Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 13:39   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Dear Team -

I am planning to go from Bangalore - Davanagere this Sunday and wanted to know what is the latest condition of the roads.

Also, I am in a dilema whetner to take my swift which has 205/50/R16 wheels or my Dad's Indica Vista Quadrajet with 175/65/R14 wheels? I am scared if there are huge potholes which might dent my alloys?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Anand
You can take you Swift. Road conditions till Chitradurg is excellent, after that it is ok kind of road, few stretches it is 2 lane but surface is good. I could easily manage at 50-60km/hr. i did not find any stretch very bad.
I am a slow driver, but from indiranagar till belgaum sankam I could do it in 10 hrs 530+ KM including breaks. I started at 7:00 am.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:12   #47
BHPian

Beautiful roads - Blore - Davanagere

Thanks for the advice buddy! I did not check my email and ended up taking the Indica Vista Quadra.

I must say the roads were just amazing!!!

[FONT=Calibri]Bangalore - Tumkur - Kallembella - Javanagondanahalli - Sira - Hiriyur - Aymangala - Chitradurga - Davengere.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Beautiful roads all throughout, paying the toll did not hurt, well worth every penny! Every nice scenic beauty as well with all the Huge Wind energy tappin fans. Wonder if they belong to Suzlon?[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]It took me 4 hrs to reach Davangere. All in all, nice journey and I could have taken my low profile setting swift. One imp point to mention, is that you do not get nice hotel if you stay on the user fee toll roads, maybe you need top enter Sira city to find good hotels.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Drive on![/FONT]
Old 14th January 2010, 09:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning a trip to Belgaum.
Whats the present road condition to belgaum?
Good, clean hotels to stay in Belgaum ?
Old 14th January 2010, 09:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^ Please find a lot of info here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...adtrip-28.html

Hope this helps.
Old 14th January 2010, 09:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ Please find a lot of info here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...adtrip-28.html

Hope this helps.
Thanks Pervez.
But I also need info on good , clean Hotels in belgaum
Old 14th January 2010, 09:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thanks Pervez.
But I also need info on good , clean Hotels in belgaum
HOTEL SANKAM RESIDENCY, BELGAUM* - sankam, belgaum, business hotel in belgaum, hotels in belgaum, belgaum hotels, hotels of belgaum, star hotels of belgaum, hospitality, travel, room reservation, accomodation, hotels in north karnataka
Hotel Sankam Residency is the best and most convenient for highway travellers, just off NH4.
Old 14th January 2010, 12:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks HVK.
I shall book in this hotel itself.
Apart from Goa, Gokak, Dandeli, Amboli ghats, Any other tourist places nearby Belgaum
Old 14th January 2010, 22:04   #53
BHPian

Hi Sushrutha, I visited belgaum ,amboli and kolhapur during christmas vacation.The road to belgaum is absolute delight except between chritradurga and ranebennur !!!. I took my maruti 800 to 120 KpH :-) if you have nice sedan you can easily make the 500 Km in 6 hours if you dont take any breaks !! The roads between chitradurga and ranebennur is horrible due to large number of deviations.except that you will definitely enjoy the drive.
Oh also we had dinner at sankam twice and trust me it is better than all these posh hotels in bangalore , pricewise and also taste wise

Oh also we had dinner at sankam twice and trust me it is better than all these posh hotels in bangalore , pricewise and also taste wise.

Last edited by bblost : 15th January 2010 at 17:48. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 15th January 2010, 13:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
Hi Sushrutha, I visited belgaum ,amboli and kolhapur during christmas vacation.The road to belgaum is absolute delight except between chritradurga and ranebennur !!!. I took my maruti 800 to 120 KpH :-) if you have nice sedan you can easily make the 500 Km in 6 hours if you dont take any breaks !! The roads between chitradurga and ranebennur is horrible due to large number of deviations.except that you will definitely enjoy the drive.
Oh also we had dinner at sankam twice and trust me it is better than all these posh hotels in bangalore , pricewise and also taste wise
Thanks @400kph.
This post has definetely helped me a lot. I shall take your advice.
By the way I have a sedan ;-)
Old 15th January 2010, 14:03   #55
BHPian

@400kph
+1 for that, I am from Belgaum and drive frequently. I could name few more hotels from within city but tourists Sankam is located on the edge of NH4. Also if you plan to visit Gokak, be informed there was no water at the Hanging bridge when I last visited on September. For Goa if you take Jamboti road, you will appreciate the woods and many scenic views.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
I could name few more hotels from within city but tourists Sankam is located on the edge of NH4. .
If you please.
My intention of visiting Belgaum is to finish off some work in VTU, Belgaum.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
@400kph
For Goa if you take Jamboti road, you will appreciate the woods and many scenic views.
I dont think its a good suggestion to Drive down to Goa via Jamboti. There is nothing worth calling a ROAD there.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:17   #58
BHPian

@If you please.

Hotel RamDev and Adarsh Palace are the ones. More info from here
Destination Karnataka: Hotels Accommodation
Old 15th January 2010, 17:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
If you please.
Off topic :
I too went to VTU to apply for duplicate marks card.I lost all my semester marks card and had to reapply.I am expecting them this month .God knows when i will get them.Gud Luck !!
Old 25th January 2010, 23:29   #60
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I stayed in hotel Durga residency opp Belgaum ST stand. Highly recommended. AC deluxe double room was 775 bucks. The decor was great. The facilities and service was excellent. Had two ATMs below and a veg restaurant as well. The most surprising part was that I'd parked my car completely dusty (after over 900 kms of drive). Was pleasantly surprised to see it sparkling clean the next morning. The security guard had washed it. I tipped him voluntarily for a great job.

Road from Bangalore to Chitradurga was all poor. Everytime a huge speed breaker scraped the underside of my ikon, I cursed NHAI. Till Ranebennur, it was kind of same. Car roared to life after Ranebennur all the way till Belgaum, with 110 kmph all the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks