Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 11:49   #31
BHPian

re: Good hotels in Chennai

I stayed at Gold Mine Hotel at Koyembedu, Chennai close to Koyembedu Mofussil bus stand. The tariff was 2250/- for a double occupancy.I stayed for two days and i can give you more than hundred reasons why you should not stay at this place. Simply to be clear, it is the worst hotel i have ever stayed.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:23   #32
vsi
BANNED

Happened to stay in Hotel Raintree, Tynampet, near to T-Nagar. Had a almost months stay and i would definitely recommend ths hotel. Food is absolutely fantastic
Old 13th February 2012, 13:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I stayed at Gold Mine Hotel at Koyembedu, Chennai close to Koyembedu Mofussil bus stand. The tariff was 2250/- for a double occupancy.I stayed for two days and i can give you more than hundred reasons why you should not stay at this place. Simply to be clear, it is the worst hotel i have ever stayed.
Next time, please check Hotel Chennai Gate Hotel Chennai|Chennai Gate,In front of Egmore Railway Station. Chennai Gate is a 2 star hotel in chennai, Chennai Hotel, Chennai, Hotel in Chennai-Egmore Hotels, Chennai
The rate for single occupancy is Rs. 1200 & Rs. 1500.

Another good hotel is Ambika Empire but the rates are at least 4k+
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 18:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Please suggest a good place to stay at Chennai, near Koyembedu in the range of 2-2.5k.

Regards,

Waseem.
Old 8th September 2013, 13:38   #35
BHPian

Hi
I am planning to go to chennai for a function in Madhavaram. Could anyone suggest a place to stay near that area.
Old 19th December 2013, 16:52   #36
BHPian

Team,

I am planning for a visit to chennai next week Dec 25th by driving. I plan to do some shopping too in T.Nagar area and visit some friends. Can you please suggest a decent budget hotel for 2 days stay for 2 people.

Is there any decent hotels in kodambakkam / Nungambakkam area within Rs.1500/- Need not be A/C rooms.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by blrboy : 19th December 2013 at 16:58.
Old 19th December 2013, 19:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
Team,

I am planning for a visit to chennai next week Dec 25th by driving. I plan to do some shopping too in T.Nagar area and visit some friends. Can you please suggest a decent budget hotel for 2 days stay for 2 people.

Is there any decent hotels in kodambakkam / Nungambakkam area within Rs.1500/- Need not be A/C rooms.

Thanks in advance
This thread would yield more results for your query http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-rates-70.html
Old 9th February 2015, 15:34   #38
BHPian

I am visiting Chennai with wifey and kid two weeks from now for a wedding at Kolapakkam. Also wife wants to do saree shopping at T Nagar. Hotel suggestions please, budget 3-4k. Wedding is just to attend and come back, so preference around T Nagar area.
Old 9th February 2015, 15:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I am visiting Chennai with wifey and kid two weeks from now for a wedding at Kolapakkam. Also wife wants to do saree shopping at T Nagar. Hotel suggestions please, budget 3-4k. Wedding is just to attend and come back, so preference around T Nagar area.
I stayed at Hotel Comfort Inn, near Marina Beach.

It was earlier called as Hotel President.

Close to 5K but you can bargain for corporate discounts.
Decent hotel and food.
If you are into drinks, the bar is not well stocked though.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 19:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I stayed at Hotel Comfort Inn, near Marina Beach.

It was earlier called as Hotel President.

Close to 5K but you can bargain for corporate discounts.
Decent hotel and food.
If you are into drinks, the bar is not well stocked though.
AFAIK, the Hotel Clarion was erstwhile Hotel President. Clarion is a great hotel to stay at Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai. Published tariffs are about 3.5-4K, I got to stay for 4 days in december end at about 2200/- per night incl taxes and sumptuous breakfast for 2 ppl. Worth every penny and more.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 19:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I recently stayed in Jasmine park service apartments on Vasan street, T. Nagar in Chennai. I stayed in a room which is a single occupancy one. The room and the bathroom was very neat and clean. I paid Rs. 1100 for single occupancy for 1 day. They do have double occupancy which should be on the similar lines. They have a common kitchen on first floor where water purifier, a refrigerator and some a heating equipment is available.

The location is also good. It is behind Jos Alukkas below the flyover, i think it should be south usman road.

But the big problem is they don't have a restaurant in house. You will have to pay them before hand in case you would want to order food.

In case you stay in this place, you will have to visit Murugan Idly shop which is one the other side of the road. It is a decent place to have veg food.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 20:38   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of my relatives currently visiting Chennai are staying at KTDC Raindrops on Greams Road. Co-incidentally just got off the phone and then I saw this post. So thought will provide the input I have. They are quite happy with the place. Rate is around 3K. I think it is around 2-3 KM from T. Nagar Area.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 09:43   #43
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently stayed at Kings Cross Residency, Adyar, near Tiruvanmiyur SBI branch as we had to attend a wedding nearby at MRC Centre. Excellent place and very well located .
Link to earlier post on the Accommodations Thread - Here
Old 10th February 2015, 09:57   #44
BHPian

My suggestion would be E-Hotel, located in Express Avenue mall. I had a wonderful experience during Dec 2014 when we stayed there for 1 night. Its attached to the mall and its a feature which no other hotel in Chennai can beat. Spent about 5K, including the extra bed. Premium fittings and furnishings. Friendly staff. The best of all (other than the mall), its a vegetarian hotel.
Old 10th February 2015, 16:50   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I lived in T.Nagar for 5 years! The best bet in your budget would be The Residency Hotel located in GN Chetty Road, T.Nagar. There is also The Residency Towers, part of the same group, which is located in Sir Thyagaraya Road itself, where the shopping area of T.Nagar begins. These hotels have been around for years now, are safe for families. The best thing is, you could catch an auto to the shopping area for 50 bucks or less so you don't have to worry about finding a parking for your car.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks