Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 14:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Pune - Kashid : Route Queries

Did Pune-Kashid-Murud this weekend. Took the Pune-Khalapur-Pen-Poynad-Alibaug-Kashid-Murud route.

After the Expressway exit at Khalapur, the roads till Pen are somewhat better with occassional surprise bad patches in between. However it was manageable on my Ecosport. The real horror starts after you cross Pen and join NH66 towards Alibaug. The roads are too bad with very few better laid patches in between. The roads are manageable upto Alibaug though. Your progress will be slow or fast depending on how much you love/hate your car and your co-passengers.

The roads after Alibaug to Kashid and Murud are very bad and littered with potholes and bad patches. I took close to 4 hours 45 minutes to reach Kashid, half an hour break included at the food mall on Expressway. The road from Kashid to Murud is also very bad and took us close to 40 minutes to cover that 17 kms stretch to our homestay. Needless to say, plan to go there only if you trust your car's suspension and are okay with driving on bad patches. I was fine since I grew up in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh and I have seen W-O-R-S-E roads than this.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 15:06   #32
BHPian

I went to Kashid in dec 15 and roads weren't that bad and i don't remember if i had to go through Alibaug. Because in oct 16 when i went to Alibaug, it was horrible and awful. Google maps show the route through Alibaug to Kashid and almost 5 hours for 148km.Seems the road conditions haven't removed at all. Anyone else with recent experience going there? As dominantor says he went in Ecosport and it will be worse for my Octavias suspension.
Old 24th December 2019, 23:08   #33
BHPian

Planning for a weekend trip to Alibag (Nagaon). Google shows to take the exit after Khalapur Toll towards Pen. The toll to be paid for Pune to Khalapur exit is the full fare of ₹230 or something lesser? I remember on the return journey from Alibag, we join at the toll booth through a separate lane and the toll charged is less. Thank you in advance.
Old 26th December 2019, 20:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Planning for a weekend trip to Alibag (Nagaon). Google shows to take the exit after Khalapur Toll towards Pen. The toll to be paid for Pune to Khalapur exit is the full fare of ₹230 or something lesser? I remember on the return journey from Alibag, we join at the toll booth through a separate lane and the toll charged is less. Thank you in advance.
There is a separate lane for exit to Pen while coming from Pune. Its the leftmost lane at Khalapur toll plaza and there is no toll charged if you exit via that lane. Its ₹173 for exit via Khalapur toll plaza. While coming back too, the toll is the same and not the full ₹230.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 14:57   #35

Pune to Kashid - Best route and Road condition

Hi BHPians,

Planning a road trip from Pune to Kashid the day after. Any intel on the road conditions?
Have the following route options:-
a) Via Expressway to Khalapur Toll - Pen - Alibag - Kashid (I am told the roads
are terrible between Khalapur Toll and Pen?)
b) Via Expressway to Panvel - Pen - Alibag - Kashid
c) Via Tahmini Ghats - Kolad - Roha - Kashid

Appreciate some feedback, please.
Regards!
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:10   #36
BHPian

Re: Pune to Kashid - Best route and Road condition

Pretty much any way to and from Pen is going to be a pain to drive, and given the insane fuel prices I’d totally remove Panvel from the equation. If you’re going to be bumpy and uncomfortable, might as well save some time and money (fuel and tolls) while you’re at it and go via Khalapur-Pen.

The process is more about elimination, and since the roads are going to be relatively bad either way in options B or C, you could choose C for a better view, but you’d have a rough ride spread over majority of the distance.

If you choose option B, you’ll have the super good MPEW until Khalapur, then you’d downshift almost instantly to a super bad road towards Pen. For me, the transition is sometimes more frustrating than having a consistent issue throughout. You’d save about 30 minutes via B if time is an important factor to you here. This is what I’d probably choose.

A-Not recommended
B-Time saving, rough roads for shorter duration
C-Views, but rough roads go on for longer
wolfsnare24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:31   #37
BHPian

Re: Pune to Kashid - Best route and Road condition

Might I suggest a different route? I have been taking this for a long time to go to my native, Murud.
Khalapur Toll > Pali > Nagothane > Roha > Salav > Kashid.

This is definitely longer by 20 km, but the roads are way better, or at least they were. Now post the monsoon, it's anyone guess about any road in that region.

Last edited by GrandTourer : 2nd November 2021 at 20:34.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 13:06   #38

Has anyone recently been to Kashid from Pune via Mulshi -> Tamhini Ghat -> Kolad -> Roha -> Kashid after Monsoon? Would like to know the Tamhini ghat road condition if anyone has visited it recently. Thanks.
Old 6th November 2022, 13:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqTSN View Post
Has anyone recently been to Kashid from Pune via Mulshi -> Tamhini Ghat -> Kolad -> Roha -> Kashid after Monsoon? Would like to know the Tamhini ghat road condition if anyone has visited it recently. Thanks.
Roads via Tamhini till Kolad is awesome and very scenic. Not sure after that.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 16:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Had gone to Nagaon from Pune last weekend. We took the Expressway till Khopoli and then went on the Mumbai Goa Highway. The Mumbai Goa Highway's condition is pathetic and there are speed breakers at every crossing. The Pen Khopoli Road is also in a horrible condition and advise you to take the longer route which is slightly better.
adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 20:16   #41

The longer route recommended I guess would be Khopoli -> Pali -> Revdanda -> Kashid.
Old 6th November 2022, 22:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The longer route recommended I guess would be Khopoli -> Pali -> Revdanda -> Kashid.
The Khopoli Pali Road is also good, almost fully concrete barring a few sections where it is undergoing repairs/construction. The longer one would be going till the JNPT Exit after crossing the Second toll (from Pune) and then going on to the Mumbai Goa Road.
adi.mariner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 13:03   #43

I visited Kashid last week via Mulshi -> Tamhini ghat -> Kolad -> Roha route and returned via same route. The Tamhini ghat road is overall in excellent shape post monsoon. There are hardly couple of places, where the road work was in progress. Overall, I would recommend this route (with crossing the ghat sections only during daytime) due to excellent road condition and scenic route.
TorqTSN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 21:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I visited Kashid last week via Mulshi -> Tamhini ghat -> Kolad -> Roha route and returned via same route. The Tamhini ghat road is overall in excellent shape post monsoon...
Reading your review I think I am going to take this route this 31st. Hope there is not much of traffic built up on this section (either on the 31st or the 1st). Anyways though the distance is pretty less, I have decided to start early morning, around 5, just to avoid the traffic. How about the safety in travelling this stretch early morning, around 5?
Old 29th December 2022, 22:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
How about the safety in travelling this stretch early morning, around 5?
Depending on which part of city you will come from, will advise you to reach Pirangut by 6, not early than that. Accordingly, it will be close to sunrise by the time you reach Mulshi lake and ghat sections.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks