Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3355419)
Can you please post the route map, like Mashmash has done?

Right now I am having system issues with regard to posting the route map:Frustrati. Once the issue is sorted out, I will upload the route map. Till then, please bear with meplease:.

Eluru road is the road from old bus stand to ramavarappadu which via machavaram and gunadala. Ramavarappadu is the jynction after NTR health university.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3355419)
Can you please post the route map, like Mashmash has done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srimath (Post 3355867)
Eluru road is the road from old bus stand to ramavarappadu which via machavaram and gunadala. Ramavarappadu is the jynction after NTR health university.

The following is the route map. Request you to ignore the triangle part near Gunadalaplease:. This is a straight road towards Vizag highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseVijay (Post 3356440)
The following is the route map. Request you to ignore the triangle part near Gunadalaplease:. This is a straight road towards Vizag highway.

Many thanks. Is this route faster? How is the condition of the road, and how crowded is it? It does look a wee bit shorter.

Edit: My colleague travelled on that route 6 months ago and found the road to be riddled with potholes, leading to the same time to traverse as via Benz Circle. But another colleague says they've fixed the bad stretches recently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3356874)
Many thanks. Is this route faster? How is the condition of the road, and how crowded is it? It does look a wee bit shorter.

Edit: My colleague travelled on that route 6 months ago and found the road to be riddled with potholes, leading to the same time to traverse as via Benz Circle. But another colleague says they've fixed the bad stretches recently.

This road passes through the commercial area of vijayawada. I would suggest sticking to Benz circle route anyday unless they need to enter BZA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3356874)
Is this route faster? How is the condition of the road, and how crowded is it? It does look a wee bit shorter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srimath (Post 3357230)
This road passes through the commercial area of Vijayawada. I would suggest sticking to Benz circle route anyday unless they need to enter BZA.

Avoid Benz Circle-Stella college-health varsity-ring road during the day. Problem is traffic signals - notoriously timed, only few seconds to cross. Executive club signal after Stella college is worst of all. Some times taking service line helps but sometimes it doesn't.

Eluru road passes through main commercial area, lot of rickshaw, auto, bike, cycle movement, narrow at some places. Problem will be near Apsara theatre / Besant road junction. People everywhere. However very wide and convenient post SR College without signals and gets even wider as you approach Ring junction. Road is laid properly through out (barring few potholes overall). Otherwise traffic keeps moving.

Choose best among worst. Either routes, be very cautious at Ring junction, notorious for accidents. 5 or 6 roads join there and lot of people and vehicular movement Police there just stand and watch most of the times.

P.S & OT: I grew up going to school through this very same Benz-Ring road. Previous avatar to the widened road, looks totally different. Good memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK (Post 3357300)
Avoid Benz Circle-Stella college-health varsity-ring road during the day. Problem is traffic signals - notoriously timed, only few seconds to cross. Executive club signal after Stella college is worst of all. Some times taking service line helps but sometimes it doesn't.

Eluru road passes through main commercial area, lot of rickshaw, auto, bike, cycle movement, narrow at some places. Problem will be near Apsara theatre / Besant road junction. People everywhere. However very wide and convenient post SR College without signals and gets even wider as you approach Ring junction. Road is laid properly through out (barring few potholes overall). Otherwise traffic keeps moving.

Choose best among worst. Either routes, be very cautious at Ring junction, notorious for accidents. 5 or 6 roads join there and lot of people and vehicular movement Police there just stand and watch most of the times.

P.S & OT: I grew up going to school through this very same Benz-Ring road. Previous avatar to the widened road, looks totally different. Good memories.

+1 to the above. Eluru road will surely save some time for travellers. But once you cross the commercial area of the city, it is a breeze run towards Ring road. Roads have been widened.

Avoid Benz Circle for the reasons that BusyBoyKK has mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseVijay (Post 3357330)
+1 to the above. Eluru road will surely save some time for travellers. But once you cross the commercial area of the city, it is a breeze run towards Ring road. Roads have been widened.

Avoid Benz Circle for the reasons that BusyBoyKK has mentioned.

Google maps also shows a bypass to Vijaywada, that starts some distance before Kanakadurga Temple, while coming from Hyderabad. The bypass merges with the NH5 around the same area as the Eluru Road.

Has anyone tried that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3358327)
Google maps also shows a bypass to Vijaywada, that starts some distance before Kanakadurga Temple, while coming from Hyderabad. The bypass merges with the NH5 around the same area as the Eluru Road.

Has anyone tried that?

Last year I tried that route to go into the city. The route starts from Gollapudi (while coming from Hyderabad side) on the outskirts of Vijayawada. It was very congested and filled with craters. This route is also NOT a complete bypass for the city:Frustrati. It's main purpose is to ease the traffic only upto Kanakadurga temple. Better avoid this route IMO.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I haven't taken the Hyderabad route. But have taken the Bangalore>Tirupati>Vijayawada>Ravulapalem>Kakinada Route.

I started at 8.45 AM and was home at 9.30 PM. The road from Naidupet to Guntur is a pleasure. Guntur to Vijayawada have few diversions. But road quality is splendid. Post Vijayawada, it's little patchy at few places.

The only break I took is for breakfast after Chitoor at a coffee shop and no breaks after that. But loaded the car with loads of fruits which actually didn't make me tired and sleepy. Over all good drive and my average speed was 73km and FE 17 as was driving mostly at high speeds. Guess it's not bad for a polo diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyb4u (Post 3360510)
I started at 8.45 AM and was home at 9.30 PM. The road from Naidupet to Guntur is a pleasure. Guntur to Vijayawada have few diversions. But road quality is splendid. Post Vijayawada, it's little patchy at few places.

The only break I took is for breakfast after Chitoor at a coffee shop and no breaks after that. But loaded the car with loads of fruits which actually didn't make me tired and sleepy. Over all good drive and my average speed was 73km and FE 17 as was driving mostly at high speeds. Guess it's not bad for a polo diesel.

Hi, is 6 laning between Naidupet and Guntur complete? We have been hearing there were too many diversions between these places.

That was some amazing FE you got there considering your average speed.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseVijay (Post 3361474)
Hi, is 6 laning between Naidupet and Guntur complete? We have been hearing there were too many diversions between these places.

I drove last week from Hyderabad to Chennai. The stretch between Ongole and Nellore has diversions and slows you down. The surface is also ripped in many places and being relaid. From Nellore till chennai through Naidupet is very good. There were no diversions in this stretch. I donot have idea about Ongole to Vijayawada stretch as I took Narketpally - Mriyalaguda- Ongole road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseVijay (Post 3361474)

The 6 Laning was not complete but there are not many diversions and I am sure you will not have any issues from Naidupet to Guntur. You might have some trouble with diversions only in between Guntur and Vijayawada

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyb4u (Post 3360510)
Thanks for all the suggestions. I haven't taken the Hyderabad route. But have taken the Bangalore>Tirupati>Vijayawada>Ravulapalem>Kakinada Route.

Any idea how is the road condition between Vijayawada and Rajamundry?

My Brother returned from his Vizag trip last night. According to him roads are much better compared to what he travelled a few months back.