Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 19:29   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Folks,

Can you please guide me on how to bypass Bangalore? I will be driving in a fortnight towards Coimbatore from Hyderabad. Beyond Banglaore I will take either Horur, Krishnagiri, Salem route or may drive through Thoppur, Mettur, Sathy.

I request you to guide me to bypass Bangalore. Please provide the exact turns and landmarks because I will be driving alone.

I did this route around 18 months back, but due to the ever-changing landscape of Bangalore city, I need help.

Thank you.
Look at the first post of this thread. I have pointers to HVK's turn by turn instructions on how from NH7 at Devanahalli
you can go via a combination of NH207, BIAL (Bangalire International Airport Ltd) road and SH35 (Varthur road).
Old 14th December 2011, 19:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
(keeping in mind the ever-confusing Krishnarajapuram interchange with NH4)

If you take ring road, keep left at Krishnarajapuram else you may end up in Old Madras Road (Flyover)
Old 14th December 2011, 19:46   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Look at the first post of this thread.
I did read that. But it is almost 2 years old. Hence the question if any other better road connecting Hoskote. Thank you very much.
Old 14th December 2011, 20:20   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did read that. But it is almost 2 years old. Hence the question if any other better road connecting Hoskote. Thank you very much.
I think situation is pretty much the same. In fact I think it has improved with the BIAL road connection to NH4.

Overall summarty still remains the same:

For NH7-Hyd side entry to NH-7 Hosur Exit:

Turn left at Devanahalli,
Take NH207, Turn on to BIAL road, cut at NH4, Turn to Hoskote for 2km take the SH35,
Go through Varthur, and there on to Domasandra, Sarjapur and Attibele.

Route : link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 10:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Can you please guide me on how to bypass Bangalore? I will be driving in a fortnight towards Coimbatore from Hyderabad. Beyond Banglaore I will take either Horur, Krishnagiri, Salem route or may drive through Thoppur, Mettur, Sathy.

I request you to guide me to bypass Bangalore. Please provide the exact turns and landmarks because I will be driving alone.

I did this route around 18 months back, but due to the ever-changing landscape of Bangalore city, I need help.

Thank you.

I would suggest taking NH207 from Devanahalli to Sarjapur and Hosur. The route to be followed is as below

1. Get into Devanahalli town after chikkabalapur, then take a left opp Bus stand in Devnahalli

2. Take NH 207 and after 5 kms you will find a road to white field. There is a big signboard on the directions at the junction.Take a left here and proceed to NH4

3.On this road, you will cross Budigere, Baldwin international school and then you will join NH4.

4. Take a left on NH4 and proceed for next couple of kilometers towards Hoskote. At the next flyover, go under it and take a right to proceed to whitefield by taking SH35. Take the route Whitefield-Varthur-Gunjur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Atibele- Hosur.
3. Th
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 11:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Thank you.
I did try out this bypass option once during my upteen drives to kerala,but frankly I found it a bit time consuming because of the number of turns one needs to keep in mind.I guess once you know the turns this must be an easier way.Maybe because I am so tuned to taking the normal route via the city that I found going via this new route to be tedious(I know its just a mind thing!).I take the outer ring road from Hebbal and go all the way till Sarjapur and then connect to the Silk Board signal on Hosur road.I found this to be a good option.Yes traffic is omnipresent,but moving traffic

Devanahalli, Karnataka to Bangalore Elevated Tollway Limited - Google Maps

Are you planning to reach CBE on the same day?Make sure you leave Hyd by 4am then if you want to reach CBE in daylight.You should be at Silkboard Junction by 1pm with some spirited driving.you would be at Salem GRT by 430 and at Coimbatore airport by 730-8.

The GHAR Dhaba at Gooty has closed down.You could target for lunch at Krishna Bhavan or Kamat or A2B at Shoolagiri after Hosur.

There is also a new Annalakshmi & Sre Aaryas thats opened up at Perundurai.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 11:53   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
I would suggest taking NH207 from Devanahalli to Sarjapur and Hosur. The route to be followed is as below
@Suresh,

I think the road you are referring to is the BIAL road (and not the complete NH207) which would hit NH4 2 km before the SH35 turning.
(This is much before Hoskote, where NH207 would lead you to).

Hence the trick is to look for the BIAL road direction few km down Devanahalli town. Continue on NH207 would lead to Hoskote town.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Thank you.
My consistent route to enter city from Hyderabad.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2289693

The last part which was in that post(flyover being one way) is no longer valid. It is open both ways now. Other things remain the same.
The later part from what is described in this post depends on what time you are planning to enter Bangalore.
Based on that, you can go through Varthur->Sarjapur->Attibele or through ORR.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 00:28   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Suresh,

I think the road you are referring to is the BIAL road (and not the complete NH207) which would hit NH4 2 km before the SH35 turning.
(This is much before Hoskote, where NH207 would lead you to).

Hence the trick is to look for the BIAL road direction few km down Devanahalli town. Continue on NH207 would lead to Hoskote town.
Thanks for the clarification. I was not able to recall the road name and hence mentioned that one has take a right after 5 kms on NH 207.
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 18:31   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my friend is driving to coimbatore from hyderabad. He would like to know whether taking Hebbal-Yeshwantpur-Tumkur Road-Nice Road-Electronic will help reducing the travel time? OR the below route through Devanahalli-Sarjapur?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1711006
Old 20th December 2011, 19:20   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One of my friend is driving to coimbatore from hyderabad. He would like to know whether taking Hebbal-Yeshwantpur-Tumkur Road-Nice Road-Electronic will help reducing the travel time? OR the below route through Devanahalli-Sarjapur?
Definitely the Sarjapur road option.
The one via NICE too big a roundabout.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 19:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

He can turn left towards NH207 from Devanahalli towards Hoskote which is about 30km and easily doable at 70-80kmph speed, he will be joining Hoskote near a police station to his left, then head towards Hope Farm cicle, then passing by Whitefield, Varthur, Gunjur, Dommasandra, Yamare, Sarjapur, Attibele and join Hosur which will be around 50km from Hoskote and the whole stretch is in good condition and it should take about an hour or an extra 15 minutes to reach Hosur. I travel on these stretch regularly and they are easily doable in an hour's time plus it also reduces quite a lot of distance also.

Last edited by deehunk : 20th December 2011 at 19:53.
Old 20th December 2011, 20:07   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
He can turn left towards NH207 from Devanahalli towards Hoskote which is about 30km and easily doable at 70-80kmph speed, he will be joining Hoskote near a police station to his left, then head towards Hope Farm cicle, then passing by Whitefield, Varthur, Gunjur, Dommasandra, Yamare, Sarjapur, Attibele and join Hosur which will be around 50km from Hoskote and the whole stretch is in good condition and it should take about an hour or an extra 15 minutes to reach Hosur. I travel on these stretch regularly and they are easily doable in an hour's time plus it also reduces quite a lot of distance also.
@deehunk, Instead of going all the way to Hoskote, wont it be easier to latch on to BIAL
road and hit NH4 just before Varthur road and continue on SH35 all the way toward Varthur/Sarjapur. This way you do much less distance,

Also how is NH207 status from Devanahalli to Hoskote?

Distance vice both are almost same, but BIAL road I though was much better

1. Via Hoskote

2. Via BIAL Road
Old 21st December 2011, 09:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Ampere, I did a bangalore bidar trip via Hyderabad 2 weeks back, I stay in Chandapura and took the Hoskote Devanahalli route via whitefield, the roads are wider than normal SH and is in good condition and not much humps, we started from our house at 6.30pm and were able to reach Devanahalli around 7.45pm distance 66km, advantage is there is less traffic on this stretch.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 09:25   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Ampere, I did a bangalore bidar trip via Hyderabad 2 weeks back, I stay in Chandapura and took the Hoskote Devanahalli route via whitefield, the roads are wider than normal SH and is in good condition and not much humps, we started from our house at 6.30pm and were able to reach Devanahalli around 7.45pm distance 66km, advantage is there is less traffic on this stretch.
BY whitefield, I hope you mean, you drive down to Varthur (via Domasandra Varthur road) till the Hope Farm Junction.
There you turn night and go till the NH207 Y junction and continue to Hoskote?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks