Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 19:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is the naxal infested route I was talking about in my earlier post--it goes via Chintapalli forest. Avoid at all costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
straightdrive, when will you be there in Araku?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
....The route through sileru and paderu is not good. it goes through dense forests and naxal infested. vizag- s kota- tyda - borra- anantagiri - araku is better. even the road between araku - paderu is scenic.
Right, will keep that in mind, Vnabhi and Rkg. Thanks again.
Ubsmart, I am expecting to be there between 31st Dec and 2nd Jan.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:59   #32
BHPian

To all of you who contributed info last month - it came in useful and I appreciate it. I drove to Araku in the last few days of December and had a pleasant trip.

Will post a write-up in the travelogues section soon so please look out for it if interested. May not have too many photos worth posting though.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:59   #33
BHPian

StraightDrive
Can you please share details of your trip
No of days, Route Taken, Road Conditions, No of days of stay.

I am planning to do this route in Oct and all information that you can share will be welcome
Old 19th August 2009, 14:54   #34
BHPian

LonelyPlanet, I have posted a travelogue on my trip. Please take a look and will be happy to give you any further info you may want.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ku-valley.html
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hyd-Vijayawada-Annavaram

Hi,
I am planning a road trip to the temple town of Annavaram from hyd via Vijaywada.Few queries:
1)there are 2 routes to vijaywada
a)Canal road - distance - 270kms
b) NH 5 -distance- 307 kms.
Can anybody tell me the latest road conditions between hyd-vijaywada and which route will take less time to cover?

2) Vijaywada to Annavaram- Shall we continue going on the NH5 till Annavaram or shall we take the left diversion from NH5 to Gopalpuram Jct and again join NH5 after crossing through Rajamundhry town till Annavaram.
The distance from Vijaywada till Annavaram through Gopalpuram is 232kms while completely via NH5 is 268kms.
While the difference is of 36 kms, which route is advisable for saving on time as it is going to be a day trip ?
Please give the details.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 2nd September 2009 at 17:14.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau
Hi,
I am planning a road trip to the temple town of Annavaram from hyd via Vijaywada.Few queries:
1)there are 2 routes to vijaywada
a)Canal road - distance - 270kms
b) NH 5 -distance- 307 kms.
Can anybody tell me the latest road conditions between hyd-vijaywada and which route will take less time to cover?

2) Vijaywada to Annavaram- Shall we continue going on the NH5 till Annavaram or shall we take the left diversion from NH5 to Gopalpuram Jct and again join NH5 after crossing through Rajamundhry town till Annavaram.
The distance from Vijaywada till Annavaram through Gopalpuram is 232kms while completely via NH5 is 268kms.
While the difference is of 36 kms, which route is advisable for saving on time as it is going to a day trip ?
Please give the details.
Don't know about the current road conditions, but since you are driving through Vijayawada, I would suggest sticking to NH5 which is all the way 4 lane. It would be quicker than saving the 36 Kms of distance via Gopalpuram.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:35   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

If you want to skip the horrendous traffic from hyderabad to Vjw, i suggest you take the route via. guntur which altogether skips the Vjw town and proceed towards Rajamundhry.

You need to take a right after Suryapet for the guntur route. This route also goes to Chirla/Bapatla ( Surya Lanka Beach). Beautiful road except that it has quite a few speedbreakers and quite lonely so you can cover more ground.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If you want to skip the horrendous traffic from hyderabad to Vjw, i suggest you take the route via. guntur which altogether skips the Vjw town and proceed towards Rajamundhry.

You need to take a right after Suryapet for the guntur route. This route also goes to Chirla/Bapatla ( Surya Lanka Beach). Beautiful road except that it has quite a few speedbreakers and quite lonely so you can cover more ground.
corrections!
  1. You have to take right after Narketpally (i.e. much before Suryapet) on NH-9, if you were to go to Guntur via Nalgonda-Miryalguda-pidiguralla-Sattenapalli
  2. You will join NH-5 at Guntur, and then its a breeze till Vizag via Vijayawada-Eluru-Rajahmundry-Anakapalli
Old 9th September 2009, 17:40   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
corrections!
  1. You have to take right after Narketpally (i.e. much before Suryapet) on NH-9, if you were to go to Guntur via Nalgonda-Miryalguda-pidiguralla-Sattenapalli
  2. You will join NH-5 at Guntur, and then its a breeze till Vizag via Vijayawada-Eluru-Rajahmundry-Anakapalli
My bad, i forgot the name-Narketpally. Thanks for the correction
Old 9th September 2009, 18:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My bad, i forgot the name-Narketpally. Thanks for the correction
Looks like you did not enjoy the breakfast there on the Suryalanka drive---else your stomach would have made you remember.
Old 14th September 2009, 23:13   #41
BHPian

Instead of going through Guntur, is it not better option to take the Khammam route and join NH5 at Rajahmundry?
Old 15th September 2009, 11:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of going through Guntur, is it not better option to take the Khammam route and join NH5 at Rajahmundry?
Yes it would be a better option, provided the roads are good. A colleague of mine travelled on that route a year ago and he said the roads were pretty bad near Aswaraopet for nearly 15 kms.

Satish Appasani is the subject matter expert for that route---PM him for the latest info.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
..........A colleague of mine travelled on that route a year ago and he said the roads were pretty bad near Aswaraopet for nearly 15 kms.....
I travelled on that road last December. While the Suryapet to Khammam road wasn't great, the Khammam - Rajahmundry state highway was pretty good. I don't remember now if there was a bad stretch like you mentioned near Aswaraopet, but if there was, it was a very short one.

Last edited by straightdrive : 15th September 2009 at 11:32.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:00   #44
BANNED

Hi,

I am thinking of visiting Araku Valley (plus one night stay at Tyda) in Mid April. Can somebody tell if this would be a good idea considering the climate/temperature in mid April.

Thanks..
Old 26th March 2010, 00:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hi,

I am thinking of visiting Araku Valley (plus one night stay at Tyda) in Mid April. Can somebody tell if this would be a good idea considering the climate/temperature in mid April.

Thanks..
Both Tyda and Araku are on hills, so definitely a few degrees cooler than the places at sea level. You are good to go.
Watch out for sweaty climate though in the plains around Vizag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks