazing for its cool temperature and scenic drive.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:36   #24
BHPian

Any idea how is the route from Chikmagalur to Kemman gundi. To be particular from Chikmagalur to Nature Nirvana plantation Homestay.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:45   #25
BHPian

I went in Mid Dec to Kemmengundi. The roads were not that great from Kemmengundi to Chikmagalur.

Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Any idea how is the route from Chikmagalur to Kemman gundi. To be particular from Chikmagalur to Nature Nirvana plantation Homestay.
Old 24th January 2011, 20:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trip to Kemmangundi

Friends - can someone help me with the route map to Kemmangundi ? If i get to know an elaborate guidance from the NICE road, it will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th January 2011, 11:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Friends - can someone help me with the route map to Kemmangundi ? If i get to know an elaborate guidance from the NICE road, it will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
The route is as follows,
NICE - NH4- Nelmangala-Tumkur(take left at bypass to join NH 206)-Tiptur-Arasikere-Kadur-Tarikere(deviate from NH 206, just before bus stand) take road towards Lingadhally-(take right) - Kallathipura - Kemmangundi
The route is in decent condition till Tiptur, from thereon just beware of the potholes.
Lingadhalli-Kemmangundi is not in great condition, but managable by any car.
Old 26th January 2011, 13:24   #28
BHPian

Anyone knows if the Mallandur-> Attigundi Road is fixed now ? Last heard, it was closed due to slides..
Old 26th January 2011, 18:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your response Sushrutha. The trip is coming up on the 5th of Feb. Hope to put up a travelogue once i do this.
Old 27th January 2011, 09:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Anyone knows if the Mallandur-> Attigundi Road is fixed now ? Last heard, it was closed due to slides..
When did landslide happen ?
Last month when I had been to Kemmangundi via attigundi, it's just a total horrible stretch, good part was some part of the road was getting fixed.
It's very very difficult to refix this road due to Narrowness of this road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks