Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 15:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Princezahed

I did go to Caravan and found the place to be best among all the hotels in this stretch(Mysore-madikeri)

Service is very fast, food is decent and price is very reasonable.

For those who want to try it out, this place is after kushalnagar bus stand and on left side(Driving from Mysore) just keep your eye on the sign boards after bus stand and you cant miss it. (has some skei ice cream advertisement i guess)
Old 31st August 2009, 19:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well the hotel which all are talking about in hunsur is alot over hyped. The drive in is the only reason the place is still running.
East end has nice Kheema dosa Princezahed. Its available in the evenings. Have never tried caravan though
Old 16th August 2010, 11:51   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Breakfast places after Srirangapatna

Hi Guys,
Are there any decent breakfast places with neat restrooms after srirangapatna and around Hunsur?
Either the ranganathittu route or Mysore ring round route is fine with me. I remember seeing a couple of restaurants at the turn-off towards KRS during my mysore trip. Any feedback on those?

Most posts here suggest having food at Srirangapatna..but want ot know if anything has changed in the last 1 year.
Old 16th August 2010, 13:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

There is a CCD at Hunsur on the SH.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is a CCD at Hunsur on the SH.
It is not a CCD at Hunsur. It is similar to CCD but is called Coorg Coffee Day. The place is decent enough for food. I have just had veg meals there once. The CCD is at kampalapura, just before piriyapatna.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:17   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
It is not a CCD at Hunsur. It is similar to CCD but is called Coorg Coffee Day. The place is decent enough for food. I have just had veg meals there once. The CCD is at kampalapura, just before piriyapatna.
I was refrring to the following post. I thought it was a CCD.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1754959
Old 16th August 2010, 15:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was refrring to the following post. I thought it was a CCD.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1754959

Both are correct ! There is a Cafe Coorg, in Hunsur, just after you cross the diversion which takes you to Hunsur ( on the way from Mysore to Madikeri)
The diversion says Hunsur 2kms. Just after you cross this, you will see this Cafe Coorg on your left. It is modeled on CCD but they serve food. You can't miss it in the night as its the only place which is lighted quite well.

And there is an actual CCD a little further ( 20 kms from this place I guess, not sure about the exact distance) on this road towards Madikeri before Kushalnagar.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:02   #23
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks folks.Either of the them looks fine.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

I had stopped for a bite to eat on my way back from Kabini, this place is in Hunsur, not on the byepass, but on the road into town, it is on the left side before the bus stand, adjacent to it is a crowded bar, unfortunately I forget the name of this place, it is a vegetarian joint serving decent dosas and coffee.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:41   #25
BHPian

Re: Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?

This August 15th weekend, we went to Madikeri. And Cafe Coorg offered good breakfast. They serve Idli Vada, Dosa, masala Dosa etc for breakfast. And I think you can get Dosa almost all time you go there. Their restrooms are descently neat. Dosa costs just 30Rs and it is good. There is a small tea shop on the right of Cafe Coorg, where you get awesome Coffee. If you dont want to drink 90Rs Coffee from Coorg, you can taste a better one at Rs 5 from the neighbour.
Old 26th October 2013, 14:30   #26
BHPian

Planning a trip to Coorg in Nov. Planning to start at 6AM from Bangalore. Will Café Coorg, Hunsur be too late to have BF? What other options do we have. Srirangapatna? - If yes, Which are the best restaurants at this place

Will definitely try Caravan in Madekeri. What other options do we have for lunch in and around Madikeri. we will be staying for 3 days
Old 26th October 2013, 16:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
Planning a trip to Coorg in Nov. Planning to start at 6AM from Bangalore. Will Café Coorg, Hunsur be too late to have BF? What other options do we have. Srirangapatna? - If yes, Which are the best restaurants at this place

Will definitely try Caravan in Madekeri. What other options do we have for lunch in and around Madikeri. we will be staying for 3 days
If you start at 6 AM from Blr and assuming you'll take the usual SH-17 Blr-Mys road, you can find almost all eateries open on the stretch after 6:30 or 7:00 AM. On your way to Mysore, you can stop at Kamath( there are multiple) / CCD(again, many) / McDonalds. You can have breakfast at Mysore too. Cafe Coorg at Hunsur should be open esp on weekends (I have been there at 10:00 AM for breakfast). There's a CCD too after you cross Cafe Coorg at Hunsur. There are many food options in Madikeri like Coorg Cuisinette, Hotel Rajdarshan etc. Most of them around bus stand and near Raja's seat. Once we reached Madikeri very late (around 3:30 PM) and all hotels stopped lunch service. Finally we found East End hotel which was still open for lunch. Hope this helps.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 19:30   #28
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you're taking the SH17 Blr-Mysore road, it's like a food court with so many options
We usually stop at Adigas which is near Maddur (Somanahalli). It's on the right side and there is a break in the median in front of the hotel where you can turn.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 19:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
We usually stop at Adigas which is near Maddur (Somanahalli). It's on the right side and there is a break in the median in front of the hotel where you can turn.
Bang opposite to Adigas is Thimmadas, which is better & VFM (breakfast & lunch) compared to other outlets.
msdivy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 21:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Also forgot to mention another good eatery between Mysore & Madikeri. Its in Kushalnagar (after you cross Golden temple), bang opposite to the entrance of Nisargadhama (on the right side of the road to Madikeri). Nisargadhama has a small food court too , but choices are limited in this food court (veg only). This new joint is 2 storied ; the ground floor serves breakfast, snacks and juices. Upper floor serves lunch/dinner. If you are there during lunch, don't forget to taste mutton biryani / kerala style biryani. The only downside is, if the restro is crowded, it'll take around 20 mins for them to serve you. Ample parking space is there. I have shown the location on map. If you are not sure, go to Nisargadhama food court, locate Shanthi bites stall and ask them for this restaurant which serves non-veg too (same owner). If you are the adventurous kind, and passing through Golden temple road, you can try beef-momos or pork-momos from the small Tibetan stalls (try the joints in the market area).
Attached Thumbnails
Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?-nisargadhama-restro.jpg  

ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed