Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 15:34   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Well being in Coorg right now I can say that it has been raining very heavily. We did not have power since the past 36hrs. Except for talacauvery, all other places of sightseeing can be visited. It is just mist,fog and chilly winds at the moment as I type this message. However if you want to go rafting,trekking or just want to spend some lazy time with ur family/friends in the cottage then it is the best time to come. We have a few bookings at our homestay despite the rains and people dont seem to be complaining too much.
So it should be fine then if we are careful.
Why not, the monsoon in the western ghats should be a treat.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
So it should be fine then if we are careful.
Why not, the monsoon in the western ghats should be a treat.

Hey Zaks,

Me with 3 of my friends are planning to go to Coorg this weekend. Planning for rafting and trekking and driving around a bit in the rain.

We are planning to saturday and sunday.

When are you guys planning for rafting and which one you are planning for - Barapole river or Dubare?.

Hope to meet you somewher in coorg....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
As vvvinod rightly mentioned it is the right time if you love rain and enjoy driving in rain. I don't think they are allowing rafting in Dubare this week.
Hemanth, any idea where rafting happens in Barapole river?.. And how far is that place from Sunticoppa?

I had checked with the group that organizes rafting in Barapole(Southern River Adventures) and they said they organize rafting at this time also.

And Dubare is easy compared to Barapole. So rafting should be happening in Dubare also.

Regards,
Arun

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th July 2009 at 16:15. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th July 2009, 16:44   #18
BANNED

Arun,
We are planning to leave on Saturday early morning and reach there by noon and do the rafting at Barapole the same day after checking in to the hotel. We have inquired about the rafting and they said that it is being done right now as the water level is still 2ft below danger mark. So we might happen to meet there.
Where are you people starting from?
Old 16th July 2009, 16:58   #19
BHPian

Hey just check it once again. Times of India, thursday 16th July has the front page picture of submerged road in Bhagamandala in Kodagu district and things aren't looking good there.

drive safe,

Sunil
Old 16th July 2009, 16:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Arun,
We are planning to leave on Saturday early morning and reach there by noon and do the rafting at Barapole the same day after checking in to the hotel. We have inquired about the rafting and they said that it is being done right now as the water level is still 2ft below danger mark. So we might happen to meet there.
Where are you people starting from?
We are starting form Old Airport road(Near Pizza Hut). Got a friend in Sunticoppa. So staying at his place.

Our timings for rafting are not yet fixed... May be second batch in the morning or first batch in the afternoon.

Where are you guys starting from?
Old 16th July 2009, 17:32   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.nv View Post
Hey just check it once again. Times of India, thursday 16th July has the front page picture of submerged road in Bhagamandala in Kodagu district and things aren't looking good there.

drive safe,

Sunil
That is true but that is north coorg and south coorg is not affected much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
We are starting form Old Airport road(Near Pizza Hut). Got a friend in Sunticoppa. So staying at his place.

Our timings for rafting are not yet fixed... May be second batch in the morning or first batch in the afternoon.

Where are you guys starting from?
We are starting from devegowda petrol bunk which is close to mysore road.
Old 16th July 2009, 22:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
That is true but that is north coorg and south coorg is not affected much.

We are starting from devegowda petrol bunk which is close to mysore road.
Where are you staying? Meet up if you get time. Same goes to Arun too.
Old 16th July 2009, 22:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Where are you staying? Meet up if you get time. Same goes to Arun too.
hey that would be nice.... will give you a cal on saturday morning.... Please PM your contact number.
Old 17th July 2009, 08:26   #24
BANNED

Hi prince,
Do you have any more updates on the weather there? Is it constantly raining which will make us stay indoors? Can we do the rafting without any problems?

BTW where is your home stay? Is it close to Barapole rafting spot?
Old 17th July 2009, 10:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi prince,
Do you have any more updates on the weather there? Is it constantly raining which will make us stay indoors? Can we do the rafting without any problems?

Zaks, today morning i talked to the guys who organize rafting and they didnt say about any problem there.

Wher are you guys planning to stay? We will be staying in Sunticoppa.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hi prince,

HI Zaks, the rains seem to have subsided a bit since yesterday. It is raining but not even 10% as heavily as it was for the past few days. Rafting should not be a problem.

Our estate is close to madikeri town. Barapole is down south. You can also go rafting at Dubare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Zaks, today morning i talked to the guys who organize rafting and they didnt say about any problem there.

Wher are you guys planning to stay? We will be staying in Sunticoppa.
If both of you are planning to come to madikeri then call me. My no is 9481058336. Shout out if you need any help.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Even we are planning for Coorg (next week though) but people are being hesitant after seeing the reports. So Princezahed, what is the ground story now? Is it still raining and no electricity at all? Is the rain is continuous (I mean for whole day without any breaks kind). Please let us know. And you guys who are traveling this weekend please do update after you are back.
Old 18th July 2009, 17:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Even we are planning for Coorg (next week though) but people are being hesitant after seeing the reports. So Princezahed, what is the ground story now? Is it still raining and no electricity at all? Is the rain is continuous (I mean for whole day without any breaks kind). Please let us know. And you guys who are traveling this weekend please do update after you are back.
Hi Kaushik. The rains have slowed down a bit and the flood situation is soon receding. There is no problem with electricity now. It rains havily for about an hour and then stops and then again rains after few hours, not continuous rains. I can safely say that you should go ahead with your trip next week. Its an awesome sight. The entire place is covered in fog as i type this message.
Old 18th July 2009, 17:56   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Princezahed, Any idea of what's the rain situation around Polibetta and surrounding areas? Is it raining there or not as much as in other parts of Coorg?
Old 19th July 2009, 08:06   #30
BHPian

Coorg in the monsoon season is great, but be very, very careful if you are going to do any trekking or even walking in forest areas-LEECH'S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks