Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 13:59   #46
BHPian

Friends,

Just want to share two very inspirational adventure serial I recently watched. Very very interesting. I am posting the poster of them - just have a look. Some of you may have already watched them - but others who don't, please go through them.

1. Long Way Round (my personal favorite.... )

2. Long Way Down.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-lwr.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-lwd.jpg  

Old 14th August 2009, 11:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Milind
Sorry I have no clue about what tyres to use. I wonder if you can use tubeless because that would require special rims, I guess. Ask the expert who rebuilt your bike.
Basic tyre repair kits are of course available in India. But spend a day or so to learn how to do it (including how to take off the wheel). Don't close your eyes to this potential danger and wish everything will be fine, please.
Have fun.
Sudipto
Old 14th August 2009, 15:08   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Basic tyre repair kits are of course available in India. But spend a day or so to learn how to do it (including how to take off the wheel).
I agree. Milinda, you might also want to take a look at these threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...does-work.html
and
SLIME Flat Tire Repair - Smart Solutions for Flat Tire Prevention: ATV, Bicycle, Motorcycle, Lawn Tractor - The leader in tire inflators & gauges - Buy Online Today..
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:27   #49
BHPian

The arrival

Hi friends

Today is very auspicious - It is Ganesh Chaturthi and starting of the holy month of Ramadan. And today only came my bike from the garage. In spite of very serious personal assignment, Kallol make sure to bring the baby home. Thank you buddy, I am really proud to be your friend.

I am also thankful to Sumeet Mehendiratta (+919810225063), who left no stone unturned to make the bike as per showroom condition. In spite of my numerous ISD calls at odd hours, asking tons of stupid technical questions, Summet was always happy to go some extra miles to satisfy me. A good person from heart with sound technical knowledge, I wish him every success in professional and personal life. I would also like to recommend him to my fellow bhpians regarding Yamaha motorcycles.

I am attaching three images of the finished bike, though the image quality is not good. They are taken usuing mobile phone, but I will definitely upload some quality images soon.

Till then – ciao
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-img00072.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-img00074.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-img00075.jpg  

Old 14th September 2009, 16:59   #50
BHPian

Friends, today Kallol emailed me some quality images of my RD. They are taken from all possible angles.

I have approx 75 days left to start my journey. And I now, its a long time, but I am very very excited. In the mean time, I am eagerly waiting your comments and suggestions regarding any further modifications or so.

And exciting news I want to share with you friends. I have finalized a deal for a Yezdi Classic. Got it for 12k and another 5k for the papers, so total 17K. It may sound a little on the higher side, but as the bike is in good condition, I opt for it. I will be posting the images and other information may be early next month in a separate thread.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-0411.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-042.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-043.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-044.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-045.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-046.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-049.jpg  

Delhi - Kolkata : A ride on RD350-picture-056.jpg  

milindajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 01:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Your trip still on?

Sutripta
Old 25th October 2009, 08:27   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Your trip still on?

Sutripta
Hi Sutripta, the trip is very much on. The last updates are as follows...
1. Registration of the bike in my name - done.
2. Pollution and Comprehensive Isurance - done
3. Ticket from Dubai - Delhi - done.

Just waiting for the big day...... 35 days left.
Old 25th October 2009, 09:05   #53

Nicely restored bike you have got there Milinda. I understand you are planing to take her on a longish one soon, keeping that in mind IMHO the seats do not appear too comfy.
Old 25th October 2009, 10:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Nicely restored bike you have got there Milinda. I understand you are planing to take her on a longish one soon, keeping that in mind IMHO the seats do not appear too comfy.
Thanks Keith. I understand that it will be very difficult to drive 1600-1700 km sitting on it - but this is how it used to come from the factory. Can you suggest me any modification I can do.
Old 25th October 2009, 11:48   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Jharkhand Assembly election dates have been announced - 27 Nov to 18 Dec 2009, counting on 23rd December (Five-phase Jharkhand assembly polls from Nov 27- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times, 2009 Jharkhand Assembly Elections, Politics - AndhraNews.Net Features). Do be careful while passing throught the area, keep a tab on the latest news, choose your dates not to coincide with a few days before/one or two days after the elections, and try not to stop in JH. Good luck!

23rd Dec being the date of counting, and that being the only window I had to drive to Alipurduar & Kolkata, I've shelved my plans as of now.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Jharkhand Assembly election dates have been announced - 27 Nov to 18 Dec 2009, counting on 23rd December (Five-phase Jharkhand assembly polls from Nov 27- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times, 2009 Jharkhand Assembly Elections, Politics - AndhraNews.Net Features). Do be careful while passing throught the area, keep a tab on the latest news, choose your dates not to coincide with a few days before/one or two days after the elections, and try not to stop in JH. Good luck!

23rd Dec being the date of counting, and that being the only window I had to drive to Alipurduar & Kolkata, I've shelved my plans as of now.

Dada - this is a indeed a very disturbing news for me. As per schedule, I am starting from Delhi on 1st Dec and will be crossing Jharkhand on 4th. So, the dates are in election schedule. I don't know what to do. I can't re-schedule my trip plan because of professional obligations. If, I miss this time - I don't know when I will be able to accomplish it again. Please suggest what to do.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:31   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Check the election schedule to see when the elections are in the area surrounding the NH2. Making a run on the day of election is probably safer than when campaigning is on - at least law and order will be better managed then. Do a daytime run, and don't bother to stop for refreshments while in JH (I know that's tough, but 3-4 hours' hard riding should see you safely across the area). And may Lady Luck be on your side all the while.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:04   #58
BHPian

Need company, i can ride to Varanasi and give you company at Bihar and Jharkhand sections.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:18   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebagchi View Post
Need company, i can ride to Varanasi and give you company at Bihar and Jharkhand sections.
You are welcome. That would be great. Would like to know what you will be riding and from where you gonna join me.
Old 26th October 2009, 06:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
Please suggest what to do.
Hi,
All things considered, I think your question mark will be your bike more than the elections.

Suggestion A) Run and enjoy your bike around Delhi. Then put it on a train to Calcutta. Maybe, you can do it from Agra, Lucknow, or Benares.

Suggestion B) Routing oneself through Bihar rather than Jharkhand seems logical on the face of it. Personally I would not think of it. Another person routed himself through Nepal.

Suggestion C) Daytime run through Jharkhand.

One additional problem is that sometimes the authorities seal the roads just before the elections to prevent outsiders (mercenaries) coming into the area. These are informal, and as such not announced, and so difficult to plan for.

There is a large element of luck involved in all this. Nothing is certain. Are you young enough to be profiled as a bike riding "mastan". The law of averages say that you will come through Jharkhand without any problem.

If by bike, plan your fuel stops carefully. Carry spares, and learn how to use them. Esp. how to care for the points, and time the bike. I own a RD.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks