Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 3461754)
Anyone suggestions please:

Any of our members who stay at Nellore can guide you better. Nevertheless, I usually stay at Haritha resorts which are ran by AP Tourism. Please find the details of the same from the URL given below -

http://www.aptdc.gov.in/accommodations.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 3461754)
Anyone suggestions please:

http://www.hotelleo.in/ which was earlier known as Sunny Heights

http://www.athidhigrand.com/

http://hotelyeshpark.com/

Hi Team,

I am planning for a drive from Bangalore to Kolkata starting on September 30th. Here are some facts about this drive:

Trip members:

Wife, Daughter (1 year old - at the time of journey), a dog and me (solo driver)

Planned route (as of now and I am open for suggestions):

DAY 1: Bangalore to Hyderabad (about 600 KM)
DAY 2: Hyderabad to Vizag (about 550 KM)
DAY 3: Vizag to Kolkata (about 950 KM)

DAY 1: Stopover in a hotel in Hyderbad (allows pet)
DAY 2: Stopover in a hotel in Vizag (allows pet)

Car: Toyota Etios Liva GD (SP) - 1 year old

Some queries:
[Route]

Is the route ok? Or do you have other suggestions.

[Family]
1. Is there any issues for the kid and dog? We have not found any issue as of now for 180KM drive. Dog remains calm in car (although initially barks for 10-20 mins) and kid likes to sleep most of the time.
2. What should I buy and stock up for Kid and dogs food? How do we manage to prepare food for the kid on the road in the car?

[Car]

Here are some of the preparation steps:

1. Quick service to check all fuel levels, pressure, fuse
2. Tyre repair kit and car cleaner etc

what else am I missing (I know I am missing a lot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by samikc (Post 3476215)
Hi Team,

I am planning for a drive from Bangalore to Kolkata starting on September 30th. Here are some facts about this drive:

Trip members:

Wife, Daughter (1 year old - at the time of journey), a dog and me (solo driver)

Planned route (as of now and I am open for suggestions):

DAY 1: Bangalore to Hyderabad (about 600 KM)
DAY 2: Hyderabad to Vizag (about 550 KM)
DAY 3: Vizag to Kolkata (about 950 KM)

DAY 1: Stopover in a hotel in Hyderbad (allows pet)
DAY 2: Stopover in a hotel in Vizag (allows pet)

Car: Toyota Etios Liva GD (SP) - 1 year old

Some queries:
[Route]

[Family]
1. Is there any issues for the kid and dog? We have not found any issue as of now for 180KM drive. Dog remains calm in car (although initially barks for 10-20 mins) and kid likes to sleep most of the time.
2. What should I buy and stock up for Kid and dogs food? How do we manage to prepare food for the kid on the road in the car?

[Car]

At Hyderabad and Vizag you can check out http://www.falconsnest.in/ They allow pets and have their properties at Hyd and Vizag

Apart from this,you can get in touch with the folks at www.petvacations.in for hotels.

If you are dog is open to travelling long distances then the route is fine,just that you would be travelling an extra 200kms for the Hyd route.The Tirupati-Vijayawada is absolutely fine,at vijayawada you could check with the Kay Hotel if they can let you keep the dog with you.Most of the hotels when you talk to them let you keep your pet with you as long as it is not a nuisance for others in the hotel.

Cooking food for your child is going to be difficult.If its just milk,you could always stop at the roadside restaurants and ask them for milk or for boiled water and they are always happy to oblige.

Carry original RC,Original PUC,Original insurance cover note,original DL

Quote:

[Route]

I feel you have opted for a long route. If there is no specific reason to go to Hyderabad, you can skip this and stick to Bangalore - Chittor - Tirupathi - Nellore - Vijayawada - Vizag route

Quote:

[Family]

I feel risky as

1. With my experience I can say that the dog will become restless in this journey and start vomiting. We had Pomeranian and we faced this problem every time. We used to keep him on light diet during the journeys.

2. I may be wrong but I feel the journey along with the dog make your kid get some infections. My observation during my journeys was my dog wanted to come to front seats and I end up in touching it 'n' number of times in the journey and always end up in cleaning myself from the fur of the dog if I had to take food. To avoid this problem I used keep myself on the condition "no food till destination". I feel as you are the solo driver you may also end up in the similar situation.

Quote:

1. For dog we used to take one packet of Pedigree and ample amount of Water

2. For kid, I take milk packets in any of the cities/towns en-route and stop at small tea stalls and request them to boil the milk for the kid. They would be very happy to do that. These days, I am also carrying the Firstbite and some biscuits along with some fruits. I will make sure that I am carrying a small knife to cut the fruits clap:

Quote:

[Car]

As the car is new, I don't guess you will end up with any technical issues. But it is advisable to make info handy regarding the service station details en-route till the destination.

Quote:

1. Diapers for the kid but recommendation is change them at every 3-4 hours interval
2. Water filled in 2 liters water bottle to clean the kid at times of need. In my last trip to my village my kid has spoiled the seats and I ended up in cleaning the seat with this water. Very helpful.
3. Pillow, rug and some warm cloths for the kid as AC may make them get cold.
4. One big cloth the purpose of cleaning exclusively for the dog
5. One sheet of carton or news paper for using as a floor mat if the kid has some nature calls and you end up on stopping on the road side. You know how sensitive our kids palms would lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3476292)
At Hyderabad and Vizag you can check out http://www.falconsnest.in/ They allow pets and have their properties at Hyd and Vizag

Thanks for this update. I drove from Hyderabad to Bhubaneshwar non-stop with family & my lab (bruno) as we couldn't find suitable accommodation at Vizag during our vacation last year. The long drive (1100+Kms) had been planned accordingly as we had to travel up to Darjeeling, with the next stopover at Kolkata.

