Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 12:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?

I have taken this stretch multiple times when i did Bangalore-Mangalore(Srirangapatna-hunsur-madikeri)

Never found a decent place to eat on this stretch so i manage my time to either reach Kamath or somewhere in Mysore.

But now i have to go to coorg this weekend and i will be starting sometime at 4ish in the evening from bangalore and end point is madikeri. which i feel is doable by say 10 (New car, so driver doesnt want to cross 80kmph)

I have my 1 year old kid travelling with us, so we need to stop somewhere around 8-8:30 for dinner(Junior is very particular about his timings)

So i want to know some good places to eat on the way(Avoiding Mysore)

If there is no alternative, i have no option but to go till madikeri(entering Mysore will waste time)
Old 24th August 2009, 14:31   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

high quality food options extremely limited between Mysore and Madikeri.
either eat before Mysore on the BLR-Mysore highway OR carry sandwiches and coffee in the car. Best for health. your distance between BLR and Madikeri is about 250 odd kms- highly do-able in 6 - 6.5 hours at a really easy pace with a few stops thrown in.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:45   #3
BHPian

I guess there's one hotel near Hunsur. This one's on the Bypass to madikeri.
The food is ok ok, but good when compared to other places
Old 24th August 2009, 14:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, and i have covered it in 4 hrs in my Car as well.(During early morning) Never observed any good place to eat on the way..so felt it would be handy to know.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

raj, i have been to "fish land" which is about 7-8kms after srirangapatna. food quality is decent but i prefer "east end" at Madikeri...
Old 24th August 2009, 15:04   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good dosas including egg dosas and egg sandwiches at east end.i like that place a lot. good grub and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
raj, i have been to "fish land" which is about 7-8kms after srirangapatna. food quality is decent but i prefer "east end" at Madikeri...
Old 24th August 2009, 15:30   #7
BHPian

If you want a really good place to eat then try Caravan Restaurant in Kushalnagar. It falls on your left while your travelling towards madikeri and is just a little further from the bus stand. GOod food,good ambience and decent prices.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yep not many DECENT hotels between Mysore and Madikeri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I guess there's one hotel near Hunsur. This one's on the Bypass to madikeri.
The food is ok ok, but good when compared to other places
Last weekend while I was travelling to Madikeri, this is where I had my breakfast, I had my breakfast delivered to the seats outside the hotel, so never checked inside the hotel.
This hotel is around 2kms from hunsur towards to left while going to Madikeri.
Coorg can be done easily in 6hrs time, but be very careful after Kushalnagar, the route is in very bad state.
I took 5 hrs from Bangalore to Madikeri
Return took 4.15 hrs from Ammathi - Bangalore(approx 240kms).

Last edited by sushrutha : 24th August 2009 at 15:36.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

yes egg dosa and hot cup of tea.....what a combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
good dosas including egg dosas and egg sandwiches at east end.i like that place a lot. good grub and clean.
Old 25th August 2009, 07:30   #10
BHPian

I always prefer to carry some home made food and have them some where in the Srirangapatna bypass, near to KRS. There are many lovely places with paddy fields..!!
Old 29th August 2009, 19:32   #11
BHPian

For some European food try Pegasus Art Farm, on the Srirangatna- Hunsur Road. Come to India

Mind you, they will take some time to cook the food for walk ins.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:03   #12
BHPian

Very limited choice between mysore-madikeri. I vote for East End. They make good stuff(Dosas are huge, cheap and yum!) and their meat and traditional coorgi preparations are very nice as well. Plus the place is clean!!
Not sure what time it closes in the evening. I usually go past in the morning and make sure i reach before 10Am as the kitchen closes at 10:30 and reopens for lunch at 12:30.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Safest bet would be to pack up something from Srirangapatna before taking the turnoff for Hunsur, there are no worthwhile restaurants till you hit Madikeri if you are taking the Kushalnagar route. Just to confirm in case you did'nt know, East End is in Madikeri, not in between !
Old 30th August 2009, 12:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Safest bet would be to pack up something from Srirangapatna before taking the turnoff for Hunsur, there are no worthwhile restaurants till you hit Madikeri if you are taking the Kushalnagar route. Just to confirm in case you did'nt know, East End is in Madikeri, not in between !
I guess you havent been to Caravan Restaurant in Kushalnagar. It is a hell lot better than east end any day. Honestly, East end is too hyped up. Try Hill Town Hotel in Madikeri town for some better food.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
I guess you havent been to Caravan Restaurant in Kushalnagar. It is a hell lot better than east end any day. Honestly, East end is too hyped up. Try Hill Town Hotel in Madikeri town for some better food.
Knowing that you have a homestay in Coorg and you are on that route very often, I'll take your word for it ! You guessed right, I havent been to or heard of Caravan Restaurant in Kushalnagar, will try it out the next time I'm in those parts. Can you let me know it's exact location ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks