Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 22:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

I had driven from Mandya to Belur cross as I had to go to a temple in Nagamangala.This road is good and very scenic too traffic very sparse.But should be careful about the tractors.Night drive on this stretch not advisable.
For those who want to cross from Hassan highway to Hyderabad highway this stretch from Solur-Dobbaspet-Dodaballapur-Devanahalli is a good road I had travelled 2months back

Last edited by gajadonga : 27th June 2010 at 22:19.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Mysore to NH7 (Hyd) and Vice Versa

The point I raised about NH4 is also equally valid about NH7.
Some folks would directly like to bypass Bangalore and arrive at Mysore for journey break to proceed to other places.

Here is an option which seems good, but needs to certified by experts.

1. At Somandepalle on NH7 divert to Hindupur.
2. Drive down via Gauribidanur and Koratagere to Tumkur.
3. From Tumkur you can take the the option as explained in the previous post.
(Tumkur, Kunigal, Maddur-Mysore)

It is a debatable topic whether to avoid Bangalore or not for this case.
I leave this open to all. I have driven from Tumkur-Koratgere and it looked OK. This will be extended to Hindipur (via Gauribidanur ) and then on to Somandepalle.

Here is the route map and link.

Sayyaji Rao Rd to Unknown road - Google Maps

On Bypassing Bangalore-nh7mysoresh17.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2010 at 11:12.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:22   #18
Team-BHP Support

LONG By-Pass NH7 Hosur Enttry - NH4 Kolar Exit

This applies for folks who want to travel from NH7 (south) towards Tirupathi.
They can use NH219 from Krishnagiri to Palamaner, which by-passes Bangalore totally.
Please note that some sections are desolate.

Attached is the snapshot.
On Bypassing Bangalore-nh7hosurnh4kolar.jpg

Here is the link to the discussion thread on the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ishnagiri.html

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2010 at 15:25.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:10   #19
BHPian

@amp : very useful thread. I wish I had this thread about 3 years ago when I was constantly looking to beat the BLR traffic.

For years now, NH 207 has been an artery of sorts for me : helping avoid traffic mess. I do think this road is underused by BLR city folks( so folks living in villages on the outskirts like me own this road )

These days the stretch between Dobaspet and Doddaballapur is not as good as it used to be. Some stretches are good while in a few seconds you'll find yourself screeching to a halt in front of craters. The stretch between Doddaballapur and Hoskote is smooth though. To reach Hosur, I usually continue on the same NH 207 ( some stretches past Hoskote is beign worked upon so still metally ) to deviate to Hopefarm or the Kadugodi flyover off NH 4 to Varthur ( minor hold ups at Hopefarm and Varthur guaranteed always esp sundays at varthur) but is a better option than the road through Malur ( the stretch b/w Malur and Bagalur was a big mess, One 10- km stretch used to take 30 -45 minutes , until 2 months back after which I refrain from taking that road).

Varthur : Sarjapur circle : Attibele has been my formula for quite sometime now.
Old 2nd October 2010, 08:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Thanks @AG for the updates. That surely helps.

1. Sad to know about the NH207 update between Dobbaspet and Dodaballapur. I had driven through this section 4-5 months back and it was very good! One could easily do 80-90.

2. Between Devanahalli and Hoskote do you need that big a roundabout to by-pass Bangalore? If you are going to Kolar then yes. But for down South I think not. (Meanwhile I have also read about roads to Chintamani which runs parallel to NH4 and which folks have used to drive down to Tirupati)

I thought the BIAL road is much better which you get into very soon off NH207 after Devanahalli town.
This will lead you to SH35 (Varthur road).

Totally agree on traffic hold-up at Varthur. The market is pretty crowded on Sundays!

3. About the section between Bagalur and Malur : I thought there is only one bad patch (which is quite bad). But the rest is pretty OK. Worth by-passing NH4 to Kolar. I used it in July while going to Tirupati and was very much satisfied. Not sure if has degraded off late.
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:36   #21
BHPian

Yeh, I take the road almost every weekend twice. Just came back from my Devarayanadurga/Namada Chilume drive a while back on the same road; it's going from bad to worse. But this time, I'm seeing patchwork happening on the craters; not the best, but still promising. You still can do the 80-90 kmph on some stretches. But the stretch b/w Muddalinganahalli RLy crossing and Doddaballapur RLy crossing is bad.

For 2 : I stay in Hoskote. So.

And the parallel to Tirupathi is via Chintamani bypass, Madanapalle and Tirupathi. About 20 kms more and you need to bear the odd craters till Madanapalle. ( I've not done the Madanapalle -> Tirupathi stretch though ; anyone knows ?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks @AG for the updates. That surely helps.

1. Sad to know about the NH207 update between Dobbaspet and Dodaballapur. I had driven through this section 4-5 months back and it was very good! One could easily do 80-90.

2. Between Devanahalli and Hoskote do you need that big a roundabout to by-pass Bangalore? If you are going to Kolar then yes. But for down South I think not. (Meanwhile I have also read about roads to Chintamani which runs parallel to NH4 and which folks have used to drive down to Tirupati)
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:42   #22
Team-BHP Support

OK That explains the Hoskote part!

I saw a Tirupati route update (I think it was Addy who took that route.).
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
3. About the section between Bagalur and Malur : I thought there is only one bad patch (which is quite bad).
@amp : awesome that you know this road! That's precisely the stretch I was referring to : I lose about 20 mins on that stretch and it's bumpy bad.
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:46   #24
Team-BHP Support

I actually loved that stretch. For folks staying in South Bangalore, its a perfect way to by-pass the diversion prone and slushy NH4 between Bangalore-Kolar.

Esp. Malur-Kolar is a beauty to drive!
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I actually loved that stretch. For folks staying in South Bangalore, its a perfect way to by-pass the diversion prone and slushy NH4 between Bangalore-Kolar.

Esp. Malur-Kolar is a beauty to drive!

Slightly OT : But there are is a nice place to Visit near Malur : It's called Shivarapatna and one gets to see families of sculptors who carry on their tradition. A village of sculptors - hope you saw that on your Malur-Kolar drive.
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

No I could not spot them. I was against time to reach Tirupati.

And you know what happens to folks who stop many times to take snaps!
Questions and Looks froms passenger seats!
Old 11th January 2011, 21:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

NICE Entry to NH& HYD Exit / Vice Versa

Adding other logistics.

NICE road forms a major portion of the Southern Bangalore By-Pass. NICE to NH7 (HYD Side) is often found wanting which many folks are not aware off.
Based on what Nandan and Luke mentioned (Thanks to them), here I am updating this section to Bypas NICE to NH7 (Hyd side) and vice versa.

1. From NICE Exit on at Tumkur road, get on the elevated Toll road towards Nelamangala.

2. Once the toll road ends come down and take U.

3. On your left you will see a fork which leads to Nelamangala Police station and from there on to SH74 to Doddaballapur.
Take this road drive to Doddaballapur.

4. At Doddaballapur take the NH207 to Devenahalli and there on latch on to NH7.

Route Snapshot:
On Bypassing Bangalore-nicenh7.jpg

Here is the Google Link:

NICE Road to NH7 and Vice Versa

Last edited by ampere : 11th January 2011 at 21:04.
Old 15th January 2011, 19:20   #28
Team-BHP Support

Re: NICE Entry-NH7 Exit

Over the weekend figured out an easier way to get into this SH. When getting out of the NH4 elevated toll road and the point where one has to take a left for Hassan (entering NH48). Just take the right thereand you are on the Doddaballpur SH. At Doddaballapur, take the NH207 to Devenahalli and from there you are on !

The SH was in pretty decent shape till I drove (I drove till the railway crossing).
Old 18th January 2011, 12:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

I travelled from Devanahalli to Sarjapur 2 weeks back.
Roads are good.
The best part is the Whitefield flyover over the Baba ashram which saves some time than waiting at the busy railway gate.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:43   #30
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I travelled from Devanahalli to Sarjapur 2 weeks back.
Roads are good.
The best part is the Whitefield flyover over the Baba ashram which saves some time than waiting at the busy railway gate.
Yes that was taking quite some time. Its much better now, with the flyover in place. That road (Varthur road/SH35) is much much better than 207. With dividers it makes an easy. And since this road is perpendicular to the Whitefield main road, I have not seen that heavy traffic. Only folks who either want to goto BIAL or take the highway end up on that road.

Very few folks take this detour to go back to ITPL (In fact its a good option to bypass AECS layout and Mahadevpura)

My logic of the Devenahalli-Nelamangala SH is that any folks driving to/from Msyore/Kanakpura/Hassan and ending/starting in NH7 (Hyderabad side), can take SH and easily by-pass Bangalore traffic and land on their exit very-very fast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks