Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 18:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Taxi from Delhi for intercity travel

Ola and Uber both have outstation rentals available and you could use one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftLife View Post
Hi all,
I would be traveling from Delhi (from airport) to Haryana (to a town called Fatehabad 240kms away) around a fortnight from now.
Old 24th November 2022, 11:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Renting a Tourist Taxi" Thread

Hi guys, I have posted related threat on my planned travel to Himachal in 2nd half of Dec 22 and also would like to explore the option of cab rental. My plan is to travel from Chandigarh and back to cover the regions in Himachal - Kinnaur, Tirthan valley and Kasol for around 12 days.

Would like to know if you have any inputs on reliable cab operators and who would provide vehicle with driver, however the itinerary and plan would be entirely on us.
Old 24th November 2022, 12:52   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hi guys, I have posted related threat on my planned travel to Himachal in 2nd half of Dec 22 and also would like to explore the option of cab rental. My plan is to travel from Chandigarh and back to cover the regions in Himachal - Kinnaur, Tirthan valley and Kasol for around 12 days.

Would like to know if you have any inputs on reliable cab operators and who would provide vehicle with driver, however the itinerary and plan would be entirely on us.

I used these chaps when we visited Chandigarh and Simla recently. Good clean service. Decent driver. Clean comfy car. Fair price. Transparent dealings.
We took a Maruti Ertiga - Airport to Airport. Very comfortable and spacious.

Here is the link;

https://myhimachaltravel.com/

+91 73474 83424
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I used these chaps when we visited Chandigarh and Simla recently.

Thanks Shankar for your input. Just checking what would be the tariff chart for hiring from these guys for Ertiga, was it on a daily basis or kms/hr and is it anyway negotiable.

The reason for asking is that I had contacted another operator randomly a few days back and they quoted 3500/ day for a Dzire type car plus GST but they did not clarify how many kms that it would cover.
Old 24th November 2022, 17:37   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Thanks Shankar for your input. Just checking what would be the tariff chart for hiring from these guys for Ertiga, was it on a daily basis or kms/hr and is it anyway negotiable.

The reason for asking is that I had contacted another operator randomly a few days back and they quoted 3500/ day for a Dzire type car plus GST but they did not clarify how many kms that it would cover.
We paid 23000/- for 7 days.
Try and ask the chap to give you the same rate.
Plus we ensured the driver ate his food (lunch) when we did. And we tipped him Rs 2500 at the end of the trip.(~10%) just as a gift.

Overall 3500 per day inclusive of fuel and tolls and parking and driver etc is a steal. We have to value the labour and the effort.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th November 2022 at 17:40.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 11:59   #66
BHPian

Hello All,

Quick query - We are a family of 7 and would like to rent a Tempo Traveller to take us from Bangalore to Coorg for NYE. I trust Siddeshwara Travels but all their TTs are booked for 31st. Do any of you know any reliable agency to rent an AC TT safe for family travel? Your inputs are mush appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 6th February 2024, 11:14   #67
BHPian

Review of Savaari car rentals:
I availed the services of Savaari for my recent trip to Odisha. Booked an Innova (not Crysta) as we were 6 people travelling with 4 big luggage bags. Process was very smooth and when I abandoned my search, I received a call (standard practice with all online companies now!). The lady who called addressed few doubts like what all is included in the package, where will the driver sleep, meals of driver to be taken care by who etc.
On getting satisfactory answers I booked for 2 days, which gave me 500 kms package.
Cost was INR 9886/-.
The driver who picked us up came in a brand new Kia Carens instead. We didn't complain as we realized the space would be similar. Only a roof rack was missing, hence some tussle in managing the luggage space.
We covered Bhubaneshwar to Puri to Konark and back to Bhubaneshwar. I doubt we would have covered more than 200 kms.

I feel an area of improvement which Savaari should work on is the option for travellers to choose the kilometre package as we were offered 500kms and we barely used 200kms.
Overall, the experience was pretty good and Savaari seems to be a reliable choice.
Old 24th February 2024, 21:29   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I used these chaps when we visited Chandigarh and Simla recently. Good clean service. Decent driver. Clean comfy car. Fair price. Transparent dealings.
We took a Maruti Ertiga - Airport to Airport. Very comfortable and spacious.

Here is the link;

+91 73474 83424
Hi Shankar,
I contacted myhimachaltravels for my Amritsar Kalka Simla and drop at Chandigarh circuit for 5 days. They are hesitant to give a breakup and always talk in terms of all inclusive package , is there any sort of agreement \ alignment on the services to be provided for each day based on the itinerary? anything that you would suggest to take care, while engaging them. Thanks a lot , wanted to sure since I would be travelling with elderly parents and kids.
Old 25th February 2024, 09:51   #69
BHPian

Hello!
I am travelling to Vadodara -> Statue of Unity (Ekta Nagar) next month and need a 7-seater for a round trip. It would be great to get some trusted references.

Online taxi sites are overwhelming and difficult to determine what's trustworthy and good. Also, some of the cab operators (local) told me that they have some "special" permit that would allow their cabs inside the SOU campus to all the attractions. Is this legit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks