Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-9.html)

Hi Sam Boy,
Even I am not able to send in a private message to you. However, as suggested by folks on this thread, my plan to go via Tirupathi is tentative now, as I am keeping a close watch on the bandh and might take the suggestion that Vnabhi has given of take the NH7 till Shamshadbad ORR and then take a turn towards Vijayawada. However, this is all dependent on how things might be once the agitations begin on 23rd Sept. I am contemplating traveling at night now as suggested by Julupani, to avoid any issues related to road blocks. Let me know your plans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 3242780)
Hi Sam Boy,
Even I am not able to send in a private message to you. However, as suggested by folks on this thread, my plan to go via Tirupathi is tentative now, as I am keeping a close watch on the bandh and might take the suggestion that Vnabhi has given of take the NH7 till Shamshadbad ORR and then take a turn towards Vijayawada. However, this is all dependent on how things might be once the agitations begin on 23rd Sept. I am contemplating traveling at night now as suggested by Julupani, to avoid any issues related to road blocks. Let me know your plans.

Till now I have never driven whole night and it will not work out, as I have a 3.5 yr old kid and she will not allow me to sleep the next day :Frustrati So driving in the night is not an option for me.

What I understand from my folks here is that the roadblocks would happen only on 23-25th, so I am also on wait and watch mode. What is the benefit of going through H'bad ? Is it just to avoid any unpleasant event on Chittoor ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_boy (Post 3243120)
Till now I have never driven whole night and it will not work out, as I have a 3.5 yr old kid and she will not allow me to sleep the next day :Frustrati So driving in the night is not an option for me.

What I understand from my folks here is that the roadblocks would happen only on 23-25th, so I am also on wait and watch mode. What is the benefit of going through H'bad ? Is it just to avoid any unpleasant event on Chittoor ?

Even I take the Tirupathi route mostly, but Mr. Kumar and others mentioned that though the HYD route is slightly longer, its preferable due to the multiple deviations on NH5 till Vijaywada due to 6 laning work presently. Also, I was thinking, since we wanted to drive at night to avoid any road block issues in AP, taking this route would be better off as we won't have to negotiate multiple deviations in the dark. We do not prefer driving at night either, and are on a wait and watch mode like I mentioned earlier, just to make sure if we can keep to our original plan of going via Tirupathi during the day if there are no issues. If all goes well, we will start at 3 AM from Kanakapura Road towards Tirupathi. If not, we start at 3 PM and take HYD route and drive through the night till Rajahmundry. Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 3240530)
My travel dates are fixed as follows :
1) 27th Sep - Bangalore to Rajahmundry via Tirupathi & NH5
2) 28th Sep - Rajahmundry to Bhubaneshwar via NH5

Any guidance will be appreciated - Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_boy (Post 3241305)
Even I am traveling on the same date and on the same road. I

Guys, just an update.

It seems like for the next 5-6 days the protests are going to be very heavy. Bhubaneswar bound buses from Hyderabad and Bangalore are running huge delays, and the operators have actually cancelled the services for the next few days. They will be restarting in October again. A recent Bangalore-Bhubaneswar trip took 33hours straight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 3247261)
A recent Bangalore-Bhubaneswar trip took 33hours straight.

How long does it usually take otherwise ?

Seemandhra protests show no signs of abating. With Jagan Reddy's release, protests might just intensify.

I'm planning to leave on Oct 2nd on this route @ 3am from Bangalore, let's see how it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3247361)
How long does it usually take otherwise ?

Seemandhra protests show no signs of abating. With Jagan Reddy's release, protests might just intensify.

I'm planning to leave on Oct 2nd on this route @ 3am from Bangalore, let's see how it goes.

Excluding vagaries of Bangalore traffic, they say Hoskote-Bhubaneswar generally takes about 22hours usually for them. The bus depart Anand Rao Circle in Bangalore around 5pm, gets to Hoskote genereally around 8-8.30pm and reaches Bhubaneswar in about 6-7pm. On the trip that I was talking about the bus reached Bhubaneswar around 1.30am.

I had heard protests are set to end by 1st Oct, so you may be safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 3247389)
I had heard protests are set to end by 1st Oct, so you may be safe.

Is this reliable info? In that case it will be a great relief for me too, as i am planning the drive during the 2nd week of october.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9tMax (Post 3248267)
Is this reliable info? In that case it will be a great relief for me too, as i am planning the drive during the 2nd week of october.

As per newspaper reports , the APNGO and the JAC had called for strikes from Sep 24-30.

What happens after Sep 30 remains to be seen. I'm keeping a close eye on the newspaper reports , particularly the Hindu and Deccan Chronicle :

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/states/andhra-pradesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3248608)

As per newspaper reports , the APNGO and the JAC had called for strikes from Sep 24-30.

What happens after Sep 30 remains to be seen. I'm keeping a close eye on the newspaper reports , particularly the Hindu and Deccan Chronicle :

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/states/andhra-pradesh

First lap of the journey completed. Started from BLR at 6 pm on 26th Sep following the advise of team members to travel at night owing to Telangana protests. Got delayed due to work so not the best time to start. Reached Rajahmundry at 1.30 pm on 27th Sep. All peaceful except heavy city traffic in vijayawada that killed our average scores. More as we go. Proceeding towards Bhubaneshwar tomorrow morning. Will post details once completion of journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 3250561)
First lap of the journey completed. Started from BLR at 6 pm on 26th Sep ........ Reached Rajahmundry at 1.30 pm on 27th Sep. ...........Will post details once completion of journey.

That took quite a lot of time, over 19 hours. Normally, it should take about 14-15 hours.

How much time did you lose in Bangalore city and Vijayawada city?? Did you take a nap sometime in the night??

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 3250590)

That took quite a lot of time, over 19 hours. Normally, it should take about 14-15 hours.

How much time did you lose in Bangalore city and Vijayawada city?? Did you take a nap sometime in the night??

We lost about 1.15 hrs. in the city. Stopped for half an hour for breakfast at 7 fresh at suryapet. And 45 mins. power nap after shamshadbad Orr early morning. We are on the way to Bhubaneshwar as we type this. The weather is great and
roads almost empty. Not sure what to make out of it. We will be taking the vizag bypass from anakapalle to avoid getting stuck in city traffic again. Will keep posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 3250749)
We lost about 1.15 hrs. in the city. Stopped for half an hour for breakfast at 7 fresh at suryapet. And 45 mins. power nap after shamshadbad Orr early morning. We are on the way to Bhubaneshwar as we type this. The weather is great and
roads almost empty. Not sure what to make out of it. We will be taking the vizag bypass from anakapalle to avoid getting stuck in city traffic again. Will keep posted.

Ok, the main reason for the extra time here is the extra distance since you can via Hyderabad and not via Tirupati. Thus about 170kms and about 1.5 to 2 hours extra, which explains your long drive time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 3250778)

Ok, the main reason for the extra time here is the extra distance since you can via Hyderabad and not via Tirupati. Thus about 170kms and about 1.5 to 2 hours extra, which explains your long drive time.

Reached Bhubaneshwar now. Took about 11 hours. But encountered small protests and highway blockades twice near srikakulam area. Traffic stopped not more than 10 mins at a time but the pileon after that was quite annoying. Slowed traffic down considerably. But overall not that one could not manage. Towards Durgapur tomorrow morning. Details will follow once journey is complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 3251086)
Reached Bhubaneshwar now. Took about 11 hours.

Hi Rolling wheels - Did you experience any issues or traffic congestion while crossing AOB?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 3251086)
Reached Bhubaneshwar now. Took about 11 hours. But encountered small protests and highway blockades twice near srikakulam area. Traffic stopped not more than 10 mins at a time but the pileon after that was quite annoying. Slowed traffic down considerably. But overall not that one could not manage. Towards Durgapur tomorrow morning. Details will follow once journey is complete.

You seem to be a comparatively sedate driver. A year ago, I had done Bhubaneswar-Rajahmundry in 9.5hours, despite having wasted time by going right through Vizag city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer8 (Post 3251295)
Hi Rolling wheels - Did you experience any issues or traffic congestion while crossing AOB?

Generally Andhra-Odisha border is not that congested, as there is some parking space created for trucks on both sides of the border. And even if you hit it at a time when there is a bit of heavy traffic, it is an accepted practice for private vehicles/buses/taxis etc to take to the opposite side of the road and pass through.

You can see the following post for info regarding the checkposts at Odisha borders.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3204483