Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2018, 18:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Madurai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by psankar View Post
I am planning to do the Bangalore - Madurai - Bangalore stretch sometime soon. How good are the roads ? Is it 4 lane all the way ? I am planning to take Bangalore -> Krishnagiri -> Dharmapuri -> Salem -> Karur -> Dindigul -> Madurai route.

Anyone taken this route recently ? Any suggestions ?
Went in August. The road is absolutely brilliant throughout. We did the madurai - blr trip in 6.5 hours with one bio break at A2B Dharmapuri
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 18:52   #77
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psankar View Post
Is it 4 lane all the way ? I am planning to take Bangalore -> Krishnagiri -> Dharmapuri -> Salem -> Karur -> Dindigul -> Madurai route.
4 laned upto Kanyakumari, absolutely no issues.
With a 5am start you can easily reach Madurai by noon with sedate driving and breaks included.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:49   #78
BHPian

Has anyone taken this route recently? If yes, please update on the road conditions and possible breaks with good veg restaurants and washrooms. I do not mind taking a detour. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2021, 11:27   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Has anyone taken this route recently? If yes, please update on the road conditions and possible breaks with good veg restaurants and washrooms. I do not mind taking a detour. Thanks.
What is your destination? Is it Madurai or Trichy/Srirangam? (seeing your recent posts in other threads)

I did Bangalore-Madurai bypass-Sankarankoil-Dindugul-Trichy-Siruvachur-Salem-Bangalore around 17-19 October 2021. Roads were fine then. But also it rained a lot after that!

Lots of pure veg restaurants with clean washrooms in this route.
Shri Krishna Inn, Shoolagiri

Murugan Idli shop, near Krishnagiri toll plaza

Sree Saravana Bhavan, after Krishnagiri

Sai Sangeet, before Thoppur Toll plaza

A2B inside Namakkal town

Actually there are many A2Bs from Bangalore until Madurai on the NH.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:43   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Almost nothing will bother you till you run out of road and reach the ocean. Thoppur forest stretch needs some care, barricades and the insane rumblers cut into the road can shake things up a bit.

sri krishna inn \ sai sangeet \ murugan idli closer home or if its an early start -
salem cafe \ salem saravana bavan.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
What is your destination? Is it Madurai or Trichy/Srirangam? (seeing your recent posts in other threads)

I did Bangalore-Madurai bypass-Sankarankoil-Dindugul-Trichy-Siruvachur-Salem-Bangalore around 17-19 October 2021. Roads were fine then. But also it rained a lot after that!

Actually there are many A2Bs from Bangalore until Madurai on the NH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Almost nothing will bother you till you run out of road and reach the ocean. Thoppur forest stretch needs some care, barricades and the insane rumblers cut into the road can shake things up a bit.

sri krishna inn \ sai sangeet \ murugan idli closer home or if its an early start -
salem cafe \ salem saravana bavan.
Thanks for the quick response. I posted in both Bangalore- Trichy and Bangalore-Madurai routes because our "revised" plan looks as follows:

Onward route: Bangalore - Trichy
Trichy - Madurai (to cover other DivyaDesams in and around Madurai)
Return route: Madurai - Bangalore

Will keep the restaurant options handy. Prefer something that is less crowded since the breaks are only for coffee as we plan to carry packed food.

Last edited by pannags : 20th December 2021 at 11:50. Reason: Added quote
Old 27th February 2022, 11:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

Interesting. I too traveled during the same time. Stayed in Madurai and drove to Sankarankoil too in the same time frame. Did you by chance stay in Weshtern Park in madurai and own a Blue Hexa ? Wanted to speak the owner of Tata Hexa but missed the opportunity

Any recent update on the road conditions to Madurai ? Hope there are no big changes and is still a 7 hr drive Bangalore

Last edited by csateesh : 27th February 2022 at 11:42.
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 22:01   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Any recent update on the road conditions to Madurai ? Hope there are no big changes and is still a 7 hr drive Bangalore
Road conditions are good on this route. And now you have more restaurants on this route as well. There is a A2b and KFC near Dindigul. Then there are few new hotels before and after crossing Karur.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks