Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 19:42   #46
BHPian

Otto,

Me just back from Araku this morning at 4. Roads are in great condition, climate was awesome, it was all foggy early hours and little cooler, in the afternoon gets a bit shady hot, but not as much as other places. Because it's a hilly region, sure your trip in mid-April can be worth the trip.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Annavaram

Guys, bumping up the thread again.
This saturday early morning leaving for Annavaram. Need updates on routes and roads condition.
Here is the link to my query on this thread way back in September 2009.Things didn't fall in place that time, but this time it looks like the trip will happen. Help needed guys

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1462944
Old 21st June 2010, 16:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, bumping up the thread again.
This saturday early morning leaving for Annavaram. Need updates on routes and roads condition.
Here is the link to my query on this thread way back in September 2009.Things didn't fall in place that time, but this time it looks like the trip will happen. Help needed guys

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1462944
Manish,
Now that you are back, how about a quick update on the roads?
Old 21st June 2010, 16:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Update!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Manish,
Now that you are back, how about a quick update on the roads?
Oh!! yes yes!! indeed.

1) Hyd-Suryapet-Khammam-Rajamundhry( as on 19th june 2010)
Diversion after suryapet to Khammam leads you to beautiful countryside road with trees lining both sides of the roads and welcoming you by extending over the road to look like an arch.hehehe..
But to tell you the truth, the road is good. Its bad in patches and good to very good in stretches. Beautiful landscape will lower your speed for sure. Everyone who has doubt about the road conditions at Aswaraopet, rest assured, that stretch has been freshly laid and is smooth as butter.
But monsoon effect on road was all visible, it has filled the road with potholes,but not so severe that your car can't manage.
But driving on this route looks longer, even though its shorter of the two.
And yes this route is accident prone. Saw a fresh accident with 3 dead bodies on the road, but is very scenic. Palair lake, Wyra lake is good to see.

2) Hyd-Vijaywada ( as on 20th June 2010)
till Suryapet this stretch is common to both the routes, but after suryapet this route looks faster.With patches of four lane close to Vijaywada and completely four laned NH 5 after vijaywada, this looks like an easy run till Vizag. Driving will be tension free and you can make up speed.

Hyd to Suryapet is frustrating with the truck traffic and single lane roads, While going I got stuck in jam for an hour and could cover only 90kms in first 3 hours.

I would say to enjoy the drive take the first route,but to cover the distance fast, take the second.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 21st June 2010 at 16:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks