Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:49   #31
BHPian

Re: A Hill Station around Delhi for 5 days in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
If you are with Kid and wife than avoid travelling in UP for complete week of Holi. You never know in which lane and which highway drunken goons will stop you and ask for money. It will be tough to pass them with lady and kid on-board.Its better to be safe and avoid it. In any case Chail is good option.
Yeah, that's what my thought was. Not too fond of travelling through UP anyway and we've visited Nainital before.
Old 10th April 2014, 23:02   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can someone update on the current road conditions from Delhi to Nainital & upto Munsiyari, as well as from Shimla to higher destinations.

I am planning a 5 day tour in May 1st week to hill station from Delhi.
I will be driving my Dzire diesel, will be travelling with my wife & want to have a nice peaceful relaxing vacation.
We are not much intro trekking/adventure. But a 2-3 hours trek offering good views would be good.

I am stuck in two options, one is towards shimla (shogi, solan, chail, kalpa, chitkul) & other is towards nainital (mukteshwar, binsar, chaukori, munsiyari).

I have been to Kasauli recently, so I know that the roads till around Shimla are great. So, that is the reason I am inclined a little towards Shimla side, but I have heard that the views from Chaukori-Munsiyari are better.

What would be a good itinerary, if I do not want to drive for more than 8 hours in any single day?
Old 3rd September 2018, 17:54   #33
BHPian

Hi Guys

Planning a 3 days trip near delhi for some relaxation only. I have 3 yr old with two of us in our car. Will be driving it myself. Please suggest a hill station and a nice resort within 300kms of delhi(dont want to do more than 7 -8 hr on one side considering the kid).

Some of the options in my mind are

- Kasauli
- Nahan
- Lansdowne
- Parwanoo
- Timber Trail Resort
- Chail
- Kufri
- Narkanda
- Binsar
- Punjabiyat, Amritsar(exception, not a hill station but still keeping it as a choice)

I am specifically looking for recommendations on good resorts/hotels to spend peaceful and enjoyable time with family. Budget 3k-10k per night

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 20:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Guys

Planning a 3 days trip near delhi for some relaxation only. I have 3 yr old with two of us in our car. Will be driving it myself.
I would suggest postponing your holiday because of the incessant rainfall and the risk of landslides due to the current weather.
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Guys

Planning a 3 days trip near delhi for some relaxation only. I have 3 yr old with two of us in our car. Will be driving it myself. Please suggest a hill station and a nice resort within 300kms of delhi(dont want to do more than 7 -8 hr on one side considering the kid).

Some of the options in my mind are

- Kasauli
- Nahan
- Lansdowne
- Parwanoo
- Timber Trail Resort
- Chail
- Kufri
- Narkanda
- Binsar
- Punjabiyat, Amritsar(exception, not a hill station but still keeping it as a choice)

I am specifically looking for recommendations on good resorts/hotels to spend peaceful and enjoyable time with family. Budget 3k-10k per night

Thanks
I would suggest have a look at a small place called Jamta, about 20 kms beyond Nahan as you turn towards Renuka. Its an excellent property at the top of the hill and has a swimming pool as well as some nice forest walks around. You can even go for a small picnic to Renuka Jee lake for a day.
Old 24th September 2018, 19:29   #36
BHPian

Is it advisable rather possible to visit Spiti valley during 1st or 2nd week of October in light of the situation there(rains)?
Pl advise, as I'd will be traveling with a 3.5 year old.
Old 24th September 2018, 21:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Is it advisable rather possible to visit Spiti valley during 1st or 2nd week of October in light of the situation there(rains)?
Pl advise, as I'd will be traveling with a 3.5 year old.
4 BHPians are stuck in Kaza from 2 days, things are not good as of now, they will try an leave for Kalpa tomorrow if weather permits. It was snowing and raining all day today, there is no electricity.

Lots of landslides reported between Tabo and Kaza, Malling is unstable.

Will get to more once they are back. I will suggest to put your plans on hold for now.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed