Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 12:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route to T.Narasipura via Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
I am not aware of Mandya Bannur route, but I think instead of taking Mysore road till Mandya, you can take Maddur - Malavalli - Bannur route, which could be around 20km more but road is good.
Have they repaired the Maddur-Malavalli stretch ? All reports we've seen here in the past year or so indicate that Kanakapura-Malavalli is a much better option of getting to Malavalli because of the bad condition that the Maddur-Malavalli road was in. So have things changed now ?
Old 17th October 2011, 13:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Have they repaired the Maddur-Malavalli stretch ? All reports we've seen here in the past year or so indicate that Kanakapura-Malavalli is a much better option of getting to Malavalli because of the bad condition that the Maddur-Malavalli road was in. So have things changed now ?
I was just looking at an option to travel on Mysore (for food and other requirements) and then break
from it at Mandya to hit Bannur and Nanjangud. This way, one can bypass Mysore totally on the way
to Ooty/Waynad etc. Instead of Maddur-Malavali, as you said Nh209 is a much better option.
But then it defeats the purpose of wanting to take the Mysore road.

Also Maddur-Malavali may not be preferable just because one would like to travel more on the 4L
and latch on Nanjangud-Gundlupet road as early as possible.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
I had travelled to Kollegal via Maddur-Malavalli 2 months back. Road is not in best of the condition but its not worst aswell. Some pot holes are there but you can definitely maintain 50 to 60 km/h on an average. It had taken me 25 to 30 min to reach Malavalli from Maddur.
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
I traveled in this road about an year and found it to be decent. Single lane roads and very scenic paddy fields all around. Roads near Suttur suddenly become wider and better. Was definitely doable.

Prasad
Unexpectedly I traveled in Nanjangud-T.Narasipur road, albeit in a KSRTC bus and thought of posting an update as the roads have gone pretty bad. The first 16-18 kms from Nanjangud has too many potholes that even the bus was struggling. It becomes better for the last 12-13kms. Its still doable and I recommend this route *only* if someone has to travel b/w these towns and definitely not as an alternate route to bypass Mysore. But the entire stretch of the road has lush green paddy fields.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 18:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unexpectedly I traveled in Nanjangud-T.Narasipur road, albeit in a KSRTC bus and thought of posting an update as the roads have gone pretty bad. The first 16-18 kms from Nanjangud has too many potholes that even the bus was struggling. It becomes better for the last 12-13kms. Its still doable and I recommend this route *only* if someone has to travel b/w these towns and definitely not as an alternate route to bypass Mysore. But the entire stretch of the road has lush green paddy fields.
Thanks, Prasad - but the warning came a couple of days too late. I tried out that route on Saturday morning on my way to Wayanad and it was terrible :( The first 8 kms or so from T.Narsipura towards Nanjangud is in excellent condition and the bad roads for the next 18 kms comes as a real shocker.

Even the Malavalli-Bannur section had some potholes - especially when nearing Bannur. Also road signs on the Bannur-T Narsipura section is pretty bad, you don't find even a single board mentioning that this road actually goes to T.Narsipura, so after a while I started getting really worried if I missed some turning that I had to take in order to get to T.Narsipura ! (Even the signboard at the start of the road says Somnathpura/Talacad, and after the Somnathpura turnoff you have signboards only for Talacaud).
Old 12th June 2012, 15:37   #21
BHPian

I am planning a trip to T Narasipura and then to Nanjanagud temple this weekend. Does anyone aware of the latest condition of the road between T Narasipura and Nanjanagud.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning a trip to T Narasipura and then to Nanjanagud temple this weekend. Does anyone aware of the latest condition of the road between T Narasipura and Nanjanagud.
Did this trip last weekend and I should say the road condition between T Narasipura and Nanjanagud has improved a lot. For about 10km the road surface is now repaired and levelled but not yet asphalted. I could easily maintain 60 to 80kmph and cover 24 kms in 25 minutes. Definitely worth taking this route to bypass Mysore now.

While coming back to Bangalore took Nanjangud to Mysore. My patience was tested to the maximum with slow moving lorries and cabs on a two lane road with no opportunity to overtake. Took 30+ minutes to reach Mysore.
Old 27th June 2012, 11:14   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did this trip last weekend and I should say the road condition between T Narasipura and Nanjanagud has improved a lot. For about 10km the road surface is now repaired and levelled but not yet asphalted. I could easily maintain 60 to 80kmph and cover 24 kms in 25 minutes. Definitely worth taking this route to bypass Mysore now.
How do you reach T-Nararasipura from NH209 ? Do you take the SH via Bannur-Malavalli ?
Or is there a better option? (Go Via Talakadu?)

Last edited by ampere : 27th June 2012 at 11:25.
Old 27th June 2012, 11:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How do you reach T-Nararasipura from NH209 ? Do you take the SH via Bannur-Malavalli SH? Or is there a better option?
@Ampere, you are correct. Reaching T Narasipura is a breeze, took NICE road entrence at Gottigere, exit at Kanakapura Road to join NH 209. Continued on to NH 209 till Malavalli and then take SH to reach Bannur. Inside Bannur take left at Bannur Santemala to reach T Narasipura. Good roads all the way, except a couple of bad patches or around 50m between Bannur and T Narasipura. Watch out for busses and lorries while crossing the two briges near T Narasipura, these bridges are very narrow.

Via Talakadu would be little longer and not worth the effort as the SH between Malavalli and Bannur is in excellent shape and absolutely devoid of traffic. Its fun to drive on this road.

Last edited by kadurRacer : 27th June 2012 at 11:31. Reason: Quoted text was modified by author
kadurRacer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 22:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

Any recent updates on the Maddur-Malavalli stretch?
Last I heard it was decent with odd potholes. (about 3-4 months back).

Any idea how is it as of today?
Old 16th August 2012, 04:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Any recent updates on the Maddur-Malavalli stretch?
Last I heard it was decent with odd potholes. (about 3-4 months back).

Any idea how is it as of today?
I traveled on that road a 3-4 weeks ago. It does have potholes and they have not been patched up. Its not comparable to NH209 and even worse that Bannur-Malavalli stretch.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 15:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

I also travelled on Maddur-Malavalli stretch 2 weeks ago, I was able to cover the 28km stretch in about 35 minutes but becoz it was late in the night and I had never driven on this road before I had a few close shaves, but in morning it should be fine with good visibility. But the road from NH209 is a better option as it is in very good shape for most of the part now .
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 18:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I also travelled on Maddur-Malavalli stretch 2 weeks ago, I was able to cover the 28km stretch in about 35 minutes but becoz it was late in the night and I had never driven on this road before I had a few close shaves, but in morning it should be fine with good visibility. But the road from NH209 is a better option as it is in very good shape for most of the part now .
Thanks. That provides a good measure of the road. The only reason to take this section, is if one wants to break for food. So if one can quickly traverse this section, he can be back on the good roads again.
Old 16th August 2012, 22:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That provides a good measure of the road. The only reason to take this section, is if one wants to break for food. So if one can quickly traverse this section, he can be back on the good roads again.
This is a rank bad idea and I found it the hard way. I took Mysore-Maddur and stopped at Amaravati just after Mandya and then went to Malavalli. Didn't gain much in terms of time. Mysore-Maddur drive was also bad because it was a Sunday evening.

Lesson learnt: No half way measures. Its either the 4-lane highway if food is important (for the trip that is) or the Malavalli-Bannur route if one wants a peaceful drive on an undivided road.

Prasad
Old 16th August 2012, 22:29   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a rank bad idea and I found it the hard way. I took Mysore-Maddur and stopped at Amaravati just after Mandya and then went to Malavalli. Didn't gain much in terms of time. Mysore-Maddur drive was also bad because it was a Sunday evening.
Totally agree, I was looking at this route only because, one needs a good food break point and then visit places south of NH209.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks