Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 10:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update MX6
I'm about to travel tomorrow evening to Belgaum. Have booked KSHEMA INN hotel. No rooms were available in Sankam.
Guys any review on the hotel ??
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:07   #62
BHPian

This time left Bangalore at 2:30pm for some urgent work in Belgaum. It took 2 hours to reach first toll gate to NH4 (near kingfisher brewery). The roads after Chitradurga, near Davangere-Ranibennur are improving, there's work in progress. Be careful of few roads near Davangere...as always smooth drive, reached Belgaum at 10:30pm with two stops.
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:45   #63

Kshema Inn is OK. I stayed there in December 09. This is the Panchamukhi Club. The rooms are decent with food available in the restaurant below.

Make sure you carry some odomos. I had a bit of an issue with mosquitoes but maybe that was just me
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezhun View Post
Kshema Inn is OK. I stayed there in December 09. This is the Panchamukhi Club. The rooms are decent with food available in the restaurant below.

Make sure you carry some odomos. I had a bit of an issue with mosquitoes but maybe that was just me
I stayed in Kshema Inn, Decent hotel. Food was good .
Had been to Sankam for lunch, food was not to my taste. But rooms are good.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:21   #65
BHPian

Folks,
Any recent drives? Is road condition from Chitradurga to Ranibennur further improved?
Old 9th April 2010, 16:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Was there in March and again last weekend. Has been more or less the same in the past one month!
Old 16th April 2010, 01:44   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveklk View Post
Folks,
Any recent drives? Is road condition from Chitradurga to Ranibennur further improved?
Bangalore to chitradurga is good. After Chetradurga, r lots of diversion, You have to be careful during night. Davanageri to Haveri is single road and passing through Renibennur is difficult. Road from Haveri till belgaum is good.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:56   #68

Hi all,

i am planning to drive my new linea from Bangalore to pune with my family ( wife and 2 month old daughter), on Saturday,

Guys please help me to know more about where I can stop for breakfast /snacks /lunch/dinner throughout the Bangalore to pune NH4 highway, also planning to stay in hubli or near suggest some good hotel to stay at night on NH4
And if any suggestion

Prashant Bhat
Old 6th May 2010, 14:56   #69

prashantbhat i will be travelling to Kolhapur on Saturday. I will start at 6:00 AM and my plan is to stop for Breakfast near Sira (Kamat). For lunch I plan it to be after Haveri there is a Ghar Dhaba on BP petrol pump and then be in Kolhapur at arround 4:00/5:00 PM.
Old 7th May 2010, 09:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantbhat View Post
Hi all,

i am planning to drive my new linea from Bangalore to pune with my family ( wife and 2 month old daughter), on Saturday,

Guys please help me to know more about where I can stop for breakfast /snacks /lunch/dinner throughout the Bangalore to pune NH4 highway, also planning to stay in hubli or near suggest some good hotel to stay at night on NH4
And if any suggestion

Prashant Bhat
Depends on what time you start and what time you take breakfast.

There is a Cafe Coffeeday before Tumkur which also has a Vittal Kamath restaurant. This might take 1.5 to 2 hours from Bangalore. The restrooms are clean at Coffee day. I dont think they have any separate area for mother care if you are looking for one. There is a Kamath in Tumkur as well. I believe Sira Kamath is a little inside and you have to take a detour.

Lunch definitely can be at Ghar Dhaba, after Ranibennur. That place is around 5.5 hours from Bangalore. And they have a separate place where mothers can take care of their babies I suppose. I have seen such a board.

Belgaum has a suggested place called Hotel Sankam Residency which is a little off the highway. Hubli and Belgaum are just an hour away from each other and you are better off going upto Belgaum for stay. Belgaum - Pune can be done in 4.5 hours.

Have a safe trip. I will be traveling next Saturday 15th.

Nainar
Old 7th May 2010, 09:55   #71
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantbhat View Post

Guys please help me to know more about where I can stop for breakfast /snacks /lunch/dinner throughout the Bangalore to pune NH4 highway, also planning to stay in hubli or near suggest some good hotel to stay at night on NH4.
The following good eateries/lodgings could be considered while going from Bangalore to Pune:

1. Kamat Upachar, Dobespet [right]
2. Kamat Upachar, Sira [right]
3. Ghar Dhaba BP COCO retail outlet, Ranebennur [left] [food+fuel]
4. A new Kamat I found on the left side between Ranebennur and Davangere
5. Hotel Hoysala [board+loding], Bangalore-Pune Road, Dharwad
6. Hotel Sai International [board+lodging], Kolhapur
7. BP COCO retail outlet, Vadgaon, near Kolhapur [fuel]

Bon voyage.

Old 7th May 2010, 09:57   #72
Team-BHP Support

This is one problem, I felt. All most all the good hotels come before Tumkur, which less than 50km. If you start early and are able to beet the Nelamangala nightmare, you end up at a hotel. Thats when you have just warmed to drive another 200Km on the 4L! Because of which you end loosing signification morning time, when concentration is good and you are fresh.

Good hotels near Chitradurga/Davengere etc would be really good.
I have never about any.

Ravi,

Just after I posted this comment, I saw your post. Items 4 addresses the problem that I mentioned.

Last edited by ampere : 7th May 2010 at 09:58.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:57   #73
BHPian

In a day !

Hi guys,
I am also planning for Bangalore to Pune during May end (Then Pune to Mumbai after 2 days stay @ Pune) and return from Mumbai after 3 days of stay.

Car - Ritz Vxi

Questions:-

1) I know, many of you have done Bangalore - Pune in a day; how much time will it take as per the latest road conditions ? (If i start from JP nagar @ 5 AM and take NICE road to join Tumkur Road).
2) While coming back from Mumbai, shall I take same (NH4) route to Bangalore or is there any other route possible?
Old 12th May 2010, 17:09   #74
J.Ravi

neo45007,

Here are the answers to your queries:

1. I did Pune-Bangalore a couple of months back. I took 15 hours from Hotel Ginger, Wakad, Pune, to my home at Bangalore, including food+fuel breaks.
2. While coming back also, take the same NH 4. There is no other alternative route.

Old 12th May 2010, 17:25   #75
BHPian

Thanks

15 hrs ? I have read people covering this route in 12 or 13 hours ? (With 1 hr total break time).

Well, means ... if I start @ 5 AM from BNG; will be @ Pune only after 7 PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks