BHPian

re: Good hotels in Chennai

I have booked in The Residency Hotel.
Thank you everybody for your help.
Old 24th December 2015, 07:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Any suggestions for good hotel for a family, near to the US consulate?

Thanks,
Sarath
Old 24th December 2015, 08:32   #48
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Any suggestions for good hotel for a family, near to the US consulate?
Hotel Palmgrove. Walkable distance from the US Consulate.

New Woodlands Hotel. 1.6 km.
  (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 08:53   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Good hotels in Chennai

Would New Woodlands or Hotel Palmgrove be a good choice for visits to the shopping places around T Nagar ?
Any other suggestions/recommendations for hotels in T Nagar close to the shopping places at Usman Road, etc
Old 7th August 2016, 09:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Would New Woodlands or Hotel Palmgrove be a good choice for visits to the shopping places around T Nagar ?
Any other suggestions/recommendations for hotels in T Nagar close to the shopping places at Usman Road, etc
GRT Grand - but rather more expensive than Woodlands or Palm Grove. Restaurants that are legendary for food (both south indian on the lobby level and a mediterranean food restaurant called Azulia on the 1st floor).

Medium priced (and with a rather popular bar called 10 downing street) - Kences Inn on North Boag Road.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 09:16   #51
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
GRT Grand - but rather more expensive than Woodlands or Palm Grove. Restaurants that are legendary for food (both south indian on the lobby level and a mediterranean food restaurant called Azulia on the 1st floor)
Thanks!
Have stayed at Palmgrove on an earlier trip, will probably choose Woodlands, simply love that quaint, old world feel there and spacious campus. Just wondering if the distance to Usman Road, etc will be a problem ?
Old 26th November 2021, 09:17   #52
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to stay in Chennai for 2-3 days towards end Dec21. This will be my first trip to Chennai and I am not familier with places. The plan is to get on the Tirupati tour at 4.30am in the morning, hence I am thinking to stay somewhere close to the pick up point. Any hotel recommandations for family accommodation with safe parking? Budget is arround 3-4k.
Old 26th November 2021, 09:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgritesh View Post
I am thinking to stay somewhere close to the pick up point. Any hotel recommandations for family accommodation with safe parking? Budget is arround 3-4k.
Madras is a 60 km radius city. Unless you mention the location, no one can help you.

Also I don't understand why you need to park in Madras and take a package tour, when you can stay in Tirupati and do it (assuming you are not comfortable parking uphill in Tirumala).
Old 26th November 2021, 10:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Madras is a 60 km radius city. Unless you mention the location, no one can help you.

Also I don't understand why you need to park in Madras and take a package tour, when you can stay in Tirupati and do it (assuming you are not comfortable parking uphill in Tirumala).
Apologies for not being clear in first post. Tirupati tickets are all booked and hence no choice but to avail tour package which includes SED ticket as well.

Coming back to my ask, tour starts at 4.30 in the morning from TTDC office if i am not wrong its somewhere close to Triplicane. Not sure if it will be difficult to reach there early in the morning.
Old 26th November 2021, 11:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to my ask, tour starts at 4.30 in the morning from TTDC office if i am not wrong its somewhere close to Triplicane. Not sure if it will be difficult to reach there early in the morning.
IIRC, the TTD closest to Triplicane would be on Peters Road in Royapettah. If that is your pickup point, you will find plenty of mid budget hotels available in the Gopalpuram / Cathedral Road / TTK Road / Royapettah area, which are hardly a couple of kms from this TTD location. Just check on the various booking sites online and take your pick.

Disclaimer: I used to stay in Chennai a long time ago, so better get the above info verified from someone who is there right now.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 26th November 2021 at 11:56.
Old 26th November 2021, 17:15   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
IIRC, the TTD closest to Triplicane would be on Peters Road in Royapettah. If that is your pickup point, you will find plenty of mid budget hotels available in the Gopalpuram / Cathedral Road / TTK Road / Royapettah area, which are hardly a couple of kms from this TTD location. Just check on the various booking sites online and take your pick.

Disclaimer: I used to stay in Chennai a long time ago, so better get the above info verified from someone who is there right now.
The TTD starting point is typically the temple on Venkatanarayana Road in T Nagar. Check your booking email or ticket.
Old 27th November 2021, 10:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to stay in Chennai for 2-3 days towards end Dec21. This will be my first trip to Chennai and I am not familier with places. The plan is to get on the Tirupati tour at 4.30am in the morning, hence I am thinking to stay somewhere close to the pick up point. Any hotel recommandations for family accommodation with safe parking? Budget is arround 3-4k.
Boss this is what I would recommend...
  • Book your tickets ONLY through APSRTC, which is located at T.Nagar Venkatnarayana Road (next block of TTD Chennai)
  • Book a serviced appartment or through AirBNB close to Venkatnarayana road so that it's walkable in the morning

If you can walk <2 Km, then stay at he Lotus Apartment Hotel so that you can walk to TTD Chennai
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks