Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2024, 23:02   #841
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any idea if the Doddahullur (junction near Chintamani road & the nearby industrial estate road SH 35) to Kolathur junction on Old Madras road is also open now?
The interchange at Kolathur has been partially opened. The crucial exit heading towards hoskote still remains closed, most likely due to incomplete roadworks at the end of the exit. I expect this section to open up next week. As of now, you can take the exit towards Kolar and make a u-turn at Paakashala to head towards the city.
TSIVTEC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 06:38   #842
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
The interchange at Kolathur has been partially opened. The crucial exit heading towards hoskote still remains closed, most likely due to incomplete roadworks at the end of the exit. I expect this section to open up next week. As of now, you can take the exit towards Kolar and make a u-turn at Paakashala to head towards the city.
For months, during my drives on the STRR I’d seen the closed sections of Chikka Hullur-Kolathur (even saw bikers practise dangerous wheelies and other stunts here) and the Doddaballapura bypass. I wanted to try these sections since they were just recently opened, but didn’t have enough time for both. I did Hoskote (Via Chintamani road)-Devanahalli and back. On the return I drove past Chikka Hullur and exited at Old Madras road. The ramp towards Bangalore isn’t open yet so took the ramp towards Kolar, made a U turn near Paakashala and returned home. I noticed a huge number of 2 wheeler stunt freaks on the Hoskote-Devanahalli carriageway, they were probably just done with one of their racing/stunt exploits

The clover leaf on Old Madras road is partially open. When coming from Kolar side, one can see a sign for Devanahalli and get on to the STRR. On the other side, I think the ramp to STRR from Bangalore also seemed to be open.

Last edited by NPV : 17th March 2024 at 06:40.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 15:16   #843
BHPian

How to get onto STRR towards Doddaballapura when coming from Chikkaballapur on NH44. There does not seem to be any entry ramp from NH44 south to Doddaballapura. gmaps is not at all helpful here. Are there clear markings on the ground to take newly laid service roads?

I am travelling to Hassan and planning to take following route: Hyderabad --> Chikkaballapur --> Devanahalli --> Doddaballapura --> Nelamangala Town --> Hassan. Any other suggestions?
Old 20th March 2024, 15:29   #844
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
How to get onto STRR towards Doddaballapura when coming from Chikkaballapur on NH44. There does not seem to be any entry ramp from NH44 south to Doddaballapura. gmaps is not at all helpful here. Are there clear markings on the ground to take newly laid service roads?
There isn’t a clover leaf interchange for a seamless connection which is a big miss by NHAI. However, you can make a U turn and then a left turn to get onto the service road for Doddaballapura side of STRR.

When coming from Chikkaballapura, there is a signal before the STRR junction on NH 44 (you will see Nandi Upachar on the right side/opposite carriageway). Just after this signal you pass right under the STRR and after that you need to make a U turn.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 08:11   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Is there a proper interchange between Yelahanka-Dodballapur road and the STRR, coming from Rajanukunte side?
I drove home-Yelahanka-Dodballapur (STRR)-Kolathur (OMR)-Kadugodi-ITPB-home loop yesterday just to see how it is (also to take my new Fastag for its inaugural trip).

Google suggested this route to connect: https://goo.gl/maps/wHJuR4b6c84i4Gyi6 - it took me about 10 mins on Sunday afternoon conditions. It passes through two small villages (Majarahosahalli and Chikkatumkuru) which can be time consuming. Here's my dashcam grab (apologies for the reflection of the non-slip mat):

Quote:
Any idea if the Doddahullur (junction near Chintamani road & the nearby industrial estate road SH 35) to Kolathur junction on Old Madras road is also open now?
Two ramps are open: Devanahalli towards Kolar and reverse. Traffic coming from / going to Hoskote/Bangalore city need to take a U-turn at the gap in median in front of Paakashala/Mayura.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 12:10   #846
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I drove home-Yelahanka-Dodballapur (STRR)-Kolathur (OMR)-Kadugodi-ITPB-home loop yesterday just to see how it is (also to take my new Fastag for its inaugural trip).
….
Two ramps are open: Devanahalli towards Kolar and reverse. Traffic coming from / going to Hoskote/Bangalore city need to take a U-turn at the gap in median in front of Paakashala/Mayura.
So what’s your verdict? Maybe you should try Yelahanka-Dodballapura-Dabaspete as well sometime soon now that the bypass is open at Doddaballapura.

I tried the Kolathur exit and entry during the last couple weeks and liked it.

In other news, during my recent drives on the STRR, couple of messages on the digital signboards caught my attention:
1. Speed limit is capped at 80kmph, though the old speed limit boards showing 100 and the lane markings showing 60, 80, 100 for left to rightmost lanes are still there.

2. Paytm tag users are being warned that they will be charged double toll and also being asked to replace with a different tag provider.

Last edited by NPV : 25th March 2024 at 12:12.
Old 25th March 2024, 12:22   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what’s your verdict? Maybe you should try Yelahanka-Dodballapura-Dabaspete as well sometime soon now that the bypass is open at Doddaballapura.
Oh I've driven Dabaspete-Dodballapura multiple times in the past. Even in times before it was the STRR. Even yesterday I went all the way to Doddabelavagi just to see the bypass in full.

I've decided to leave my choice to the time when the train rolls in at Krishnarajapura. If it arrives on time (wee hours) I will take the Yelahanka route (city delays will be minimal) and if it is delayed I will take the Hoskote route.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 17:51   #848
BHPian

I am underwhelmed by the way STRR is designed by NHAI. I drove from Devanahalli to Doddaballapura 3 days back and from Dabaspete to Devanahalli today. I was expecting a truly access controlled expressway like Hyderabad’s ORR. But villages are directly on the road and are directly accessing the STRR. They should have upgraded some more brownfield sections to elevated 3-lane corridors.

Also Some of the entry and exit ramps are so short that there is no proper engineering involved (eg: exit to take overpass for Nelamangala highway at Doddaballapura coming from Devanahalli). This same design-approach I observed last year on the BLR-Mysuru expressway. Poor solution to land acquisition problem!

Overall they could have better engineered this considering the importance of the project and also from road safety aspects.
Old 28th March 2024, 21:25   #849
BHPian

Drone video of NH-844 Bairamangalam (Hosur south) to Neralur:
darklord is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 08:14   #850
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
He has covered it very well. Only concerns I see are some of the land acquisition related opens near Denkanokottai road. But I think this is still at least a year away from completion.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 10:23   #851
BHPian

Quote:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=a0ERTdOGhJc&t=2040s
Thanks for sharing this video ! He has covered it extensively. I can now understand the road plans better as I travel regularly near Mathigiri X road , Kelamangalam and Denkanikottai roads. I see the construction happening in full swing daily . Hoping the highway gets operational in 2 years or so.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 11:49   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this video. Have seen this person covering the Hosur Baiyappanahalli railway line doubling also. Does it very nicely.

Can we expect a grade seperator at the NH 44 intersection as it will become a major junction once completed?
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 17:13   #853
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Can we expect a grade seperator at the NH 44 intersection as it will become a major junction once completed?
It should be half clover leaf junction as I expect. This is supposed to a major interchange.

Also note the connection to STRR. That's what I meant in my previous post, that even STRR is coming along at a good place till the Denakanikottai road. Its not happening beyond.

Last edited by ampere : 1st April 2024 at 16:22.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 07:54   #854

What a breeze it was to bypass Doddaballapura! From Yelahanka, I joined STRR at the DC Office junction and entered the bypass(avoided Doddballapura rd toll too ). It took just 55 mins to reach Dobaspete from home.
Old 1st April 2024, 10:22   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! Didn't know such a project was ongoing . As the vlogger also says, this would greatly relieve the pressure on the Krishnagiri-Hosur NH44 section.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks