Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 11:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very difficult to drive Shirdi-Gwalior the same day. Ideally, you can reach either GUna or Shivpuri, which also will need some zestful driving with minimal halts. There are also hotels in Guna.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
Thanks a lot guys....

The Shirdi - Gwalior stretch is doable in a day?
Not practical at all, especially when you are with your family.

I would recommend that you take a break in Indore and then shoot
for Indore-Delhi in one stretch.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Not practical at all, especially when you are with your family.

I would recommend that you take a break in Indore and then shoot
for Indore-Delhi in one stretch.
Yes this is true if you are reaching Indore in evening. But if you start at 5 AM as per your plan you will reach Indore by afternoon so you need not stop there just for sake of break, Continue and by evening you can reach Shivpuri and take halt there , Shivpuri is a nice small place.

Also If you take halt at Indore you may need to take 2 halts one at Indore and another at Gwalior , So why not take one either at Guna or Shivpuri instead.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Yes this is true if you are reaching Indore in evening. But if you start at 5 AM as per your plan you will reach Indore by afternoon so you need not stop there just for sake of break, Continue and by evening you can reach Shivpuri and take halt there , Shivpuri is a nice small place.
I agree, that makes more sense.

Quote:
Also If you take halt at Indore you may need to take 2 halts one at Indore and another at Gwalior , So why not take one either at Guna or Shivpuri instead.
Wouldn't one be able to do Indore-Delhi in one day considering roads are quite good after Gwalior ?

BTW, how long (in terms of hours) is the drive between Indore and Gwalior.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

I think this is a more realistic approach. Can you suggest me any good hotels enoute? I mean between Shirdi-Indore-Guna-Shivpuri?
Old 9th January 2009, 12:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wouldn't one be able to do Indore-Delhi in one day considering roads are quite good after Gwalior ?

8 or 9 hours approx.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

10 hours, or a full day.Distance is exactly 500 kms.

Distance from Delhi to Gwalior is 315 kms, which can take anywhere from 6-8 hours, depending on traffic conditions exiting Delhi, at Faridabad and in Agra city.
Old 18th January 2009, 00:32   #23
BHPian

Travelling thro MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
I think this is a more realistic approach. Can you suggest me any good hotels enoute? I mean between Shirdi-Indore-Guna-Shivpuri?
Menon Sare, I got back about 12 days back from Delhi and the steretch after Indore till the Maharastra border is Tallipoli ( meaning Attrocious in Malayalam) Avoid using the AGRA Road. Its not worth it, particularly when you have your family with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
10 hours, or a full day.Distance is exactly 500 kms.
Distance from Delhi to Gwalior is 315 kms, which can take anywhere from 6-8 hours, depending on traffic conditions exiting Delhi, at Faridabad and in Agra city.
Sir Ji , In most of posts when Mumbai-Agra road is mentioned you politely dissuade people from using that road and ask them to use the GQ ie. Gujrat -Rajasthan Hway. . In my case I had a meeting in Indore hence had to use the NH3. But in the case of Mr Menon I would recommend the following from Shirdi.
Shirdi-Manmad-Chandvad where it joins NH3 until Dhule. Turn left at Dhule on NH6 going to Surat.and then join the Gujrat Rajasthan road.
Boss what's your view?? I am suggesting NH6 is because I believe Gujrat roads would be definetely better than the MP roads.
Warm Rgds
M.Narayan
Old 18th January 2009, 09:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivealot View Post
I would recommend the following from Shirdi.
Shirdi-Manmad-Chandvad where it joins NH3 until Dhule. Turn left at Dhule on NH6 going to Surat.and then join the Gujrat Rajasthan road.
Boss what's your view?? I am suggesting NH6 is because I believe Gujrat roads would be definetely better than the MP roads.
Warm Rgds
M.Narayan
Entirely agree with you. From Shirdi, one can connect to NH8 at Surat on your route. The roads are very good all the way, except in the Shirdi area where road widening is in progress.

Good feedback from you on NH3 - yes, that is the normal state of affairs, and I think it is a waste of time taking the MP route unless one has no other choice.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:32   #25
BHPian

Travelling thro MP

Quote:
Entirely agree with you. From Shirdi, one can connect to NH8 at Surat on your route. The roads are very good all the way, except in the Shirdi area where road widening is in progress.

Good feedback from you on NH3 - yes, that is the normal state of affairs, and I think it is a waste of time taking the MP route unless one has no other choice.
SIR JI, I have a suggestion to make. In the current scenario most people who travel by road have only one major worry on the mind.
ROAD CONDITION.
I propose that a new permanent thread is started called "Current road condition in India" This could be further subdivided into East West, Narth & South or By NH / SH nos.
We can create a table which can be updated every month or as and when required.
This will help public at large .
We can get inputs of the current condition from the BHPians , State Transport Roadways & NHAI as well.
As resposible citizens of India we could also give feedback to the NHAI and to respective state govts(if reqd). The idea of the feedback is not to point fingers but to give genuine feedback.
As far as the central govt NHAI is concerened I can try to persude them to be involved which ever way .
We could also give an input to the press as a regular update.
Sir what are your views??
Warm Rgds
Narayan
Old 18th January 2009, 11:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SIR JI, I have a suggestion to make. In the current scenario most people who travel by road have only one major worry on the mind.
ROAD CONDITION.
I propose that a new permanent thread is started called "Current road condition in India" This could be further subdivided into East West, Narth & South or By NH / SH nos.
We can create a table which can be updated every month or as and when required.
This will help public at large .
We can get inputs of the current condition from the BHPians , State Transport Roadways & NHAI as well.
As resposible citizens of India we could also give feedback to the NHAI and to respective state govts(if reqd). The idea of the feedback is not to point fingers but to give genuine feedback.
As far as the central govt NHAI is concerened I can try to persude them to be involved which ever way .
We could also give an input to the press as a regular update.
Sir what are your views??
Warm Rgds
Narayan
Good idea, but Narayan, aren't already there too many threads on specific routes (like Bangalore-Goa or Bombay-Delhi), which already have this info? Maybe we should start the thread and see how it goes. I wouldn't bother about anyone other than the group members, forget government, NHAI and all such people, let us mind our biz and they theirs.
Old 18th January 2009, 15:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Menon Sare, ...................

Turn left at Dhule on NH6 going to Surat.and then join the Gujrat Rajasthan road.

Warm Rgds
M.Narayan
I would second this idea, I have personally driven Dhule Surat Ahmedabad on my way back from Cochin-Hyderabad-Aurangabad-Dhule-Surat-Ahmedabad. It would be best to avoid MP, from what I've seen of about 3 K kms of MP in November, 2008.

From Surat on almost everyone knows the conditions, there are lots of threads on this including the latest 6KDAYGQ thread.

-Ramky
===
Old 18th January 2009, 19:23   #28
BHPian

Travelling thro MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
I would second this idea, I have personally driven Dhule Surat Ahmedabad on my way back from Cochin-Hyderabad-Aurangabad-Dhule-Surat-Ahmedabad. It would be best to avoid MP, from what I've seen of about 3 K kms of MP in November, 2008.

From Surat on almost everyone knows the conditions, there are lots of threads on this including the latest 6KDAYGQ thread.

-Ramky
===
Hi Ramky, I know what you mean about MP roads. Year before last I had the misfortune of driving from Bangalore to Delhi via NH7 to Hyderabad- Nagpur- Lakhnadon then on NH26 to Narshimpur- Sagar-lalitpur- Jhansi since this is supposed to be the shortest route between the two cities
The stretch from Laknadon to Jhansi was the worst I have ever encountered in all the years I have driven. The stretch of 200kms took me 11.5 hrs in my Tata Safari. Attrocious was not the word. In anyone wishes to ruin their car then thats the road to take.
I dont have good words for the MP Roads. All that I can tell is to AVOID MP ROADS if you can.
HAS ANYONE DRIVEN ON THIS STRETCH RECENTLY?
Ramky , Your perspective and write up on the 6000km in 6Days was AWESOME
Warn Rgds
Narayan

Quote:

SIR JI Would you know the current status of the Roads leading from Lakhnadon to Jhansi ( NH26)
Warm Rgds
Narayan
Old 18th January 2009, 20:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1067895-post15.html

This was the last update on the route in this group.

One of my friends went on that route after that and the road conditions continue to be bad.
Old 18th January 2009, 23:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ramky, I know what you mean about MP roads. Year before last I had the misfortune of driving from Bangalore to Delhi via NH7 to Hyderabad- Nagpur- Lakhnadon then on NH26 to Narshimpur- Sagar-lalitpur- Jhansi since this is supposed to be the shortest route between the two cities
The stretch from Laknadon to Jhansi was the worst I have ever encountered in all the years I have driven. The stretch of 200kms took me 11.5 hrs in my Tata Safari. Attrocious was not the word. In anyone wishes to ruin their car then thats the road to take.
I dont have good words for the MP Roads. All that I can tell is to AVOID MP ROADS if you can.
HAS ANYONE DRIVEN ON THIS STRETCH RECENTLY?
Ramky , Your perspective and write up on the 6000km in 6Days was AWESOME
Warn Rgds
Narayan

SIR JI Would you know the ..............
Warm Rgds
Narayan
Narayan, Thanks for the nice words

When you compare GQ to MP, the best is GQ.

As you say, Hyderabad - Jhansi, the route you described, I haven't done, it must be real bad if you took 11 hrs + for 200 kms.

I think the MP roads have improved grately in the last 12-24 months, specially the toll roads are smooth with good signages!!!

I was luckier, I found the stretch from Harda till Panchmarhi, Panchmarhi - Jabalpur, Jabalpur - Bandhavgarh, Bandhavgarh-Khajuraho relatively good, most of them toll roads. Its the Indore-Khanod-Hards stretch, Chhatrapur-Bhopal, Bhopal-Devas stretches which were very bad.

The route thro Surat-Saputara-Nashik-Shirdi is also another alternative to consider, I think shorter and faster than Dhule, not sure, will have to check my logs.

====

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks