Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 15:04   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Bhopal, Road trip

Hello every one,
Iam planning my trip to Bhopal in August, Will it be possible for me to do the trip in one day? need help on the routes, roads, expenses & some tips.

I have been succesful in hyderabad-Mahabaleshwar trip with ur help, so i have done the trip twice. I would need same kind of support.

Thanks in advance
Old 20th July 2009, 00:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Possible, if you are a fast driver.
The route is Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Betul-Itrasi-Obaidullahganj-Bhopal.
Provide for 6-8 hours for the drive from Hyderbad to Nagpur and equivalent time from Nagpur to Bhopal.
Roads were good till 1 month ago, may have cracked up a bit in MP after the rains.
Ideally, leave H'bad early in the morning, cross Nagpur after lunch time and reach Bhopal by late evening.
Old 20th July 2009, 01:12   #3
BHPian

Totally agree with hv. Did the route a year back. If you are looking up in a road atlas, it's NH 7 till Nagpur and NH 69 to Bhopal. NH 7 is 4 laned till past Ramayampet so the trip from Hyd to Nagpur should be pretty comfortable. After that, the road condition was fine but the roads were narrow and one also crosses a few smallish hill ranges. I took about 8 hours from Bhopal to Nagpur in an Indigo where I was trying to keep my speeds in the region of 70-90 wherever possible. So probably, it might be a bit difficult to make it in one day from Hyd to Bhopal.

I found very few decent places to eat in-between Nagpur and Bhopal, so, I guess you need to stock up!!

Will be going from Bidar to Nagpur in the next two weeks, so will update you about the road from Hyd to Nagpur!! All the best.
Old 20th July 2009, 09:43   #4
BHPian

If I am not wrong it is around 1100km from Hyd to Bpl. I have done a trip to Bpl around 2 yrs back in my M800. I started at 6 in the morning to reach Ngp at 2:30. Took a break in Ngp(at my relatives places) and started next day morning at 8 AM.
There is lot of bad patches between Nagpur and Betul (not sure the condition now) but once you crosses Betul you can literally fly. I reached Bhopal by 4PM.
This is my exp. I think if you want to do it one shot, start early. All the Best
Old 20th July 2009, 10:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
There is lot of bad patches between Nagpur and Betul (not sure the condition now) but once you crosses Betul you can literally fly. I reached Bhopal by 4PM.
This is my exp. I think if you want to do it one shot, start early. All the Best
Noe that stretch is also very good.
Lot of 4-lane work on NH7 is complete in MH also after you cross over from AP.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:55   #6
BHPian

Joshua, you might also want to check with Hyd TBHPian downsouth. He did a trip to Pench and Kanha in his Linea not too far back. Here is the linky to his travelogue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ea-petrol.html
Old 24th July 2009, 08:30   #7
BHPian

I did this trip just few days back and you can find my post here
Roads are excellent all throughout till Bhopal except for a 50-75 km stretch before reaching Nagpur where i assume the road work is about to start and that stretch is pretty bad will take almost 2-3 hours to cross over, rest all road is a breeze and i was surprised to see MP roads better than Maharashtra roads
I covered the whole distance from Hyd to Bhopal in 17 hours in my Hyundai Elantra with 3 breaks of half an hour each
Old 24th July 2009, 11:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is a heartening news to me, since I've been planning a South India trip for long. Due to bad roads I never even looked at MP, though this would've been shorter.

I was planning to go via Mumbai, as & when the itinerary finalises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
i was surprised to see MP roads better than Maharashtra roads
Old 24th July 2009, 12:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Try the Bhopal route at least one way.

But Adilabad-Nagpur road is in a bad shape.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:43   #10
BHPian

Check my post in a similar thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1399343-post6.html
Old 27th July 2009, 16:19   #11
BHPian

ok so you all suggest 2 day drive rater than 1 day.
Old 28th July 2009, 07:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
ok so you all suggest 2 day drive rater than 1 day.
Yes two day trip is my advice
Since if you plan a three day trip, you gotta find one more place to stay, if you plan to stay at Nagpur, that is hardly any distance from Hyderabad
If you stay at Nagpur then staying at Bhopal will not make sense since that distance is also hardly 7-8 hrs drive. Now if you plan to stay at Gwalior, then from there Delhi is hardly any distance with 4 lane road all throughout till Delhi from Gwalior. So the best option is to stay at Bhopal and then continue to Delhi next day
Old 5th August 2009, 22:28   #13
BHPian

Just did Hyd'bad to Nagpur. It took me 7 hrs. You can check out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1418094 for the details.

If you leave early in the morning, then probably, you will be able to make it to Bhopal by around 2000hrs. But the rpad from Nagpur to Bhopal is quite narrow in places, even though the road condition may be good. So it is likely to be a very tiring drive. 2 days seems to be a better idea!
Old 8th August 2009, 00:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Joshua, did you complete the run? I'm doing the same run in Sep but for me it will HAVE to be in one day as I don't have the leeway of time.

Could you elaborate the route conditions please

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 8th August 2009 at 00:06.
Old 17th August 2009, 06:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Joshua, did you complete the run? I'm doing the same run in Sep but for me it will HAVE to be in one day as I don't have the leeway of time.

Could you elaborate the route conditions please

Cheers
iam not yet done with th run, planning for the last wekend of this month, will let you know about the road conditions & pictures as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks