Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 14:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jim Corbett and around

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT permit bumping up your own query. Such posts are classified as SPAM. Please do NOT inconvenience other users by bumping up your own posts.

Last edited by GTO : 8th August 2011 at 20:22.
dinesha is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2011, 17:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

@dinesha : Corbett core reserve is closed from 15th June to 15th November. However the other forest trails are open but due to extreme foliage due to monsoon the sightings of wild life become difficult.

I'd say for corbett best time would be November second half. SInce you are in Delhi better try Sarsika near Alwar for October.

You can try one or two nights at Pangot near Nanital.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 17:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
No response. Guys please assist.
dinesha, best time to go would be October to March.

Posting some pics from 2 trips in Jan 2005 and Feb 2008.

The second time we stayed at Wood Castle Resort. Will check the name of the resort we stayed at the first time.

We went in a big group and absolutely enjoyed this trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Jim Corbett-jim-corbett.jpg  

Delhi - Jim Corbett-cbt22.jpg  

Last edited by Sugeeta : 8th August 2011 at 17:54.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:37   #34
BHPian

Some pictures of His Royal Highness....Sri Sher Singh!!
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Jim Corbett-tiger1.jpg  

Delhi - Jim Corbett-tiger2.jpg  

Old 8th August 2011, 17:59   #35
BHPian

This one was as close at 7 feet away from us as he crossed from behind our gypsy.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Jim Corbett-jim-corbett-7.jpg  

Delhi - Jim Corbett-jim-corbett-8.jpg  

Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 20:14   #36
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jim Corbett

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
For a Gypsy the charges are around 1800 to 1900 for a trip. The charges though varies from hotel to hotel and the ramnagar office. Since it would depend how far is your Jungle gate is located from your hotel.

Personal cars are allowed inside. I guess we paid 450 or something in april when we were 5 people in my Gurkha. You have to pay for guide and it is compulsory. I guess they would only allow 4x4 vehicles inside. As the only other personal vehicle I saw inside was a 4x4 Tata Safari. In Dhikala I have even seen Innova. God knows what is their criteria but YES personal vehicles are allowed.

I am going tomorrow once back I would put down the exact money and hotel details.
rhandle, I called up a guide named Ramesh. He is quoting 3500 / safari trip either morning or evening or 7500 for the whole day. The trip is planned in last week of Oct. Is he asking too much? This guy is recommended by lots of people on Indiamike.com
Old 15th August 2011, 11:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

May I suggest you to go through my travelogue on Corbett - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ted-quest.html to get an idea about full day safari etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
rhandle, I called up a guide named Ramesh. He is quoting 3500 / safari trip either morning or evening or 7500 for the whole day. The trip is planned in last week of Oct. Is he asking too much? This guy is recommended by lots of people on Indiamike.com
AFAIK, personal cars are allowed only in the Dhikala Zone and that too if you have a booking in the FRH, Dhikala.

Out of the 5 gates, only Jhirna is open throughout the year.

Jhirna--------------------Khara,Kalagarh (Open throughout the year)
Dhikala------------------ Dhangari
Domunda---------------- Durgadevi
Bijrani------------------Aamdanda
Sonanadi---------------- Vatanvasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post

Personal cars are allowed inside. I guess we paid 450 or something in april when we were 5 people in my Gurkha. You have to pay for guide and it is compulsory. I guess they would only allow 4x4 vehicles inside. As the only other personal vehicle I saw inside was a 4x4 Tata Safari. In Dhikala I have even seen Innova. God knows what is their criteria but YES personal vehicles are allowed.

Last edited by gd1418 : 15th August 2011 at 12:04.
Old 17th August 2011, 23:03   #38
BHPian

[quote=gd1418;2468151]May I suggest you to go through my travelogue on Corbett - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ted-quest.html to get an idea about full day safari etc.?

Thanks, please suggest if separate morning and evening safari's will be good especially with a 4 year kid? The travelogue has scared me a little on the full day safari given that the food arrangements inside are not good.
I got to know from the resort people that advance bookings for the safari can be done only 15 days in advance. Is that correct?
Old 30th August 2011, 12:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Advance booking is only for the morning safari, while for the evening it is on first-come-first-serve basis. However there does exist the nexus between the resort owners & the CTR authorities.

You have to try that much little hard..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post

Thanks, please suggest if separate morning and evening safari's will be good especially with a 4 year kid? The travelogue has scared me a little on the full day safari given that the food arrangements inside are not good.
I got to know from the resort people that advance bookings for the safari can be done only 15 days in advance. Is that correct?
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@dinesha :
I'd say for corbett best time would be November second half. SInce you are in Delhi better try Sarsika near Alwar for October.

You can try one or two nights at Pangot near Nanital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Advance booking is only for the morning safari, while for the evening it is on first-come-first-serve basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
AFAIK, personal cars are allowed only in the Dhikala Zone and that too if you have a booking in the FRH, Dhikala.

Out of the 5 gates, only Jhirna is open throughout the year.
Guys, my final iterenary looks like this attached. your comments plz.
The reason I am starting and ending in Marchula is because the resort is booked for all 7 nights (Its a gifted stay). As I said, I will my own car with me during the 7 days in Kumaon. I dont want to put too much into the iterenary. Want to take it easy during the vacation.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Jim Corbett-uttaranchal-iterenary.jpg  

Old 4th October 2011, 08:36   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

All I can say is budget enough travel time as road condition between Mordabad and Ramnagar are pathetic - if at you can call some sections "road." Patience and cheerful mood will set you at ease here.

8-)
Old 6th June 2012, 15:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Guys - After toying with and subsequently, striking off Tadoba from my list, I am planning on a trip to Corbett in July last week / August first week. I know the time is not great, but this is the ONLY SLOT I can do.

So, can people guide me on-
- Where in Corbett to go?
- If I can take my own vehicle inside (Gurkha)? If so how/from where etc...?
- Where should I stay?
- What all preparations should I make?

Thanks, but I have never visited Corbett earlier and am looking for some guidance here.
To top it off, my co-passenger for this trip, is my Bro, who has been living in US for the past 2 decades, and has an insatiable lust for the Tiger (and other wild animals), but may turn out to be a delicate link in the chain of things. You know, usual stuff like, what we eat, what we drink, where we attend to nature etc etc....
Old 10th June 2012, 10:20   #43
LLL
BHPian

You have 2 options

1) Search makemytrip.com or yatra.com and finalise a hotel tha its close to corbett. call up the hotel and check their rates. Book online/offline, whichever is better. Ask the hotel to book jeep safaris for u also.
I was told that personal cars are not allowed inside now.

2) contact KMVN and try to get a booking in 1 of the FRHs. You can check with them if they would allow your vehicle inside the park. else you may need to hire an authorised jeep to enter the park.

As far as preparations are concerned...i think u only need a camera, cap and a water bottle for the safari. food is available with hotels and in FRHs.
LLL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2012, 10:24   #44
LLL
BHPian

Moradabad to ramnagar road is really bad. Its 80+ kms of pain.

an alternate route which is much better is Moradabad-Rampur-suar-bazpur-kaladhungi-ramnagar. This is longer by 40 kms, only makes sense if u plan to include corbett falls or nainital in your itinerary.
LLL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 15:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Guys - After toying with and subsequently, striking off Tadoba from my list, I am planning on a trip to Corbett in July last week / August first week. I know the time is not great, but this is the ONLY SLOT I can do.

So, can people guide me on-
- Where in Corbett to go?
- If I can take my own vehicle inside (Gurkha)? If so how/from where etc...?
- Where should I stay?
- What all preparations should I make?

Thanks, but I have never visited Corbett earlier and am looking for some guidance here.
To top it off, my co-passenger for this trip, is my Bro, who has been living in US for the past 2 decades, and has an insatiable lust for the Tiger (and other wild animals), but may turn out to be a delicate link in the chain of things. You know, usual stuff like, what we eat, what we drink, where we attend to nature etc etc....
I have done this twice with different family visitors (OCIs as well ) in the past one year.

Both the times we stayed at Ramganga resort - fantastic property with lots of greenery, swimming pool, great service, etc. and great food. Only negative is that it is on the North Eastern periphery of the Park and hence a 20-30 min drive from Ramnagar which is the hub on the Eastern side of the park

The last time I went, we had a friend who accompanied us but stayed at Mapple resort and he loved it as well. This is much closer to the hub but not as serene and beautiful as Ramganga. You can Google both properties to get more details.

On your own vehicle, it is a bit complex. Best option is to park it outside Bijrani and rent a gypsy to go in for the Safari. There are two options for the Safari - the 6 am one and the 2 pm one. The morning one needs to be booked online, the afternoon one opens at noon everyday - first come first serve basis. My suggestion is book the online one in advance and then do the afternoon one if you do not spot the tiger in the morning (high possibility)

About the road, the Moradabad to Kashipur stretch for about 40-50Km is awful, but rest of the road is a breeze. Gajraula is the best place for lunch and pit stops - the dhabas as well as McDs are good.

Special preparations - nothing specific, cameras, batteries and hats are all that you need...have a great one
car.lover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks