Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2024, 10:21   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Does that mean the Doddaballapura bypass is actually completed? I had taken the STRR on Feb 2; there was no access to the bypass and it was an excruciating 40 minutes to pass through the ~10-12 km this bypass is supposed to avoid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Yes, according to the article all the work from Dabaspet to Hoskote will complete in a week or two. Most of the pending work was between Dabaspet and Doddaballapura so, all of that work is completing now. I guess, we will see inauguration ads soon before the election dates are announced.
The full stretch is accessible now from Dabaspete to Hoskote, including the bypass for Dodballapur. End to end of the open section is around 80 kms.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 10:34   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As of today it would solve North-East-South side problems. But the big one still remains. And if you ask me, thats the most critical one viz. traffic on Nice road.

Unless trucks dont have alternative to reach Dobbaspet from Hosur side, traffic on the Hosur to E-City will wont go down. Hence urgency to quickly build the Hosur-Dobbaspet section.
Even today, won't truckers coming from Krishnagiri or Tumkur side still prefer to take the STRR ring via Hoskote-Doddaballapur-Dabspete to get to Hosur Road/Tumkur Road? Instead of battling their way through Hosur-EC-NICE-Nelamangala sections? It may be quite longer, but I assume will be significantly faster and stress free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The full stretch is accessible now from Dabaspete to Hoskote, including the bypass for Dodballapur. End to end of the open section is around 80 kms.
The Hoskote end Clover Leaf is also open? Or still need to do the Chintamani Road exit and get to Hoskote?
Old 11th March 2024, 10:39   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The full stretch is accessible now from Dabaspete to Hoskote, including the bypass for Dodballapur.
Is there a proper interchange between Yelahanka-Dodballapur road and the STRR, coming from Rajanukunte side? I'm thinking of taking this route instead of the super-frustrating ORR+Tumkur road combo from Marathahalli side towards Hubli/Pune.
Old 11th March 2024, 10:56   #814
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Even today, won't truckers coming from Krishnagiri or Tumkur side still prefer to take the STRR ring via Hoskote-Doddaballapur-Dabspete to get to Hosur Road/Tumkur Road? Instead of battling their way through Hosur-EC-NICE-Nelamangala sections? It may be quite longer, but I assume will be significantly faster and stress free?
Not sure. Need to work this out. It may be a huge detour. But I may not be correct. I was just crudely analysing it as one quadrant vs 3 quadrant traversal. I guess thats too simplistic a viewpoint. The actual distances need to be worked out.
Old 11th March 2024, 11:46   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure. Need to work this out. It may be a huge detour. But I may not be correct. I was just crudely analysing it as one quadrant vs 3 quadrant traversal. I guess thats too simplistic a viewpoint. The actual distances need to be worked out.
Ok now you got me interested to dig a little more . Did a rough calculation on actual distances.
  • The STRR-Hosur Road Intersection to Dabspete via Hosur, NICE Road, Nelamangala shows as roughly 131km.
  • The STRR from Dabspete to Hoskote is 80km and as per the online info, Hoskote to Hosur is another ~55km. So a total of 135km.

So distance wise it is actually the same-which is surprising to me also as I thought the current route will be way shorter. With similar distances, it will become a no brainer to take the STRR.

Not sure if I am overlooking something though.

On Bypassing Bangalore-img20240311wa0002.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 11:47   #816
BHPian

Quote:
This was the old NH 207 which was previously used by truckers to travel from Dobbaspet to Hosur. This was in very bad shape and now the same was slightly altered and expanded and made STRR as I understand
Old 11th March 2024, 11:58   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Hoskote end Clover Leaf is also open? Or still need to do the Chintamani Road exit and get to Hoskote?
The Hoskote end is still only till Chintamani road.

Quote:
Is there a proper interchange between Yelahanka-Dodballapur road and the STRR, coming from Rajanukunte side? I'm thinking of taking this route instead of the super-frustrating ORR+Tumkur road combo from Marathahalli side towards Hubli/Pune.
No interchange at Yelahanka- Dodballapur. I didn’t notice an exit or entry either for this road.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 16:40   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Great! Now I want to see reduced traffic between Dabaspet and Bengaluru, and on NICE road too.
Old 11th March 2024, 17:18   #819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
This was the old NH 207 which was previously used by truckers to travel from Dobbaspet to Hosur. This was in very bad shape and now the same was slightly altered and expanded and made STRR as I understand
I understand the NH207 background. I used to love driving on that stretch. They have re-aligned it and definitely will help. I guess even with the extra detour it would be worth taking it and that too without any city traffic to intrude.

The last I remember reading was all the tenders on the KA-TN Border at Anekal via Bannerghatta, Kanakpura, Ramnagar, Magadi were canceled. That was few months ago. So not sure of the back ground and also current status of the same.
Old 11th March 2024, 19:03   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Unless trucks dont have alternative to reach Dobbaspet from Hosur side, traffic on the Hosur to E-City will wont go down. Hence urgency to quickly build the Hosur-Dobbaspet section.

Of course that does not mean Hosur-Hoskote is less critical!
Isn't Hosur-Hoskote section a subset of Hosur-Dobbespet section anyway? Or are you saying that Hosur to E-city will not ease out as it still needs to be taken to reach Kanakapura or Mysore via NICE ?
Old 11th March 2024, 19:23   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a Hosur native for 4 decades I can say only reason why truckers use the kuccha STRR Vs the fancy NICE/EC/Attibele is economics.

Rural cops are cheaper to bribe compared to swanky city cops, One! And Two - the toll from Nelamangala to get into Hosur is simply atrocious for truckers. Their owners care a damn once the trucker nears the state exit. In a day or two the truck will be inside TN or KA (vice versa). Drivers too get to make some extra bucks, win-win for owners & drivers. Hosakote Malur Bagalur Hosur road be dammed, it can swallow a whole truck during monsoon.
Old 11th March 2024, 19:46   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
if you are planning to get to Hubli from Marathahalli, why do you need to get onto Yelahanka - Dodballapur main road? To answer your Q, there is no interchange as the Dodballapur bypass is still WIP.
Old 11th March 2024, 20:44   #823
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After Rajanakunte, you get the SH 9 toll plaza and soon you will see the STRR on either side but that section isn’t open (it’s the Doddaballapura bypass), so continue straight and turn left onto the old 207 and turn left, you will eventually get to the railway over bridge and then turn left to go towards Dabaspete (straight goes towards Gauribidanur). After 3-4 Km you will see the STRR on the left and you need to take a deviation to join the STRR (somewhere around Athreya college), see gmaps in satellite mode and you will understand what I’m saying. Once you get on to the STRR, it’s good almost till you reach Dabaspete barring a few short stretches where you need to be on service road around Belavangala etc.

I took the STRR from Hoskote all the way to Dabaspete and then drove to my destination in Tumkur. This route overall added about 45 kilometres compared to regular Yeshwantpur route but it took almost same time around 2h:20m

Last edited by NPV : 11th March 2024 at 20:59.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 20:49   #824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Isn't Hosur-Hoskote section a subset of Hosur-Dobbespet section anyway? Or are you saying that Hosur to E-city will not ease out as it still needs to be taken to reach Kanakapura or Mysore via NICE ?
I was thinking Krishnagiri to Tumkur would be more efficient through STRR via Kaanakpura-Magadi side instead of STRR via Hoskote-Devanahalli. But I guess we need to work this out and find the actual reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
if you are planning to get to Hubli from Marathahalli, why do you need to get onto Yelahanka - Dodballapur main road? To answer your Q, there is no interchange as the Dodballapur bypass is still WIP.

It still helps. Yelahanka-Doddaballapur is a nice 4-lane. And there on to Dobbaspet via STRR would be seamless rather than enduring Yashwantpur-Nelamangala-Dobbaspet. That was the point @airguitar was making about Bangalore residents getting access to highways easily compared to as it stands today. And ideally yes, there should be a means to access the STRR from Doddaballapur road.

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2024 at 20:50.
Old 11th March 2024, 22:25   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
if you are planning to get to Hubli from Marathahalli, why do you need to get onto Yelahanka - Dodballapur main road?
In my opinion, that route is far better in terms of time and stress when compared to Jalahalli-Yeshwantpura-Nelamangala route - assuming connecting from SH 9 to STRR is quick and painless. Last time I took it crossing Dodballapura was a big pain in its own right - though I made better time than coming through Nelamangala.

I'm going to Shimoga via the Hiriyur-Tarikere link, btw. Not Hubli.

My time of travel and intermediate stops are such that the through-city route of Trinity-Cubbon Park-Sankey tank is ruled out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks