Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 21:35   #106
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Hampi : Route Queries

Apologies. I should have mentioned this earlier, I'll be starting from Pune .
So, there's no option for me to avoid Pune traffic. That's why I'll be starting mostly by 4AM -5AM from Pune.

BTW, for me the Hubli route goes via Kolhapur (MH). I'd prefer this over the Solapur route, unless the latter is well laid out and cuts the travel time substantially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The choice for Hospet from Bombay is either via Solapur or Hubli. Not sure what this Kolhapur route is. You have to cross Pune for the former and Hubli for the latter.

Solapur-Hospet is fully 4-laned. Hubli-Hospet is mostly 4-laned.

I would drive via Hubli just to avoid the misfortune of threading through Pune.
Old 17th August 2023, 18:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Apologies. I should have mentioned this earlier, I'll be starting from Pune .
So, there's no option for me to avoid Pune traffic. That's why I'll be starting mostly by 4AM -5AM from Pune.

BTW, for me the Hubli route goes via Kolhapur (MH). I'd prefer this over the Solapur route, unless the latter is well laid out and cuts the travel time substantially.
Any guidance on the route you took? I am planning Hampi trip next month.
Old 17th August 2023, 19:08   #108
BHPian

I took the Hubbali route (Pune - Satara - Kolhapur - Nipani - Belgavi - Dharwad - Hubballi - Hospete) for both onward and return journey. The roads are good throughout, but note that the widening work is in progress between Pune and Kolhapur. Because of it, there may be some inconvenience.

For onward journey, we started in the wee hours. There was absolutely zero traffic. But on the return journey, it was already afternoon when we crossed Kolhapur. That meant lots of two wheelers on the road, and the resulting frustration.

I hear the Solapur route is also good. If so, you can also explore that option on the return leg (to avoid Kolhapur -> Pune traffic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Any guidance on the route you took? I am planning Hampi trip next month.
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 19:10   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took the Hubbali route (Pune - Satara - Kolhapur - Nipani - Belgavi - Dharwad - Hubballi - Hospete) for both onward and return journey. The roads are good throughout, but note that the widening work is in progress between Pune and Kolhapur. Because of it, there may be some inconvenience.

For onward journey, we started in the wee hours. There was absolutely zero traffic. But on the return journey, it was already afternoon when we crossed Kolhapur. That meant lots of two wheelers on the road, and the resulting frustration.

I hear the Solapur route is also good. If so, you can also explore that option on the return leg (to avoid Kolhapur -> Pune traffic).
Thanks a lot. We are breaking the journey in Belgaon while on the way to Hampi. On return, might try Solapur route.

Also any suggestion on the hotel you stayed at in/around Hampi?
Old 17th August 2023, 19:35   #110
BHPian

We had stayed in Hotel Priyadarshini Classic in Hosapete. The rooms were decent (We were kind of skeptical about the rooms, after reading the reviews. But they turned out to be good for the price). The location is good - you've got a couple of good restaurants nearby.
I hear the Priyadarshini Pride, which is in the same compound as the Priyadarshini Classic, has better rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Also any suggestion on the hotel you stayed at in/around Hampi?
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 11:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We had stayed in Hotel Priyadarshini Classic in Hosapete. The rooms were decent (We were kind of skeptical about the rooms, after reading the reviews. But they turned out to be good for the price). The location is good - you've got a couple of good restaurants nearby.
I hear the Priyadarshini Pride, which is in the same compound as the Priyadarshini Classic, has better rooms.
Done with my Hampi trip. Updates on the route:

1. Pune - Kolhapur is typical 2/3 lane road with ongoing road widening work
2. Kolhapur - Belgaum - Hell lot of diversions on this patch of 2 hrs
3. Belgaum - Hubballi - Nice roads but a section of 30 odd KMs of single lane road between Hubballi and Dharwad
4. Hubballi - Hospete - NH67 - Beautiful road. The whole section is cemented and very less traffic. Can easily cruise at 100.

Roads in Hospete and Hampi are good, thanks to the recent G20 meet in Hampi.

I stayed at Hampi International hotel and the rooms were clean. You can visit Naveidyam for lunch/dinner or can use the inhouse restaurant of the hotel.
neoonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 09:24   #112
BHPian

Looking for suggestions for below routes and stay

1) Pune - Hampi (Decent/Good stay)

2) Hampi - Gokarna (Decent/Good stay)

3) Gokarna - Goa (Good/Luxurious stay)

4) Goa - Pune

Please also suggest stay at these places. I will be travelling with my wife and two kids.
Old 14th November 2023, 09:56   #113
BHPian

Hello,

Does anyone have any updates about the Pune-Solapur-Hampi Road or is the via Hubbali route still the one to choose from?
Old 14th November 2023, 10:28   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
Hello,

Does anyone have any updates about the Pune-Solapur-Hampi Road or is the via Hubbali route still the one to choose from?
I recently returned from a memorable trip to Hampi, taking the Hospet-Ilkal-Vijayapur route during the journey back. The road conditions, particularly the Hospet-Vijayapur stretch, were impressively smooth with beautiful four-lane expanses.
Depending on your stay you can choose to avoid entering Hospet town by taking the ring road.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 14th November 2023 at 10:31.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 10:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Solapur-Hospet is great including a functional Solapur bypass. Just need to be careful about the speed breakers between Almatti and Hospet. If you live on the eastern side of Pune, it might make sense to take the Solapur-Hospet route.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 10:42   #116
BHPian

Thank you Bhpians for the quick responses - Helps a lot. Any suggestions on enroute eateries as well as eateries in Hampi itself?

I stay in the West. But, personally don't like the Pune-Satara Section of the NH4. Very crowded any part of the day and until the Khambatki mess is sorted out. Might propbably try that route on the way back.
Old 14th November 2023, 21:12   #117

I have a similar query about Mumbai to Hampi..

We are planning for an early december road trip with a overnight halt at either Kolhapur OR Solapur

Should we go via the Google Maps route? Are there any bad patches of roads if we are going via Kolhapur route?
Old 15th November 2023, 08:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Bhpians for the quick responses - Helps a lot. Any suggestions on enroute eateries as well as eateries in Hampi itself?

I stay in the West. But, personally don't like the Pune-Satara Section of the NH4. Very crowded any part of the day and until the Khambatki mess is sorted out. Might propbably try that route on the way back.
Once you cross Vijayapura, apart from the usual highway dhabas there aren`t decent restaurants till Hospet.
You will find quite a few good ones either in Hampi or Hospet. I have visited the below ones on more than one occasion and they were pricey but the food was excellent.
  • Mango tree restaurant Kamalapura, Hampi
  • Hotel Varsha Grand, Kamalapura, Hampi
  • Blue mist, Malligi, Hospet
  • Naivedyam, Hospet
Old 22nd December 2023, 15:49   #119

I just finished the Mumbai- Hampi road trip, so here's my take:

We started early from Mumbai at around 6 AM and wanted to take the Kolhapur route since we were staying there at a friend's place for the night..

The road is pretty smooth till Kohapur except the highway extension when you reach Satara where it shifts on to service road for abour 20 KMS and the minor traffic you encounter on the Lonavla section going uphill..

After Kolhapur, NH48 is dug-up near Nipani when you enter Karnataka and it becomes a 1 way for about 40 kms..

The road after Nippani via Dharwad and Belagavi is pretty smooth and you can zoom your car around till Hosapete

There are no big restaurant/dhaba after Nippani till Hosapete, so plan your break accordingly
Old 22nd December 2023, 19:19   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
After Kolhapur, NH48 is dug-up near Nipani when you enter Karnataka and it becomes a 1 way for about 40 kms..
This would be not after Nippani, but from near Hattargi toll onwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks