Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 11:03   #91
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Hampi : Route Queries

New road from Hubli to Ballari is just awesome, cuts down the travel time from an earlier 4 hrs (approx) to just 2.5 hrs.

Coming from Mumbai / Pune stick to the Bangalore highway and post the Hubli junction move to the service road which then connects to this new road from next to a Tata showroom.

I could do Mumbai to Ballari (approximately 780 kms) in 11 hrs without crossing 100. What helped though was night travel with less traffic.
macbeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 20:42   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
New road from Hubli to Ballari is just awesome, cuts down the travel time from an earlier 4 hrs (approx) to just 2.5 hrs.
This is great to note! So all the rough patches gone? 90 min reduction speaks a lot!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 08:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is great to note! So all the rough patches gone? 90 min reduction speaks a lot!
Yes good roads except for a couple of diversions but with very minimal traffic so not much of a bother. The road bypasses the towns of Gadag and Koppal but one still has to go via Toranagallu.
macbeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Original Hospet-Hubli driving time from 2-lane days was 2.5 hours (mostly good, town roads in Gadag and Koppal were bad), plus 45 mins for Bellary. 4 hours is as a result of the god awful way the 4-laning was done.

The improvements are on bypasses and a good Hospet-Bellary section
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:23   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
New road from Hubli to Ballari is just awesome, .
I had done this last year when we had to go to Gadag on our return Hubli-Bangalore trip.

Are the bridges completed ?

Also, are the tolls operational now ?

What about the switch-backs between the two sides ?
Old 8th June 2022, 22:23   #96
BHPian

Yes barring a couple of diversions the road is all done (one of the diversion is due to the bridge work and toll is operational :( .

Very tempting to go at high speeds but safety first.
Old 9th November 2022, 02:03   #97

Hi

Planning for Pune to Hospet trip and plan to take the route Satara - Belgavi - Hubballi - Hospet. Google shows that this route is 50 Kms more than the Solapur route but takes the same time.

Have travelled via Solapur - Vijayapura route earlier. Only thing is there are no proper eateries available after Solapur for lunch.

Need guidance on the route between Hubballi and Hospete. Any updates on the latest state of the roads in this section.
Old 9th November 2022, 07:45   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK0909 View Post
Need guidance on the route between Hubballi and Hospete. Any updates on the latest state of the roads in this section.
The road is good. Possible that 1-2 flyovers are in progress, and in a couple of sections the traffic switches over to opp side. Else all good. You can take this too.

If taking Hubli-Hospet, then take the Hubli by-pass - you dont need to go into city.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 08:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hubli-Hospet is brand new 4-lane that was 2-lane before. Bulk of the work is done and this route is anyday better than enduring the misery of Pune traffic to catch Solapur-Hospet.

The only proper hotel on Solapur route is Nandagokula at Kushtagi, otherwise you have to enter Bijapur town.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 15:58   #100
BHPian

Hello folks,

I and my wife are planning our first road-trip in our new Kia Sonet from Pune (kothrud side).
Going through the posts it seems the Kolhapur - Hubli route is the preferred one?

The rough Itinerary is as follows. Please let me know for any suggestions.

Pune - Badami via Hubli?
Badami - Hampi.
From Hampi I will be proceeding towards Goa and finally from Goa to Pune.

If I start early morning, with lunch en-route, Can I reach Badami? Any expert opinions will be helpful.

Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 08:46   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
Hello folks,

I and my wife are planning our first road-trip in our new Kia Sonet from Pune (kothrud side).
Going through the posts it seems the Kolhapur - Hubli route is the preferred one?

The rough Itinerary is as follows. Please let me know for any suggestions.

Pune - Badami via Hubli?
Badami - Hampi.
From Hampi I will be proceeding towards Goa and finally from Goa to Pune.

If I start early morning, with lunch en-route, Can I reach Badami? Any expert opinions will be helpful.

Thanks
If you have time to spare, I would recommend a visit to Gadag and Lakkundi on your way from Badami to Hampi.

You will get the details about what you get to see here in this blog of mine. Check the first 2 days.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...e-monsoon.html (Monuments & more in monsoon)
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 12:50   #102
BHPian

Thanks Thirugata. I will have a look.

I also had another question. If I stay in Hubli for the night, next day post breakfast do Badami Aihole and reach Hampi by evening/early night is this feasible?
Skipping Badami stay as hardly any stays are available there which are relatively comfortable?
Old 17th November 2022, 08:47   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
Thanks Thirugata. I will have a look.

I also had another question. If I stay in Hubli for the night, next day post breakfast do Badami Aihole and reach Hampi by evening/early night is this feasible?
Skipping Badami stay as hardly any stays are available there which are relatively comfortable?
Regarding the stay, I had stayed in Heritage resort Badami, it was comfortable stay with safe parking. But this was 2015.

https://theheritage.co.in/

Regarding covering it one day, I guess it depends on how much you want to see. We had a leisure trip and took 3 days to cover Badami, Aihole and Pattadakallu with our base as badami.

Sharing my write up on that trip.

https://thirugata.blogspot.com/2015/...tage-tour.html
Old 22nd June 2023, 15:40   #104
BHPian

I'm about to visit Hampi around next week. Google Maps suggests Solapur route. A few friends had traveled last year & they vouch for the Kolhapur route. I'm more inclined towards the Kolhapur route, as it's a bit familiar to me (at least till Nippani).

If anyone has traveled to Hampi in recent times, can you please suggest which route to take?
Old 22nd June 2023, 17:29   #105
Senior - BHPian

The choice for Hospet from Bombay is either via Solapur or Hubli. Not sure what this Kolhapur route is. You have to cross Pune for the former and Hubli for the latter.

Solapur-Hospet is fully 4-laned. Hubli-Hospet is mostly 4-laned.

I would drive via Hubli just to avoid the misfortune of threading through Pune.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks