Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 10:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Princezahed, Any idea of what's the rain situation around Polibetta and surrounding areas? Is it raining there or not as much as in other parts of Coorg?
Hi Khan,
As per TV9 news the Kabini is over flooded and many of the roads around mysore is closed. Do a check.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

In rainy season only issue I see between Kushalnagar - Madikeri, Madikeri-Bhagmandala-Talkaveri, Madikeri-Sulya, Madikeri-Katta areas. Chances of river flowing over bridge, landslide are more.

Bridge in Mysore to Nanjanagudu is collapsed so traffic is diverted via alternate routes from last couple of days.

Since last 30 hours there is less rain but rain will catch up in 24 hours and its expected to continue next 5 days.

I feel August 1st and 2nd week are best time to visit water falls and hill stations since water is expected to release in most of the reservoirs in 10 days time also rain will come down by that time unless there is heavy formation of clouds and rain GOD continues

This time speciality is: in less amount of time heavy rain formula! Courtesy: Frequent Eclipse! which shows inconsistency in nature which is not good symptom.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:04   #33
BHPian

We came back yesterday evening after the coorg trip. It was not raining heavily and could do rafting in Barapole river after waiting for 1 hour and it was real fun because of the heavy flow.

Heard that rafting is not allowed in Dubare as the water level is above danger level.

Will upload the photos in 2 days....

@Princezahed: Didnt see your post as i left early from bangalore.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:51   #34
BHPian

The rains have slowed down a bit and normalcy is returning here.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great, so how is it now? Is it ok to travel, say this or next weekend?
Old 24th July 2009, 00:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Great, so how is it now? Is it ok to travel, say this or next weekend?
Today there was a lot of sunshine in madikeri. The rains have slowed down a bit. It should be ok to travel this weekend. Let me know if you decide to travel and need any help.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man. I'll tell my friends about it. Hope we will make this trip to Coorg this time. Can you please PM me your phone no?
Old 24th July 2009, 15:34   #38
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Today there was a lot of sunshine in madikeri. The rains have slowed down a bit. It should be ok to travel this weekend. Let me know if you decide to travel and need any help.
princezahed,

I was planning one for this weekend, but some sudden work cropped up, plus also think that it will be better to drive next week as the rains would have subsided and the waters receeded.

What's the best route to take considering that the bridge has collapsed from Mysore to Nanjagud?

Thanks,
gpa
Old 24th July 2009, 16:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
princezahed,

I was planning one for this weekend, but some sudden work cropped up, plus also think that it will be better to drive next week as the rains would have subsided and the waters receeded.

What's the best route to take considering that the bridge has collapsed from Mysore to Nanjagud?

Thanks,
gpa
@gpa, where exactly are you planning to go? You don't need to go towards Nanjangud to go to Coorg

or
have I misinterpreted the question?
Old 24th July 2009, 23:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man. I'll tell my friends about it. Hope we will make this trip to Coorg this time. Can you please PM me your phone no?
Sent you a PM. Check it. We had a nice bit of sunshine today.

Quote:
princezahed,

Thanks,
gpa
The rains have subsided. No rains here since 5days. And why do you need to go towards Nanjangud if your travelling to Coorg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
@gpa, where exactly are you planning to go? You don't need to go towards Nanjangud to go to Coorg

or
have I misinterpreted the question?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 25th July 2009, 00:43   #41
BHPian

Hello, can any1 help with the traveling distances and time from the below mentioned places to coorg ?

Tirupati -

Bangalore -

Mysore -
Old 25th July 2009, 11:14   #42
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No rains here since 5days. And why do you need to go towards Nanjangud if your travelling to Coorg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
A pal wants to go down to Najangud. The reason, even I do not know. So I planned a trip to Coorg as well. Thanks for your inputs guys. Good to know the rains have subsided. The trip for next week is looking set.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 25th July 2009, 23:08   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horizon View Post
Hello, can any1 help with the traveling distances and time from the below mentioned places to coorg ?

Tirupati -

Bangalore -

Mysore -
I dont know the distance to Coorg from Tirupati, but from Bangalore its about 265kms and takes about 5-6hrs to travel whereas from Mysore it is 120kms and take under 3hrs.

Quote:
A pal wants to go down to Najangud. The reason, even I do not know. So I planned a trip to Coorg as well. Thanks for your inputs guys. Good to know the rains have subsided. The trip for next week is looking set.

Cheers,
gpa
Just pray that the rains dont decide to visit us again when you drop by
Old 27th July 2009, 13:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sent you a PM. Check it. We had a nice bit of sunshine today.
Haven't got your PM :-( . Anyway I'm back from the trip. Loved the weather actually, mostly cloudy with slight drizzles.
Old 27th July 2009, 23:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't got your PM :-( . Anyway I'm back from the trip. Loved the weather actually, mostly cloudy with slight drizzles.
Oh. I had typed the message but while it was being sent the net got disconnected and I assumed it to have been sent. Anyways am glad that you had a nice trip. Post a log.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks