Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 20:14   #16
BHPian

The work on the EW corridor is in progress but the progress is rather slow. All 4 lanes (in NH31 within Assam) are nowhere complete as far as I have seen. From Baihata Chariali (starting point of NH 52) towards Rangia, Nalbari etc. you can see some stretches of 2-lanes completed under the EW corridor project but the drive is not pleasant because of frequent diversions.

From the Jalukbari intersection, Pathsala is 93 kilometers along NH31 and Patacharkuchi will be about 88. Last weekend I had driven my father's new Nano home and it took about 3 hours. There is an alternate route via Hajo (to catch NH31 again at Nalbari) which is at least 10 KM shorter. The road condition is slightly better but the road is narrow and there are jaywalkers abound. I you kill a duck by accident on that road then be prepared to pay for a cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Even in the TTK NE map 152 start point is shown as Patacharkuchi.

How far is it to Pathsala from Baihata and how is road condition. Has the Rangiya and Nalbari by pass compleated.

How long does it usually take to Pathsala from Guwahati in weekdays when road is full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Any status update on the EW corridor widening via Rangiya and Nalbari?
Old 21st August 2010, 20:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

TnH, thanks for the update. Looks like we will have to wait for some more years before we will see good roads in the Baihjata Chariali-Rangiya-Nalbari-Bpongaigaon-Barobisha-Siliguri road.

Is the NH37 via Goalpara and Cooch behar in a better shape at least?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks