Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 19:46   #31
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Badami : Route Queries

Road from Mantralaya - Raichur is not in great condition, it's 40 KM will take about 1.5 hours to make the distance.
Old 14th January 2015, 20:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Road from Mantralaya - Raichur is not in great condition, it's 40 KM will take about 1.5 hours to make the distance.
Oh wow! I had sincerely hoped it would be better after all these years. I had driven on that route in 2008 on my last visit and it had taken a similar amount of time.
Old 15th January 2015, 14:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Planning a trip to Mantralayam, Badami, Aihole and Pattadkal. The whole trip is for 4 days, but the first day and a half will be spent driving to and in Mantralayam. This is route suggested by Google Maps - http://goo.gl/tpw86P . Any suggestions and or idea about about recent road conditions will be much appreciated.

Planning to reach Badami at the end of the 2nd day. I was looking at hotels to stay. Is the KSTDC hotel in Badami good or are there any other good options to stay?

Also is it possible to finish Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal in a single day? The focus will be more towards photography on this trip. If it is indeed possible, I would like to explore the possibility of driving down to Hampi at the end of Day 3 and stay there for the night and explore Hampi on Day 4 before driving back to Bangalore.

The drive will be a Fiesta petrol and I don't have too many issues driving at night but would prefer not driving on undivided highways too much at night if I can help it mainly because of the high-beam lights from oncoming drivers .

I was in Badami / Hampi around Chrishmas in 2014. We left Badami around 4.00 PM and went on to JSW (near Hospet/Hampi) via Jalihal - Gajendragad - Kushtagi and then NH13. Reached Hyatt by 7.30 PM.

Raod from Badami to Kustagi is OK. It is narrow, single lane road at many places and you have to get your car down 50% to let on-coming vehicle pass. May be you can use this road from Mantralayam to Badami.

We had lunch at The Heritage Resort in Badami. Only a set Veg lunch (thali) was on offer and no a-la-carte. But I did see many foreign tourists staying there. It might be a good option to check for Badami stay.

Reaching Bangalore after Hampi sightseeing on the same day looks stretched. You would need almost a whole day to visit major Hampi attractions.
Old 5th May 2015, 13:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Badami - Bijapur road conditions : Drove Bangalore-Hubli-Badami-Bijapur over the weekend. Road conditions on NH4 till Hubli is excellent barring the 'undulations' on some stretches.

NH218 from Hubli to Bijapur is 2 laned and in good condition. SH14 from Khanapur SK to Badami is narrow and patchy but drivable. Alternatively, one can drive down about 15KM further from Khanapur SK on NH218 and take the road from Kerur to Badami which is in very good shape if one wants to avoid SH14.

KSTDC hotel in Badami is a decent option - AC double and triple beds are 1500/- and 2100/-.

For local sightseeing at Badami , I hired a rick and the circuit taken was Badami-Shivayogamandir-Mahakoota-Pattadakkal-Aihole-Shivayogamandir-Badami. The last 1km to Aihole is not in good shape, remaining roads are OK.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 09:38   #35
BHPian

Hi, what's the present condition of road between Hubli & Badami. Thanks Satish
Old 31st December 2015, 08:59   #36
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Badami : Route Queries

Drove from Bangalore to Badami and back.

Outbound:-
Bangalore - Hubli (NH4) - Badami (NH218 & SH 14).

NH218 is in good condition, SH 14 Khanapur SK to Badami has degraded and driving is slow and tedious,

Return:-
Badami - Ron - Gadag (SH 6) - Bankapur - Bangalore (NH4).

The road from Badami to Bankapur via Ron & Gadag is in good shape with very little traffic. Could drive at good speed.
satshen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 18:11   #37
BHPian

We are planning a 4 day trip to hampi, badami, aihole, patadkal on the coming long weekend. Can some one please suggest a good route plan ?
We were thinking of following:

Day 1: Start from Bangalore at 7AM ( not possible before that) and reach Hospet by afternoon. Check out Hampi from late afternoon (some sun set points and temple)
Day 2: spend entire day in Hampi for sight seeing.
Day 3: start from Hampi and cover Aihole, Patadkal, Badami and return back to Hampi.
Day 4: See more of Hampi OR start early, check Chitradurga Fort and return to Bangalore by evening

Last edited by Cooltronics : 21st January 2016 at 18:12. Reason: alignment and more data
Old 21st January 2016, 21:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
We are planning a 4 day trip to hampi, badami, aihole, patadkal on the coming long weekend. Can some one please suggest a good route plan ?
We were thinking of following:

Day 1: Start from Bangalore at 7AM ( not possible before that) and reach Hospet by afternoon. Check out Hampi from late afternoon (some sun set points and temple)
Day 2: spend entire day in Hampi for sight seeing.
Day 3: start from Hampi and cover Aihole, Patadkal, Badami and return back to Hampi.
Day 4: See more of Hampi OR start early, check Chitradurga Fort and return to Bangalore by evening
Your plan till Hampi sightseeing looks OK. But to cover Aihole, pattadkal and Badami starting from Hampi/Hospet would be a little difficult. You can finish Hampi Sightseeing and head to Bagalkot which is approx 150 KM. Day 3 You can cover Aihole, Pattadkal and Badami. You can return to Bagalkot which is approx 50 km from Badami and then return to Bangalore via Navalgund -Hubli and Chitradurga. The road from Bagalkot to Hubli is decent (watch out for some road humps)
Old 21st January 2016, 21:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMILES View Post
Your plan till Hampi sightseeing looks OK. But to cover Aihole, pattadkal and Badami starting from Hampi/Hospet would be a little difficult. You can finish Hampi Sightseeing and head to Bagalkot which is approx 150 KM. Day 3 You can cover Aihole, Pattadkal and Badami. You can return to Bagalkot which is approx 50 km from Badami and then return to Bangalore via Navalgund -Hubli and Chitradurga. The road from Bagalkot to Hubli is decent (watch out for some road humps)
We have already booked 3 nights at Hospet (Royal Orchid) and hence we plan to stay there. In case we need to drop one of the location from Badami, Aihole, Patadkal which one should that be ?
I was hoping to do all three of them in a day since I saw many travelling from Bangalore to these three locations and returning to Hospet.
Old 21st January 2016, 21:50   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We have already booked 3 nights at Hospet (Royal Orchid) and hence we plan to stay there. In case we need to drop one of the location from Badami, Aihole, Patadkal which one should that be ?
I was hoping to do all three of them in a day since I saw many travelling from Bangalore to these three locations and returning to Hospet.
I think you cannot do up/down from Hampi and visit all these three places in one go. You will need to plan it with another day or two.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think you cannot do up/down from Hampi and visit all these three places in one go. You will need to plan it with another day or two.
Ampere : Considering the difficulty in doing all 3 together, any recommendations on what can be skipped ?
I was thinking of either skipping Badami Cave OR doing just that and skipping other two.

I had the below routes in my mind

https://goo.gl/maps/sHAoF4g8vyx [129 KM]
Hospet to Badami road: Yelaburga --> Sudi --> Jalihal --> Badami

OR

https://goo.gl/maps/PTM4vssoxnQ2 [140 KM]
Hospet to Aihole --> Patadakal (NH 13 via kushtagi --> hungund (left turn) --> Amingad --> Kunibenchi --> Aihole --> Patadakal )

https://goo.gl/maps/PWqEStLvcGk [138 KM]
Hospet to Patadakl (first) and Aihole
Hospet --> Kushtagi --> HanamSagar--> Dammur --> Gudur --> Bhimanagad

Have no clue about the roads at all
Old 21st January 2016, 22:23   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere : Considering the difficulty in doing all 3 together, any recommendations on what can be skipped ?
I was thinking of either skipping Badami Cave OR doing just that and skipping other two.
More than the route, I think lets decide the place first. Here is one excellent travelogue for you to decide on the place.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...itage-run.html
Old 8th February 2016, 09:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Planning to visit Badami-Pattadakal-Aihole on the long weekend of Holi in March. Plan is to take route from Hospet i.e. NH13. Could anybody please provide updates on road conditions between Hospet and Badami? I will be traveling with my wife and kid. Planning to start from Bangalore on 23rd March evening and make stay at Chitradurga and next morning reach Badami directly. I am aware of the route till Hospet and even the condition of it. Anything beyond till Badami is unknown.

Regards
Old 28th June 2016, 09:44   #44
BHPian

Hi Folks,

We are planning Bangalore - Badami - Hampi - Bangalore during 6th - 9th July. Here is the draft plan

Day-1: Start from Bangalore @4.30 AM and reach Clarks inn, Badami by by 1 PM. Have lunch and tour Badami till evening.
Day-2: Checkout @7.30 AM. Cover Pattadakal- Aihole and reach Hospet (via Hungund, Kushtagi) by noon. Checkin @ Royal Orchid and walk around Hampi in evening if possible.
Day-3: Full day @ Hampi and stay @ Royal orchid
Day-4: Start @7.30 and visit Anegondi and leave for Bangalore

Onward Journey: Bangalore (Whitefield) - Chitradurga – Hubli – Badami
Return Journey: Hospet - Anegondi – Bellari –Ananthapur - Bangalore

Accommodation is final and so the sequence of destinations (first Badami and then Hampi). Any inputs on road conditions are most welcome.
Old 28th June 2016, 10:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Hi Folks,

We are planning Bangalore - Badami - Hampi - Bangalore during 6th - 9th July. Here is the draft plan

Day-1: Start from Bangalore @4.30 AM and reach Clarks inn, Badami by by 1 PM. Have lunch and tour Badami till evening.
Day-2: Checkout @7.30 AM. Cover Pattadakal- Aihole and reach Hospet (via Hungund, Kushtagi) by noon. Checkin @ Royal Orchid and walk around Hampi in evening if possible.
Day-3: Full day @ Hampi and stay @ Royal orchid
Day-4: Start @7.30 and visit Anegondi and leave for Bangalore

Onward Journey: Bangalore (Whitefield) - Chitradurga – Hubli – Badami
Return Journey: Hospet - Anegondi – Bellari –Ananthapur - Bangalore

Accommodation is final and so the sequence of destinations (first Badami and then Hampi). Any inputs on road conditions are most welcome.
Hows the weather at this time? I also have a similar itenrary and the same dates
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks