Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 12:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
GD, as per the directions you gave me, i am assuming it is somewhere near the circled spot in the below map. Right?
Attachment 417821
Absolutely correct. 150/- to 200/- per day for activa
Old 5th September 2010, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Get out of the rlw stn and turn left at the crossing (farmacia teles is at the corner). On the right of this road after 30 40 meters is a shop that hires out bikes. he is quite reasonable.
have a great time.
GD,
Is this guy near Bank of India or Karma Plaza. Some of my friends had asked me this question as well.

Last edited by Rajiv-Bang : 5th September 2010 at 19:56.
Old 6th September 2010, 13:06   #18
BHPian

GD, thanks again! The information you shared will be very helpful. I will be off to Goa this Friday and be on the look out for a detailed travelogue by Wed/Thu.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv it is close to both these places, about 100 meters towards MPT club.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Rajiv it is close to both these places, about 100 meters towards MPT club.
Thanks goandude, this will definitely be of help
Old 7th September 2010, 12:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Aditya, i also stayed at CSM on my honeymoon. The resort is great but i didn't like the food they served.
Oh is it KKG, I liked CSM a lot, me and my friends have been regulars there from past few years. If we stay in Baga, it's CSM.. I guess, I liked the food there because we hadn't found any other decent Veg restaurant on that road yet.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Extreme Torque.

This is the best time of the year to visit this place.Goa is at its most beautiful during the monsoons. The rainy season in Goa is simply a magical experience.

The real beauty and grandeur of Goa is at its height during the rainy season when it offers you a plethora of unique experiences.

If you have time, please visit Mayem Lake. I always do this when i go to Goa.

Take the old Goa road from Panji and you will see Ribander ferry dock.Take this ferry across beautiful Mandovi river which goes to island of chorao.This ferry is run by Govt of Goa, hence they do not charge for passengers and two wheelers.

After you reach choroa island, you could ask for directions and reach mayem lake, which is apprx 7 kms from Choroa island. GTDC runs a resort on the Mayem lake and the food is average.

Bicholim is a small town next to Mayem lake and you could find 1-2 small restaurents for veg food.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 7th September 2010 at 12:15. Reason: Edit
Old 7th September 2010, 17:40   #23
BHPian

Waseem, thanks! I will try to cover the mayem lake in this trip.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

ET--Osborne is a great place to stay and you seem to have got a good deal. But is that the price for 3 days or one? I recall we paid Rs 1000 per day last September end.

It has a good swimming pool and serves good breakfast. You can have lunch and dinner also there, if needed.

There are lots of eat joints in the vicinity, and Kamat veg restaurant is only a walk of 5 minutes from it---it is housed in a luxurious resort, and looks a bit pricey.

You will get water sports at Dona Paula jetty, around 20 kms away. It is close to Panjim, near the Raj Bhavan.
Old 8th September 2010, 23:32   #25
BHPian

@ET - Try Goa Hotels: Sharanam Green Resort Goa | Luxurious Beach Resort Hotel In Goa | Hangouts
This is a pure veg joint, also Little Italy http://www.littleitaly.in/ this is also veg only. This is somewhere in Candolim, (pls remeber there are atleast 4 - 5 Little Italy's)

Aso Here is another link
VEGETARIAN, Goa - Restaurants - VirtualTourist

And Lastly http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...out-goa-3.html
Old 9th September 2010, 00:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
ET--Osborne is a great place to stay and you seem to have got a good deal. But is that the price for 3 days or one? I recall we paid Rs 1000 per day last September end.
It has a good swimming pool and serves good breakfast. You can have lunch and dinner also there, if needed.
There are lots of eat joints in the vicinity, and Kamat veg restaurant is only a walk of 5 minutes from it---it is housed in a luxurious resort, and looks a bit pricey.
You will get water sports at Dona Paula jetty, around 20 kms away. It is close to Panjim, near the Raj Bhavan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@ET - Try Goa Hotels: Sharanam Green Resort Goa | Luxurious Beach Resort Hotel In Goa | Hangouts
This is a pure veg joint, also Little Italy http://www.littleitaly.in/ this is also veg only. This is somewhere in Candolim, (pls remeber there are atleast 4 - 5 Little Italy's)
Aso Here is another link
VEGETARIAN, Goa - Restaurants - VirtualTourist
And Lastly http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...out-goa-3.html
vnabhi, that is loads of info on eateries you gave me. Thanks buddy. The deal of Rs. 1714 is for all 3 nights put together. Travelguru had this deal on - book for 3 nights and get the 3rd free. I am a hardcore foodie. I will try out all places you and the others listed! Thanks again!
Old 15th September 2010, 14:35   #27
BHPian

Folks, thanks for your advice! Here is the TL: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...goanomics.html
Old 17th January 2012, 19:05   #28
BHPian

Re: Budget vacation - Goa

Hi All,

I'm reviving an older thread as I think my queries fit into the "Goa Travellers's FAQ" zone. Well, As I said, I'm planning a trip to Goa - budget is tight and I am also taking my wife (who has never been to Goa).

The plan is to rent a bike (read Honda Activa) and try and cover as much as possible in 4 days' time. Another thing is - we are visiting Goa during the 2012 Carnival. the plan is to be there by 16th Feb and leave on 20th Feb.

Here are some of my questions. Request the kind locals of Goa / Panaji (and the experience of other helpful Team BHP members) to answer these:
  1. We plan to stay in Panaji as we get to visit both North and South Goa without bias - Any recommendations?
  2. Where can I rent a Honda Activa in and around Panaji (MG Road Area .. close to the Bus Stand). I read in another thread started by Sam Kapasi about a person called Damian. Any other suggestions?
  3. What's the cost per day? Is there any peak-season charge extra during the carnival time?
  4. Is is advisable to travel to North / South Goa on our own during the carnival - Will the roads be blocked / will there be diversions ...etc etc .. ?
  5. Any shady places / areas to avoid - if yes, time after which to avoid ?
  6. Things I must MANDATORILY check before I rent the Activa (papers, etc?)
  7. Is there any option to get "insurance" for the Rental Period ?
  8. Anything else I may have left out?

Thanks a ton for your help ... Appreciate it!
Old 6th February 2012, 12:06   #29
BHPian

Hi Mods,
I'm bumping this thread as there are no responses even after 15 odd days. I would like to have my questions answered by Goans / people who are familiar with Goa. Please move the thread to another section if required...
Old 6th February 2012, 13:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Hi Mods,
I'm bumping this thread as there are no responses even after 15 odd days. I would like to have my questions answered by Goans / people who are familiar with Goa. Please move the thread to another section if required...
  1. I suggest you to stay beachside. What is the point of going to Goa and staying in hotel in the city!
  2. You can rent bikes are every nook and corner in Goa. Just be careful about the return timings. They charge you for additional day if you are late by 1 hour or so.
  3. Cost about 250 per day. If you are taking for 4 days, can try and strike a deal for little less. Say 200 ~ 225 per day
  4. Travelling between north and south is not a problem but its better that u stay for 2 days in south and 2 days in north. You will spend too much time doing up and down if centerally located (Panaji).
  5. General safety rules to be followed
  6. Usually, there will be no papers. Just check for fuel, tank is always dry. You can buy fuel from the renter itself.
  7. Not required
  8. Always tank up at a fuel pump. You dont find many pumps and loose fuel is expensive based on the time of the day.
Have a good vacation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks