Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:56   #46
BHPian

road condition of bagalur road to hosur

I wanted to check if I can goto hosur from sarjapur road through bagalur. Heard it can avoid traffic. But does anyone know of the road condition. I have to leave today at 6pm so wanted to know which route is better, the usual hosur road or via bagalur. I am headed to Salem from sarjapur road
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:28   #47
BHPian

Re: road condition of bagalur road to hosur

The roads are very good except at Sarjapur town and at the Bagalur town for about 500 mtrs each. You will encounter traffic inside Sarjapur and Bagalur towns around their respective bus stands.

You may avoid Hosur town altogether and reach Shoolagiri directly if you go via the Berigai route. There are mildly broken roads enroute but will be much better than ploughing through the traffic inside Hosur town.

Route map to go via Berigai: http://goo.gl/maps/4O5m9
Kairalee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:13   #48
BHPian

The Sarjapur Bagalur Hosur stretch is a peaceful stretch to drive.
You can very well avoid Peak Hour Bangalore Traffic, EC Traffic, Attibele toll and all the Hosur Construction/road widening madness.
I have been taking this road for the past few times.
The only problem is crossing Sarjapur. I assume since you have mentioned Sarjapur Road, you would be avoiding the Varthur and Gunjur stretches.
There would be a lot of tipper trucks fully (and beyond) loaded gravel for construction and some uneven stretches near Sarjapur circle.
Also post the Sarjapur bus station till the Y junction(Chikka Tirupathi/Bagalur turn off) there is a narrow road and traffic will be both sides. Crossing that around peak time might be challenging.
Once you cross that its a beautiful and winding roads to drive on till Hosur.
Drive Safe !
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:30   #49
BHPian

In addition to what everyone has said;

I would take sarjapur - bagalur stretch only if,

1) I live on and after Wipro corporate office on Sarjapur Road
2) I have a credible information that traffic in hosur road is heavy or there is any blockages or a heavy rush in attibelle toll. Check google map before starting.

Otherwise - hosur road is a breeze, considering;

1) Elevated road takes care the major pain of crossing various junctions between silk board and E-city.
2) When I came back on last Sunday from Chennai - all the fly overs were functional before, in and after hosur - which makes is pretty easy to take care of hosur traffic due to construction/ junctions.

My suggestion would be to take the Hosa/ Jail road from sarjapur road, join hosur road after bosch. From there it should be easy to get going.
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:11   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden123 View Post
I wanted to check if I can goto hosur from sarjapur road through bagalur road
Took this road today evening. You still have to take road through the town. The bye-pass road is still closed. From the looks of it, will take few months atleast.
Still better than NH7.
Old 27th January 2015, 22:58   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road

^^ Uploading images of the road condition -

Bye-pass road under repair -

Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road-img_20150123_174323999.jpg

The bye-lane through Sarjapur town -

Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road-img_20150123_174253902.jpg

Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road-img_20150123_174229617.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 14:58   #52
BHPian

Been doing the daily commute from HOsur to Whitefield and back each working day last 5 years. Hosur - Bagalur - Sarjapur - Varthur - Whitefield is the daily route.

This is a very reliable route and is always done in around 1 hr 15 mins. Best case would be in an hour, worst case would be 1hr 30 mins, not more, depending on traffic jams a Varthur and Whitefield Borewell road. It takes 45 mins from home in Hosur to Varthur, and the rest of the time is taken to cross Varthur and Borewell road alone.

Sarjapur has always been a mess, and usually takes 5-10 mins to cross. Sometimes the small road inside the town can choke due to a bus or truck, but usually clears within 10 mins.

Past Sarjapur towards Bagalur-Hosur is a breeze and enjoyable drive.

I always find the Attibele route time consuming due to truck traffic on NH7 and the toll booth, even though this route is 5 kms less than the Bagalur route.
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 13:02   #53
BHPian

Guys,

Has anybody taken the Sarjapur-Bagalur-Berigai route to Shoolagiri recently? How are the road conditions? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hart-Beat
Old 1st July 2015, 13:21   #54
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart-BEAT View Post
Has anybody taken the Sarjapur-Bagalur-Berigai route to Shoolagiri recently? How are the road conditions? Please let me know.
You may be better off going to Hosur on NH207 from Sarjapur and then taking the NH 7 to Shoolagiri. This thread may have more updates - here

Last edited by NPV : 1st July 2015 at 13:24.
Old 1st July 2015, 14:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart-BEAT View Post
Bagalur-Berigai-Shoolagiri road is in good condition. Berigai-Shoolagiri is kind of desolate and better avoided after dark.
Old 20th November 2023, 02:24   #56
BHPian

Reviving this thread through my query. I've recently taken the route and the traffic is absolutely maddening just after the Varthur lake. The road shrinks from four lane to a narrow two lane road just after Varthur lake while traveling from Whitefield. It takes 20 mins just to cross Varthur. I've heard that the road is being widened into 4-lanes all the way till Sarjapur. Is this true? Any more info about this project would be helpful since I'm planning to move to Varthur.

Last edited by i10_sanjay : 20th November 2023 at 02:27. Reason: Added some more info
Old 20th November 2023, 05:53   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10_sanjay View Post
Reviving this thread through my query. I've recently taken the route and the traffic is absolutely maddening just after the Varthur lake. The road shrinks from four lane to a narrow two lane road just after Varthur lake while traveling from Whitefield. It takes 20 mins just to cross Varthur. I've heard that the road is being widened into 4-lanes all the way till Sarjapur. Is this true? Any more info about this project would be helpful since I'm planning to move to Varthur.
The problem here is, Gunjur was not what it is today. And that has caused all the mayhem on the SH35. Earlier it was only a transitional traffic pain. In other words pain for only travellers only crossing Varthur. Today it's not just that but many-many people who have moved to apartments in Gunjur. So it's a double whammy for traffic.

I think there was a flyover planned. But I dont what's the story on that.
Old 20th November 2023, 07:52   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10_sanjay View Post
From a little past Varthur town, the road is already 4 lane all the way to Sarjapur. Recently 4 laning work from Sarjapur to Attibelle is also done. Dommasandra jn is a little bit of a mess due to the flyover work( which seems to be abandoned now). So if you get past Varthur, it is decent run up to Attibelle currently. On the other side Sarjapur town continues to be jam prone. Once you get past, Sarjapur Bagalur Hosur or Sarjapur Nallur Hosur are both in great condition. But again, Bagalur town gets jammed and the exit at Hosur also sees heavy traffic. There is also a lot of construction that is continuing to happen along this stretch and the 4 lane itself is barely sufficient today.

While all that can be managed, the situation at Varthur is a nightmare and will only get worse before it gets any better. There is a plan for a flyover at Varthur but it seems stuck in land acquisition itself. I guess it will happen some time in the future. In addition there is a massive residential and commercial complex from Brigade coming up right at the entry to Varthur from Sarjapur side and there is a new Prestige coming up at the other end of Varthur towards Whitefield side. So it is safe to assume that the nightmare at Varthur will just continue to get worse. Also I see no plans for the Forum/Nexus mall to Hope Farm stretch.

The only hope for things to get better currently is the STTR. Once the Hoskote to Hosur stretch is done, truck traffic towards Hoskote, Devanahalli doddaballapur and dabspete/tumkur will take that and maybe decongest the Sarjapur Whitefield Hoskote stretch a bit.

Depending on where you are moving to in Varthur and where your regular commute is to, you can gauge the traffic chaos that you will hit..

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th November 2023 at 07:54.

Most Viewed