Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-25.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogee (Post 3647534)
Thanks hillsnrains, Although I'm not sure what to expect on this route, I'm going ahead and taking this route this friday. I'll update about the road conditions so that you can decide on taking this route for your next trip.

Yogee, I wish you all the best for your trip :thumbs up

Please do keep some buffer time for your journey, as these routes are not much explored. If you start early from Bangalore say 5 AM, you can stop for breakfast in Madanapalli and lunch in Markapur.

If you have some time and interest you can also visit some temples (Chennakesava swamy Temple, Kadapa Darga etc). Especially Markapur temple is very famous and was built in 1400's AD by Vijayanagara kings.
This temple also having musical pillars like Hampi.

Let me know if you need any help now or when your are travelling through this route.

As planned, I took the below route on 20th Feb and I must say it was worth taking this route. I definitely enjoyed the drive.

Bangalore-Madanapalle- Kadapa- Mydukur - Porumamila- Macherla -Dachepalle- Miriyalaguda- Kodad

I'm sure not many would have travelled this route. so just updating the road photos for the benefit of all. It saved me 100 km in distance over the normal route via Hyderabad ORR and also the route has better scenery as compared to the NH7 to Hyderabad. it took me around 13 hrs of driving time for the 655 km.

Hoskote to Chintamani section:

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15321.jpg

Madanapalle to Kadapa

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15329.jpg
Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15331.jpg

Porunamila to Markapur

This is the only bad section of road for around 5 km with single lane road and big potholes on both sides.

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15349.jpg

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15355.jpg

Other than this, the entire route is having good surface with 2 lanes and speed of 80 can be maintained for all the route due to very less oncoming traffic. The only forced stoppages on this route will be these Sheep crossings.

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15347.jpg

Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-sdc15362.jpg

I took a short detour to Markapur town to visit the Chennakesava temple.

On my return, I took the usual route via Hyderabad on 23rd Feb as I had some work in Hyderabad. Started from Hyderabad at 4:40 am and reached Marathahalli by 12:45 with around 1 hr break for breakfast and tea. But I would definitely recommend this off-beat route if anybody is travelling anywhere around the route I mentioned above.

Hello Team, I am planning for a Bangalore - Vijayawada - Jeypore trip in April.

Vehicle: Xylo
Driver: Solo

I am debating if I should take the HYD route or Tirupati. Any suggestions, information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi mates... read thru the previous posts and spoke with few people. Heres my plan

Whitefield => HYD => Suryapet => Vijayawada (Day1)
Vijayawada => Rajahmundry => Vizianagaram => Jeypore (Day2)

Its a relaxed drive, solo driver. Driving with Wife and kid.

Your thoughts and experience will definitely help me.

Thanks in advance.

A quick update for the route:
Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Vijaywada -> Vizag -> Bhubneshwar -> Kolkata
I needed to relocate to Kolkata from Bangalore recently (in January); I completed the stretch with my family (wife, daughter and our golden retriever Penny).
Day 1 : 9th January
Started from Yelahanka Doddaballpura Road at 12:30PM reached Ameerpet Hyderabad at 9PM. Stayed at Hotel Silver Park. Road conditions were excellent throughout except Kannur where some road work is going on.
Day 2: 10th January
Started from Hyderabad 10:30AM reached Vizag at 9:30PM. This was with very large breaks as we needed to make sure our daughter is getting enough food & rest. Also Penny was acting crazy and needed to take break for her every 1:30 Hrs. Road condition is mixed with mostly great roads, we got stuck in huge traffic jams in and around Vijaywada city.
Day 3: 11th January
Started at 9AM from hotel and completed the whole route in 8 Hrs; two breaks for daughter and Penny both more than 30mins and 1 late lunch break at A1 dhaba. It was good food and best value for money. Reached Bhubaneshar around 5PM. Stayed at Hotel Venus Inn.
Day 4: 12th January
Started at 6:30AM from Hotel Venus Inn reached Behala, Kolkata at 3:00PM. Again with lots of big breaks one in NH 60 and other at Sher-e-Punjub dhaba. NH 60 is still in bad shape (I did this route on October 2014 and it had not improved) .
Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atishpanda (Post 3660056)
Hello Team, I am planning for a Bangalore - Vijayawada - Jeypore trip in April.

Vehicle: Xylo
Driver: Solo

I am debating if I should take the HYD route or Tirupati. Any suggestions, information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Regular route via Tirupati is fine. No need to go through Hyderabad unless one wants to drive 200 odd Km extra. Will be going to Vizag in May 2015 using the Tirupati route only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 3664443)
Regular route via Tirupati is fine. No need to go through Hyderabad unless one wants to drive 200 odd Km extra. Will be going to Vizag in May 2015 using the Tirupati route only.

I agree that through Hyderabad it will 150-200 KM extra, but I am under the impression that Tirupati route is without divider and lots of villages in between which really slows down the movement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atishpanda (Post 3664582)
I agree that through Hyderabad it will 150-200 KM extra, but I am under the impression that Tirupati route is without divider and lots of villages in between which really slows down the movement.

The duration of both routes will be the same approximately. The one via Hyderabad is stress-free, though a lot longer. You'll have divided roads all the way till you branch off from Vizag towards Jeypore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3664599)
The duration of both routes will be the same approximately. The one via Hyderabad is stress-free, though a lot longer. You'll have divided roads all the way till you branch off from Vizag towards Jeypore.

Thanks for the quick reply VNABHI. Do you have any idea about an alternative route between Vijayawada and Jeypore. I know there is huge rough patch after Vizianagarm.... I mean the Salur..Sunki ghats even the road after that. Will it be a good idea to go thru Bhadrachalam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samikc (Post 3664382)
Day 3: 11th January
Started at 9AM from hotel and completed the whole route in 8 Hrs; two breaks for daughter and Penny both more than 30mins and 1 late lunch break at A1 dhaba. It was good food and best value for money. Reached Bhubaneshar around 5PM. Stayed at Hotel Venus Inn.
Day 4: 12th January
Started at 6:30AM from Hotel Venus Inn reached Behala, Kolkata at 3:00PM. Again with lots of big breaks one in NH 60 and other at Sher-e-Punjub dhaba. NH 60 is still in bad shape (I did this route on October 2014 and it had not improved) .
Hope this helps.

How is this hotel Venus Inn and how far it is from the NH-5? Can you please provide a route guidance to reach this hotel from the highway?

And how bad is the NH 60 - is it still a single carriageway or dual carriageway with damaged portions near the culverts ? I mean do the up and down traffic travel in the same lane or separate lanes? I remember reading on this thread or some other thread that only one lane is operational now for both up and down traffic.

Planning to leave for Kolkata this Saturday.

Oh! and how was the OR-WB border crossing at Jaleswar - do you still get stuck there in the endless que of trucks?

TIA,
Max

Quote:

Originally Posted by atishpanda (Post 3664582)

From KR Puram to Mulbagal (100Km) is divided toll road.
Mulbagal to AP border is being 4 laned. But road surface is good.
From AP border to Naidupet road surface is very good. One can easily maintain speeds of 80kmph. Entire tirupati town is bypassed with 4 lane divided road
From Bangalore to Naidupet is approximately 300 Km out of which only 5-10 Km is not great. About 130 Km is 4 lane, rest of it is very good two lane road.
Bangalore to Naidupet can be covered in 5-6 hours.
From Naidupet to Vizag is fully 4 lanes toll road.

Only precaution one has to take to try to pass Vijayawada before 4 -5 Pm in the evening.
I have done this stretch 6-7 times in the last 5 years. Total traveling time was around 18 hours each time.

The road from Vizag to Ramabhadrapuram via Vizianagaram is also very good. I had never traveled from ramabhadrapuram to salur and beyond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9tMax (Post 3664630)
How is this hotel Venus Inn and how far it is from the NH-5? Can you please provide a route guidance to reach this hotel from the highway?

And how bad is the NH 60 - is it still a single carriageway or dual carriageway with damaged portions near the culverts ? I mean do the up and down traffic travel in the same lane or separate lanes? I remember reading on this thread or some other thread that only one lane is operational now for both up and down traffic.

Planning to leave for Kolkata this Saturday.

Oh! and how was the OR-WB border crossing at Jaleswar - do you still get stuck there in the endless que of trucks?

TIA,
Max

Hi Max,

Hotel Venus Inn is a 10-20 mins detour from NH5 depending on which time of the day you are visiting there.

Details can be found here.

I went there as they allowed pet so I took the hotel; it has clean rooms with good toilet. Staffs are generally very helpful, tariff is reasonable. Cons are this hotel is not for long stay or relaxation just for stopover. They do not have running hot water, you need to order it to get it.

NH-60 is mostly single lane, and yes the edges of the culverts were broken.

Border crossing was not a problem, I did not loose time in that. If I recall correctly it was about 10 mins to cross the border.

In my upcoming leisurely drive from BLR-CCU, I have already booked accommodation at Haritha Rushikonda & Victoria Club, Puri.

Any pointers for good stay options with secure parking at Eluru and Vijaywada?

Thanks,
Rajat

Finally doing a Bangalore-Rajmundry-Jeypore tomorrow morning. Taking the Tirupati route. Booked Anand Regency at Rajahmundry. Will update more on road conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atishpanda (Post 3683001)
Finally doing a Bangalore-Rajmundry-Jeypore tomorrow morning. Taking the Tirupati route. Booked Anand Regency at Rajahmundry. Will update more on road conditions.

Great ! Please update the road conditions. I am starting tomorrow morning towards Kolkata and also taking the Tirupati route.