Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 14:00   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Number 17 is Jubilee pump. Famous and perhaps the largest in eastern India. Open 24x7. Accepts credit cards. Rest of the pumps you might need to pay in cash. Carry enough of it.
You'll get good quality food as well there at Jubilee pump.

If you are refuelling inside cities like Varanasi and Kanpur, you might use credit cards, else it's safe to pay in cash.

Probably, you'll take the 84km long Allahabad bypass where there is no Petrol Pump. So refuel in advance there. After crossing the bypass, you'll find pumps and also a Reliance Plaza for refreshments(basic facilities are available).
Old 29th October 2009, 15:40   #77
BHPian

Sengupta da, thank you very much for such a detailed guideline for fuel pumps. And thanks to Sudipto da & black panther as well.

I think, it will be wise to carry enough cash in 3-4 seperate sections (some hidden... and go for the credit card where the facility is available.

I will be staying for night at Kanpur and Varanasi (Have a plan to perform puja at Kasi Vishwanath Mandir). So fueling can easyly be done in the city.

And guys, I hope after Varanasi, Bagchi is going to be with me - so half of my worries are his ....
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:21   #78
BHPian

Hi friends,

Do anyone of you have a RD350 owner's hand book? Can I have a copy please? I downloaded one from the web, but there are a lot of pages missing.

Please drop me a line if you know any link for downloading the complete Owner's Hand Book.

I would also like to request RD350 owners to shed some light on Spark Plug issue. Which will be the best one to use for long drive? Please do drop some technical suggestions regarding long drives ON RD350

Regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:49   #79
BHPian

Guys, just uploaded a very detailed road map of India. The map is big enough and how will be of your help. I scanned it part by part from Eicher and then joined them. The file is 35 MB in size and can be downloaded by clicking the below link

https://n2.fileflow.com:443/fileflow...cFnpJ7Z&type=1

Regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:02   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_panther View Post
If you are refuelling inside cities like Varanasi and Kanpur, you might use credit cards, else it's safe to pay in cash.
I agree. Don't even think of using your CC at most of these pumps. Fine to use it at Mathura, they are a company-owned outfit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
I will be staying for night at Kanpur and Varanasi (Have a plan to perform puja at Kasi Vishwanath Mandir). So fueling can easyly be done in the city.
I'd suggest you push till Allahabad the first day (about 590 km - 10-11 hours max), go into the city and stay overnight, as well as fuel up. The next day will be a comfortable drive down to Benaras (135 km), and you can have the whole day there - apart from the puja, you can go around the city as well as Sarnath (again, here, I'd suggest you park your bike and take a rickshaw or auto - traffic's pure mayhem in Benaras), spend the night, and leave for CCU the next morning.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I agree. Don't even think of using your CC at most of these pumps. Fine to use it at Mathura, they are a company-owned outfit.

I'd suggest you push till Allahabad the first day (about 590 km - 10-11 hours max), go into the city and stay overnight, as well as fuel up. The next day will be a comfortable drive down to Benaras (135 km), and you can have the whole day there - apart from the puja, you can go around the city as well as Sarnath (again, here, I'd suggest you park your bike and take a rickshaw or auto - traffic's pure mayhem in Benaras), spend the night, and leave for CCU the next morning.

Riding 590km in the first place is OK but there is a very big attraction waiting for on the way. The thing is 2 Dec is full moon, and I have heard that on a full moon night, Taj looks totally different. Just waiting for a cofirmation from ASI. And moreover, on the last week of Nov, I will be there in Delhi - so will meet and freeze the hault points.

regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:47   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...on the last week of Nov, I will be there in Delhi - so will meet and freeze the hault points.
Stopping at Agra the first night is a good idea, esp. on a full moon night! Second night at Allahabad is then more easily doable.

Will look forward to meeting you at Delhi.
Old 6th November 2009, 18:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Just quickly glanced at this thread as you suggested

All the best for the trip !!

And hope to see you end of the month in Agra !! God Speed.
Old 6th November 2009, 19:08   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Just quickly glanced at this thread as you suggested

All the best for the trip !!

And hope to see you end of the month in Agra !! God Speed.

Surely kocharji, we are going to meet on 30th. I will call you as soon as I reach Agra...
Old 6th November 2009, 19:22   #85
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely Milind

And remember to inform me a day or two before you leave and plan to come.

By the way It's only you who is doing this trip alone ?
Old 6th November 2009, 19:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Absolutely Milind

And remember to inform me a day or two before you leave and plan to come.

By the way It's only you who is doing this trip alone ?
Yes sir. I will be riding alone. Most probably, a friend of mine will also drive with me till Agra(just to see the Taj at Night...) and will return to Delhi next day. So, from Agra it will be all alone.

But definately, my fellow bhpians are there all along the route....
Old 6th November 2009, 19:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

Yes we are there my friend.

In fact the Agra - Kanpur & Lucknow route is awesome and can be done easily on a bike.

I do not know further BUT I am sure it's quit OK.

Just avoid Night driving See you soon !
Old 7th November 2009, 17:18   #88
BHPian

"milindajp" Official Hi from Allahabad, I am all there to cover you at Allahabad.
PM me in case you need arrangements in Allahabad and varanasi, I don't mind doing this for a fellow BHPian.

And when you come to Allahabad, we should certainly meet, if you wish you can visit a few place like Sangam and other parts in Allahabad with me.

sending more details on PM
Old 7th November 2009, 17:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
"milindajp" Official Hi from Allahabad, I am all there to cover you at Allahabad.
PM me in case you need arrangements in Allahabad and varanasi, I don't mind doing this for a fellow BHPian.

And when you come to Allahabad, we should certainly meet, if you wish you can visit a few place like Sangam and other parts in Allahabad with me.

sending more details on PM
Thank you sir. Much appreciated. I will surely call you once in Allahabad.

Regards
Old 13th November 2009, 07:15   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

Do anyone of you have a RD350 owner's hand book? Can I have a copy please? I downloaded one from the web, but there are a lot of pages missing.

Please drop me a line if you know any link for downloading the complete Owner's Hand Book.

I would also like to request RD350 owners to shed some light on Spark Plug issue. Which will be the best one to use for long drive? Please do drop some technical suggestions regarding long drives ON RD350

Regards
Hi,
I'm sure you have got the owners manual by now. When in Cal, you can photocopy my service manual. Missing the electrical section though.

Re: sparkplugs (or any engine related technical matter) go by your tuner/ restorers advice.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks