Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 19:37   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad - Mantralayam Route Query

Hello All

Planning to travel to mantralayam this weekend. Wanted to know the latest road conditions.

Planning to take the route HYderabad - Jadcherla - Gadwal - Mantralayam

Now the query is

1. How are roads from Gadwal to Mantralayam.
2. Do i need to go through Raichur to reach Mantralayam or is there a shorter way.
3. Google Maps shows a different route and Mapmyindia shows via raichur. Which would be the best route keeping in mind the recent floods.

Thankyou.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Mantralayam Route Query-google-maps.jpg  

Hyderabad - Mantralayam Route Query-mapmyindia-maps.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 23:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer to go on NH7 till Kurnool (super-fast) then go via Raichur (good roads).
Old 17th February 2010, 23:40   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Is Mantralayam back to normalcy? The floods left it in ruins I heard. Is Moola Rama back in Mantralayam?
Old 18th February 2010, 12:46   #4
BHPian

Thank you HVK. But going till Kurnool might be a longer route. From google maps it shows we need to divert from NH7 after crossing Beechupalli (Correct me if iam worng).

And also as said by MX6 is mantralayam back to normal?? Any info or any latest update.

Thankyou

As per this site : http://www.srsmutt.org/ there is Sri Raghavendra Gurubhakti Utsava going on from 16 - 21 feb. So keeping this in mind hoping mantralayam is back to normalcy.

Last edited by vito_parry : 18th February 2010 at 12:58.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:20   #5
MX6
Senior - BHPian

This is what I could find in the same website.

After a massive rupture caused by River Tungabhadra, Mantralayam town is now coming back to normalcy. Though the poojas at Mutt are going on normally, it was necessary to perform Samprokshana Vidhi (a special procedure of Re-sanctifying the Prakaram and other areas of the mutt by Vedic customs). The same is scheduled tomorrow i.e 25.10.2009 from 4.00 AM to 11.00 AM. As per procedure, the main gate of the Mutt will remain closed until the Samprokshana vidhi concludes. Darshana will be restarted by 4.00 PM.
Now devotees can have darshana of Sri Rayaru at Mantralayam, however, it is suggested to plan the trip only after December 2009 as public amenities at Mantralayam are yet to be restored.

Now the Mutt does seem has come back to normalcy. But one definitely needs to check whether the rest of Mantralayam and amenities like stay/ food/ toilets are back to normalcy. Does anyone hail from nearby region who can throw some inputs on current status?
Old 18th February 2010, 13:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Thank you HVK. But going till Kurnool might be a longer route. From google maps it shows we need to divert from NH7 after crossing Beechupalli (Correct me if iam worng).

And also as said by MX6 is mantralayam back to normal?? Any info or any latest update.
You are right, you can turn off NH7 at Beechupalli which is 21 kms after Jadcherla and 6 kms before the River Krishna bridge. I saw the sign boards pointing 93 kms to Raichur at Beechupalli.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:41   #7
BHPian

Thankyou HVK and MX6 for the inputs. Will leave to mantralayam tomorrow[SIZE=1][/SIZE]morning however not planning to stay overnight as iam planning to return the same day to hyd. Will try to provide more information on the latest road conditions and other amenities once we are back.

Thankyou once again. :-)
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:06   #8
BHPian

Hello All

Back from the trip Hyderabad - Mantralayam. OH MY GOD the roads from Beechupalli are soo horable which goes to leeja and beyond to mantralayam. Do not take this road in the near feture. Its gonna take atleast a minimum of 6 more months to get these roads back to shape. I could not go beyond 20 KM/Hr on this streatch and my santro has taken all the beatings, poor one never been on these types of roads for such long distances. I had to divert from leeja and go through raajolee as the bridges are distroyed so badly by the massive floods.

Route taken
While Going to Mantralayam

Hyderabad - Jedcharla - Beechupalli - Itikyala - Leeja - Santhinagar - Raajolee - Mantralayam
Distance - 350 KMs

While coming back to Hyderabad

Mantralayam - Kurnool - Beechupalli - Jedcharla - Hyderabad.
Distance - 300 KMs

Thankyou
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While coming back to Hyderabad

Mantralayam - Kurnool - Beechupalli - Jedcharla - Hyderabad.
Distance - 300 KMs
Was the road via Kurnool better?
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Was the road via Kurnool better?
Yes HVK, it was a breez to dirve on the road from mantralayam to Kurnool. It is about 80 Kms from mantralayam and has taken 1:45 mins with a small 15 mins bio break for my child. And from Kurnool it was NH 7 till Hyderabad.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:31   #11
MX6
Senior - BHPian

What about other amenties there? Stay and food? I'm planning on a trip to Tirupati and was thinking of covering Mantralayam enroute. The Kurnool route would be the one I'd take, if plans fall in place.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
What about other amenties there? Stay and food? I'm planning on a trip to Tirupati and was thinking of covering Mantralayam enroute. The Kurnool route would be the one I'd take, if plans fall in place.
MX6 stay and food are back to normal and infact they are good now as they have renovated alomst everything there hotels and lodges. I have not stayed or had food there. But can assure you that food will not be a problem anymore.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:22   #13
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MX6 stay and food are back to normal and infact they are good now as they have renovated alomst everything there hotels and lodges. I have not stayed or had food there. But can assure you that food will not be a problem anymore.
Thanks a zillion Vito Parry. I'm just planning on my next 3 years of trips actually.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Thanks a zillion Vito Parry. I'm just planning on my next 3 years of trips actually.
all the very best but keep in mind the temperatures in this part are too high. I remeber seeing a display board showing 44 degrees centigrate after crossing Kurnool on NH7 in this time of the year. Imagine in the month of May and June.
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:59   #15

Vito, since you have driven from Mantralayam to Kurnool - how was the place Yemmiganur affected from recent floods. This place should be having decent lodges and close to Mantralayam (approx 25KM). Also road conditions should be good on this stretch, however there are lot of villages and people/cattle on roads and hence speed should be approx 60 to 80 Kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks