Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 20:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv-Bang thanks for the info. If you drive down please post the condition of the route you've taken

Sahir, Nice photo of the three ghats. Thanks. So now looking at all three am I right in presuming that Tilari Ghat and Chorla Ghat are down hill from belgaum to Goa? And the climb would be only when driving from Goa towards Belgaum?
Regards
Old 11th October 2009, 11:22   #32

Just before I set out this week to Goa, for which i will be most likely taking Belgavi-Amboli-Sawantwadi route... i also need to know from someone the road conditions for 2 routes:
-Tilari ghat (Tilari-Belgavi road off SH54 via Soloni or off Amboli-Sawantwadi rd)
-Chorla ghat on SH31

I have been on these routes years back, and these 2 are breathtaking routes and extremely steep.

Does anyone have any idea of the road conditions for tilari and chorla?

-Regards
Old 28th October 2010, 10:14   #33
BHPian

Belgaum to Chorla Ghat (Wildernest Resort)

I'm planning to drive to Wildernest Resort - Chorla Ghat this weekend in my new Innova.
I found out from google maps about 2 routes.

1. Bangalore - Belgaum (NH4) - Chorla Ghat (via Piranwadi - Desur NH4A - Khanapur - Olamani - Kankumbi - Surla - Chorla)

2. Bangalore - MK Hubli (NH4) - Chorla Ghat( via Devalatti SH 31 - Khanapur - Olamani - Kankumbi - Surla - Chorla)

I would like to know (a) which of these routes to take and (b) is the road to chorla ghat motorable, if not please suggest alternatives.

Thanks in Advance
Old 28th October 2010, 22:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottoman View Post
I'm planning to drive to Wildernest Resort - Chorla Ghat this weekend in my new Innova.
I found out from google maps about 2 routes.

1. Bangalore - Belgaum (NH4) - Chorla Ghat (via Piranwadi - Desur NH4A - Khanapur - Olamani - Kankumbi - Surla - Chorla)

2. Bangalore - MK Hubli (NH4) - Chorla Ghat( via Devalatti SH 31 - Khanapur - Olamani - Kankumbi - Surla - Chorla)

I would like to know (a) which of these routes to take and (b) is the road to chorla ghat motorable, if not please suggest alternatives.

Thanks in Advance
Guys, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif Any update on road condition from Belgaum to Chorla Ghats (Wildernest) would be highly appreciated because I have already paid of my reservation this weekend at the resort, so need suggestions urgently. Regards
Old 31st October 2010, 10:46   #35
BHPian

lottoman, sorry for the delayed response. Just back from Goa. Use Amboli or any of the other roads to get into goa and then goto Chorla. There is no road if you try to go to chorla direct from belgaum. It took us 4 hours to cover the route. There is mud in the begining and then only craters/stones.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:49   #36
BHPian

Begaum - Chorla Ghats update

I had a last minute reservation at Wildernest (Chorla Ghats) last weekend ( Oct 30, 31 and Nov 1).

So decided to drive from Bangalore to Chorla Ghats. Fortunately the resort offered to pick us up from Belgaum to the resort.

The total distance from Belgaum to Wildernest (Chorla Ghats) is 65kms, only 20-25kms has tarmac road, the rest of the route is an absolute unadultrated "Road to Hell". There is abosolutley no semblance of a road, there are craters the size of a house. The resort Sumo we were in bottomed out atleast 5-6 times, though the driver was a localite and was quite experienced. Infact I shot a video of the route and shall post it.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
the rest of the route is an absolute unadultrated "Road to Hell". There is abosolutley no semblance of a road, there are craters the size of a house. .
+1 to that. How ever the approach after Khanapur to Jamboty was scenic(not the surface). And the view once you cross Chorla and reach the top of the mountains is absolutely stunning. That made up forget my sufferings for a few minutes.
Old 13th May 2011, 20:02   #38
BHPian

Re: Begaum - Chorla Ghats update

Quote:
I had a last minute reservation at Wildernest (Chorla Ghats) last weekend ( Oct 30, 31 and Nov 1).

So decided to drive from Bangalore to Chorla Ghats. Fortunately the resort offered to pick us up from Belgaum to the resort.

The total distance from Belgaum to Wildernest (Chorla Ghats) is 65kms, only 20-25kms has tarmac road, the rest of the route is an absolute unadultrated "Road to Hell". There is abosolutley no semblance of a road, there are craters the size of a house. The resort Sumo we were in bottomed out atleast 5-6 times, though the driver was a localite and was quite experienced. Infact I shot a video of the route and shall post it.
Hey lottoman, just read your post about Chorla ghats and wondered if you could guide, where to leave the car at Belgaum, if the resort people are willing to pick us up too. Just paid for the reservation for the place for next weekend. Wanted to PM you, but seems that is not possible, many thanks.

If any of the folks hss any updates on this route (has it become motorable ?) or anything else plase do post a reply, thanks again.

Last edited by horabonny : 13th May 2011 at 20:03.
Old 13th May 2011, 20:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horabonny View Post
Hey lottoman, just read your post about Chorla ghats and wondered if you could guide, where to leave the car at Belgaum, if the resort people are willing to pick us up too. Just paid for the reservation for the place for next weekend. Wanted to PM you, but seems that is not possible, many thanks.

If any of the folks hss any updates on this route (has it become motorable ?) or anything else plase do post a reply, thanks again.
Check with Sahir Kittur,he would have the latest updates on this route from Belgaum
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 21:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horabonny View Post

Hi Horabonny, sorry for my delayed response, I was out of country and wasnt accessing TBHP for a while.

You can leave your vehicle at the resort owner's house or office in Belgaum.
In case if you have already done your trip this information might not be useful.

Cheers
lottoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 08:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Route to Chorla Ghat - Need Advise

Has anyone used this recently - I am told that this is a much improved road now.

If so, it would be a good way to get to North Goa from Pune as well as Bangalore, because from both places the road to Belgaum is very good, and this may then be the fastest way to get there.
Old 28th April 2013, 10:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Has anyone used this recently - I am told that this is a much improved road now.

If so, it would be a good way to get to North Goa from Pune as well as Bangalore, because from both places the road to Belgaum is very good, and this may then be the fastest way to get there.
I drove on this road in Jan this year, the road is completely done up and is a lovely one to drive on.
Old 28th April 2013, 15:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I drove on this road in Jan this year, the road is completely done up and is a lovely one to drive on.
Thanks for the update. Worth a try, very scenic too, I was told.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Thanks for the update. Worth a try, very scenic too, I was told.
Hi Sawyer, have you tried this route recently? Any feedback?

Thanks.
Old 7th May 2013, 17:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Hi Sawyer, have you tried this route recently? Any feedback?

Thanks.
A picture from a friend's recent drive last week.

Best Route to Chorla Ghat - Need Advise-chorla1.jpg

PS:Full credits to the person who has clicked the original picture.I stake no claim to this.Posted only for information,
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks