Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 23:33   #1021
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Calicut : Route Queries

Had done Bangalore - Calicut on may 27th. NICE - Mysore Road - Mysore ORR - Gundlupet - Bathery - Calicut. Roads are open.
Expansion work happening through almost all of the mysore road stretch. Lots of deviations and such.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 17:50   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

A heads up to those planning to travel.

My brothers friend traveled from Mysore - Calicut last week and mentioned about huge queue at Muthanga checkpost.

The guideline that pass is not required and only acknowledgement of entry in the Covid Jagrata site along with the news of Bangalore lock down may have caused it.

It took him around 3 hours cross the check-post.
Old 17th July 2020, 20:05   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
last week and mentioned about huge queue at Muthanga checkpost.

It took him around 3 hours cross the check-post.
The situation has changed drastically since the lock down started. It took just 10 minutes for a friend who traveled 2 days back.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 21:39   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
The situation has changed drastically since the lock down started. It took just 10 minutes for a friend who traveled 2 days back.
I traveled on 14th, reached near Muthanga around 3PM and crossed the last health check point at 8.30PM.

Since I was going to Kannur, there was another check point near Nedumpoyil and had to wait for 1:30 hours. Started from electronic city at 10AM and reached kannur at 2AM.
Anoopscv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 22:12   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
Since I was going to Kannur, there was another check point near Nedumpoyil and had to wait for 1:30 hours.
Yeah, 14th was mad traffic, being the last day before lock down. Things changed significantly from 15th.

To Kannur, You could have chosen via Manjeswaram. Though quite long, would have been quick with very less time at check posts and a smooth drive throughout on a NH. Many I know have taken that to Kannur.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th July 2020 at 22:15.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 17:08   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
I traveled on 14th, reached near Muthanga around 3PM and crossed the last health check point at 8.30PM
Quote:
Yeah, 14th was mad traffic, being the last day before lock down. Things changed significantly from 15th.
Since you have traveled / know someone who traveled recently. Wanted to check regarding the pass acknowledgement part.

As per my understanding, its possible to get acknowledgement from Covid Jagrata site only based on the slots available. So in other words, one cannot just travel on the date they would like to.

My cousin is planning on traveling tomorrow, he had applied for pass last month and has got the same for tomorrow. Now, his parents who are in Bangalore also are keen on travelling with him to Calicut. However, the next available slots are shown only for next week. So in this case, can they apply for next available slot and travel with the cousin, in-spite of the date being different?
Old 20th July 2020, 17:46   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So in this case, can they apply for next available slot and travel with the cousin, in-spite of the date being different?
Yes. since July 1st, the dates in the pass does not matter. They are checking only the registration number in the pass and they will cross-check the regn number and number of passengers in their system. I know at least 10 people who have traveled on a date different (earlier) than what they had in the pass/registration.

Disclaimer: Not an official information/confirmation, but based on how it has been.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 22:34   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. since July 1st, the dates in the pass does not matter.
Thanks.
My cousin did Bangalore - Calicut on 22nd. As mentioned in earlier post, his parents were also planning on joining with a post dated acknowledgement.

However, the plan was dropped and it was just cousin and friend who did the trip, both of them had acknowledgement.

They started from Bangalore around 06.00 AM, crossed medical check-post at Muthanga around 01.30 PM. Check-post took around 15 minutes and then there was a similar wait for police convoy to be ready.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 22:14   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend did Bangalore - Kalpetta over the weekend.

Got the permit through Covid Jagrata site, was stopped at Muthanga medical camp for checkup. He was traveling with kid and wife. Those at medical center told that one of them will have to undergo covid testing (one from a car was the rule mentioned). So my friend underwent the test.

This seems to be a case since his destination is within Wayanad. For those going to other districts, its not done.

They been asked to remain in home quarantine for 14 days.

He had checked about the short / 7 day permit just out of curiosity. What he was informed is that, the approval process is the same as regular permit. However, once the health inspector of your destination area contact you, you need to inform that it will be short stay and its approved by the health inspector.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 7th September 2020 at 22:15.
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 15:10   #1030
BHPian

Quote:

He had checked about the short / 7 day permit just out of curiosity. What he was informed is that, the approval process is the same as regular permit. However, once the health inspector of your destination area contact you, you need to inform that it will be short stay and its approved by the health inspector.
Thanks for the info, Suhas. We are travelling to Calicut on Friday, what is the rule if I plan to return after 7 days, but the family stays back? Do they have to continue being in quarantine till the 14th day?

Last edited by onedotsix : 29th September 2020 at 15:11. Reason: grammar
Old 29th September 2020, 16:48   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
We are travelling to Calicut on Friday, what is the rule if I plan to return after 7 days, but the family stays back?
For those going for duration of 7 days or less, there is a separate short term pass available now.
Those traveling after availing this doesn't have the quarantine requirements to be followed. However, the pass is issued only to specific set of travel reasons, which are listed in the covid jagrata site.

For those staying more than 7 days, can anyway make use of the earlier pass, which is auto approved. However, one has to follow the 14 days quarantine requirement. However, there is an option to decrease this to 7 days, if you get tested at end of 7 days and result is negative. Details here.
Old 30th September 2020, 15:25   #1032
Distinguished - BHPian

Just FYI.

Kerala short term pass (up to 7 days) also has now been made as an auto approval pass, a relative of mine tried and got approved instantly.

Hence I too tried for Oct second half and got approved immediately.
Old 3rd October 2020, 12:05   #1033
BHPian

Did the Bangalore Calicut trip yesterday. At the border they asked for the destination. Since we mentioned Kozhikode, and that we had applied for e-pass, they just let us through. No pass checked, no making entries, no instructions issued. I think they were checking and making entries only if the destination was within Wayanad..
Roads were decent all through. Mysore road had heavy traffic and a lot of construction, best avoided on weekends. Mysore Outer ring road has developed horrible potholes at some places. Landed in a huge one at speed, fortunately no damage.
Old 28th October 2020, 09:55   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Read there is no checking either enroute or at CP. Fingers crossed.
Replying you here to avoid hijacking Ooty thread.

Checking like in initial days of lockdown is not there. During my drive, I was stopped at Muthanga and also noticed that all vehicles were stopped. Pass was checked, though unlike earlier days QR scanning/ entering your details in system/ checking ID cards and all are not there.

I was let through after checking the pass and noting down my details (vehicle number, pass number & contact number) and making sure the passenger count in car matches that mentioned in pass.

I would suggest you try either of two options-
1. Apply for short term (less than 7 days pass) if date is available.
2. Apply for regular pass, with slot which is available. There were mention in this thread that they were allowing people with pass having different dates.

Thest two will be easier to deal with than having different check post I feel.
Old 28th October 2020, 15:14   #1035
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest you try either of two options-
1. Apply for short term (less than 7 days pass) if date is available.
2. Apply for regular pass, with slot which is available. There were mention in this thread that they were allowing people with pass having different dates.

Thest two will be easier to deal with than having different check post I feel.
Thanks

The issue is I am coming from KL and would return on the very next day. These passes are applicable to NRKs only, it seems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks