Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 11:17   #16
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Hampi : Route Queries

I am also planning a Pune-Dandeli-Hampi-Badami-Pune tour in October.

Tips from ampere are very helpful.

Here Fauji is talking about Belgaum Badami route. How is Sankeshwar-Gokak-Yargatti-Badami route? any idea?

I am booking at Mayura Bhuvaneshwari at Hampi. Will it be inconvenient to stay there for sight seeing Hampi?

Pl advice.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I am also planning a Pune-Dandeli-Hampi-Badami-Pune tour in October.

Tips from ampere are very helpful.

Here Fauji is talking about Belgaum Badami route. How is Sankeshwar-Gokak-Yargatti-Badami route? any idea?

I am booking at Mayura Bhuvaneshwari at Hampi. Will it be inconvenient to stay there for sight seeing Hampi?

Pl advice.
- KSTDC Mayura is a good place to stay
- Sankeshwar to Gokak is good. There was a recent TL on the same.
Here is the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ravelogue.html

- The question is now about Gokak-Yargatti-Badami.
- Yargatti-Badami is OK to do. Check this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2328549

You will need to do Gokak to Yargatti once. One the way back take the road to Belgaum from Yargatti and get into NH4.

Last edited by ampere : 12th September 2011 at 11:45.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 12:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
-
- Sankeshwar to Gokak is good. There was a recent TL on the same.
- The question is now about Gokak-Yargatti-Badami.
- Yargatti-Badami is OK to do. Check this link:
You will need to do Gokak to Yargatti once. One the way back take the road to Belgaum from Yargatti and get into NH4.
The roads are pretty decent. SH between Belgaum and Bijapur via Yaragatti specially is one of the best roads. The roads between Yaragatti and Badami via Ramdurg is decent and is very green with Sugar cane fileds flanking the roads.
Old 22nd October 2011, 12:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
The roads are pretty decent. SH between Belgaum and Bijapur via Yaragatti specially is one of the best roads. The roads between Yaragatti and Badami via Ramdurg is decent and is very green with Sugar cane fileds flanking the roads.
I plan to take the following routes this week -

Dandeli - Hubli - Gadag - Hospet - Hampi
Hampi-Kushtagi-Gajendragarh-Badami
Badami- Ramdurg-Yargatti-Saneshwar

I trust the road conditions are still good. For Last leg someone suggested Badami-Bagalkot-Chikkodi-Nipani route but ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
SH20 via Bagalkot & Lokapur to Belgaum is fantastic, I travelled on it 3 days ago. However, please do not take the Lokapur-Chikodi-Nippani road, it is a total disaster for 100+ kms.
HVK sir says it's bad.

Any Bhpian traveled on this route recently?

Any suggestions on alternative routes?
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:36   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I plan to take the following routes this week -

Dandeli - Hubli - Gadag - Hospet - Hampi
Hampi-Kushtagi-Gajendragarh-Badami
Badami- Ramdurg-Yargatti-Saneshwar
Another option from Hampi Badami:

Hampi-Hospet-Koppal-Ron-Badami. But I have no idea latest condition.
On the way from Badami, on the Yargatti-Sankeshwar stretch, you can visit
Gokak falls as well.
Old 26th October 2011, 22:54   #21
BHPian

Please excuse for short info. writing form Hampi. I took Hubli-Gadag-Koppal-Hospet-Hampi route.

Between Hubli and Munirabad fork NH63 is in excellent condition and not much traffic. After Miunirabad fork lot of Heavy traffic till Hospet and also four laning work going on. Your speed drops down.

Tomorow taking Hampi-Koppal-Badami Route. Will report later.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 08:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please excuse for short info. writing form Hampi. I took Hubli-Gadag-Koppal-Hospet-Hampi route.

Between Hubli and Munirabad fork NH63 is in excellent condition and not much traffic. After Miunirabad fork lot of Heavy traffic till Hospet and also four laning work going on. Your speed drops down.

Tomorow taking Hampi-Koppal-Badami Route. Will report later.
So part of Munirabad-Hospet section is getting 4-Laned? That is news and a good one!
So is there an overall plan for NH13 4-Laning?

Glad to note that Hubli-Munirabad section of NH63 is very good. Looks like stopping of those mining trucks, has brought some life on these roads!!
Old 31st October 2011, 17:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So part of Munirabad-Hospet section is getting 4-Laned? That is news and a good one!
So is there an overall plan for NH13 4-Laning?

Glad to note that Hubli-Munirabad section of NH63 is very good. Looks like stopping of those mining trucks, has brought some life on these roads!!
NH13, I heard, is already four lane from Solapur to Munirabad. (Work completed) and now further work is taken up.

Hampi to Badami

Road I took proved to be disaster.

Hampi-Hospet-Koppal was alright.
Koppal-Yelburga-Gajendragad-Belur-Badami was Horrible. More potholes than the road. 150 kms took 4 hours 30 minutes.

Badami to Kolhapur

I therefore enquired about further route to reach Kolhapur and finally on advice took a little longish route.

Badami-Kerur-Gaddanakeri-Lokapur-Yargatti-Belgaum-Kolhapur.

On this section Badami Kerur was not so good road but after Kerur road was excellent except for speed-breakers that appear at every town in huge numbers. At one place there were 6 speed-breakers within 750 meters of distance.

Still we were able to cover the distance of 175 kms upto Belgaum in 2 hours 30 minutes. This was 30 kms in excess for shortest route to Belgaum and 70 kms excess for shortest route to Kolhapur. But what we lost on kms we covered in time.

Later, I am told even Yargatti-Gokak-Sankeshwar route was also alright.

Last edited by CANPUSH : 31st October 2011 at 17:07. Reason: additional information
Old 5th August 2012, 22:48   #24
BHPian

Hi Team,

From other threads, Pune to Hubli road condition seems good.
Please share any recent information's on Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - Hospet.

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th August 2012, 10:50   #25
BHPian

I just went to Hampi last weekend. Road from Hubli to Hospet via Gadag is quite good. As you reach Hospet(last 20 kms) you will encounter lot of truck traffic and due to construction road becomes bad in stretches.

I drove from Pune to Hampi in about 9.5 hours with couple of breaks.
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 22:34   #26
BHPian

Thanks @hsub, yes the roads are very good.

Pune (E) 6:40am - Sai International for BreakFast at 09:49am with couple of short break till Satara. Started at 10:10am, checked Konduskar at Kolhapur, as usual no Normal Petrol, filled up at next HP Petrol Pump @73.62/ltr (little less than Pune), good fuel. Hubli at 12:55 pm, with few stops between Kolhapur and Belgaum, not more than 3-4mins each. Took left turn from NH4, traffic jam and negotiating Hubli city traffic with few wrong turns took approx. 20mins to get onto NH63. Stopped at Kamat for lunch at Hubli. Started at 02:32pm, stuck for ~10mins on railway crossing, Gadag 03:20pm, Koppal at 04:10pm, stopped for 10-15 mins on a crossing near some village. Reached Hotel at Hospet at 05:25pm.

Pune - Satara : Mostly good roads with few diversions and some rough patches.

Satara - Kolhapur - fantastic concrete roads

Kolhapur - Belgaum - as usual , brilliant

Belgaum - Hubli : Excellent, though 02 lane road for the last 29kms. After crossing the first toll booth from Belgaum towards Hubli, there are 6-7 speed breakers. Well marked, but better to keep an eye to avoid last minute hard braking.

Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - beautiful 02 lane NH63. Lots of villages, better to keep an eye on the speed breakers, they come in all shapes and sizes. Mostly marked, some unmarked.

Koppal - Hospet - Due to road construction, lots of diversion and few patches of bad to no roads. Last 15 kms took approx.45-50mins.

Return was same, breakfast at hotel, started @07:35am - few short breaks till Hubli including re-fuel just crossing Hospet at HP (76/ltr), a short drive of approx. 10kms for wrong turn before Koppal. Belgaum, lunch at Sankam Residency @ 12:05 - 12:50pm - Post Lunch stop at Sai@Kolhapur - home @ Pune 06:25pm. MH toll booths didn't take time at all (04 toll booth took max. 15 mins.). Over all, roads are very good, even though monsoons and Pune (E) - Hospet can be easily covered within 10 - 10.5 hrs sedate drive with lots of breaks. Weather was fantastic, mostly cloudy with max. temp. of 32C at Hubli with few drizzle (no rain).

Last edited by AvonA7 : 28th August 2012 at 22:45. Reason: edit ...
Old 13th August 2013, 15:14   #27
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

We are planning a trip to Hampi around this weekend. I wanted to reach out for information about the route to Hampi from Pune.

Any advice on the condition of the roads, best route to take in this season, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 13th August 2013 at 15:16.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Bumping up an old thread.

We are planning a trip to Hampi around this weekend. I wanted to reach out for information about the route to Hampi from Pune.

Any advice on the condition of the roads, best route to take in this season, etc. Thanks.
Pune kolhapur hubli nh63 gadag koppal hospet.no prpblems with the road
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 16:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

What is the condition of the Pune-Solapur-Hospet route?? That may be shorter isnt it?
Old 13th August 2013, 17:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
What is the condition of the Pune-Solapur-Hospet route?? That may be shorter isnt it?
Pune to solapur would take you ages to drive thanks to road widening.upto Indapur is excellent and after that its pure misery!budget for 5-6hrs of drive.

Most Viewed