I had called up the hotels in advance for booking accommodation & my colleague who happens to be from Vizag also approached couple of Hotels in person but the refused to accommodate dog in their premises. I however have identified hotels in Bhubaneshwar & Kolkata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3476292)

Apart from this,you can get in touch with the folks at www.petvacations.in for hotels.

If you are dog is open to travelling long distances then the route is fine,just that you would be travelling an extra 200kms for the Hyd route.The Tirupati-Vijayawada is absolutely fine,at vijayawada you could check with the Kay Hotel if they can let you keep the dog with you.Most of the hotels when you talk to them let you keep your pet with you as long as it is not a nuisance for others in the hotel.

Cooking food for your child is going to be difficult.If its just milk,you could always stop at the roadside restaurants and ask them for milk or for boiled water and they are always happy to oblige.

Carry original RC,Original PUC,Original insurance cover note,original DL

Thanks for the information, it is very useful and I will call them. Specially the Key Hotel at Vijaywada. This can enable me to change the route and save 190KM at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer8 (Post 3476385)
Thanks for this update. I drove from Hyderabad to Bhubaneshwar non-stop with family & my lab (bruno) as we couldn't find suitable accommodation at Vizag during our vacation last year. The long drive (1100+Kms) had been planned accordingly as we had to travel up to Darjeeling, with the next stopover at Kolkata.

I had called up the hotels in advance for booking accommodation & my colleague who happens to be from Vizag also approached couple of Hotels in person but the refused to accommodate dog in their premises. I however have identified hotels in Bhubaneshwar & Kolkata.

Redeemer8, its pleasure to see you in the thread. I have your post on the other thread bookmarked for reference. Could you please tell me which hotel you stayed in Bhubaneshware?

Quote:

Hi Team,
[Family]

[Car]

For Kid
Buy Nandini good life or Amul Taaza. Don't buy milk enroute.( it saves time to search for milk + biggest advantage is avoiding adulterated milk which is rampant to enhance shelf life. So avoid buying milk enroute) Nandini good life do not need refrigeration, can be stored at room temp for 3 months and is available is 200ml/500ml/1ltr. Buy 200 ml stuff. It can be used as it is after opening the sachet. no need to boil the milk. If you want you can boil also, u can dilute it little as the kid is one year old.

Take tirupati route. It is fine. no need to go via hyd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samikc (Post 3476474)
Redeemer8, its pleasure to see you in the thread. I have your post on the other thread bookmarked for reference. Could you please tell me which hotel you stayed in Bhubaneshware?

Hi bro , I've mentioned the details of the Hotel in my earlier post in this forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer8 (Post 3245822)
Re: Kolkata - Siliguri route via Dumka, Bhagalpur. Avoiding NH34

The name of the Hotel is Venus Inn, Its at Bapuji Nagar, I had called up from Hyderabad to check with them if they could permit Bruno to stay with us in the room, we ensured he was quiet & taken in / out very carefully to avoid inconvenience to any guest. He behaved perfectly fine expect when there was a knock at the door by the room service guy :D.

Pl seek prior permission from the Hotel & confirm the booking prior to travel with pets. here's the link http://www.venusinngroup.com/venus_inn/

I stayed in Venus Inn in Feb 2012, and it was a decent hotel, though it has lost its sheen that it had in the early 80s, when it was new. It is located close to Rajmahal Chowk in an area called Bapuji Nagar.

It was the first hotel that had a south Indian restaurant on the top floor, and it was a raging success in the initial years. But I tasted the dosas and other items last year, and they are still as good as they used to be. Despite living in AP for the past 3 decades, I still found them to be good.

Hotel Venus Inn is a pretty decent place to stay. I've stayed here twice in Dec 12 & Dec 13 (both times while travelling to Darjeeling with our Lab during Christmas holidays)

We identified this place in Dec 12, during our first road trip from Hyd to Darjeeling. The main criteria was to find a suitable hotel which would allow dogs. Luckily, the food served is good & staff is courteous too. It was a nice experience on both occasions & bruno also was very well behaved during the stay.

Hi Team,

I wanted to post you about the plan. I called up The Kay Hotel and the receptionist clearly informed me that, they do not allow pet in the hotel. So the plan for staying in Vijaywada is very slim. In case anyone knows any hotel which will allow us to spend the night there in to and fro journeys will be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile I called JUKASOTEL, VISAKHAPATNAM they informed me that they will allow pet.

Redeemer8 mentioned that getting pet accommodation is possible in Hyderabad. Thanks for the info Redeemer8:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer8 (Post 3276854)
Hi samikc - you can stay at Hotel Silver Park in Ameerpet, Hyderabad. The accommodation may be slightly expensive as they would allow pet only in their Silver Suite A/c room which would cost INR 2900 + taxes.

Spoke to them now & confirmed this over phone. pl check this link http://www.hotelsilverpark.in/ . If you intend to stay here during travel then pl confirm the booking in advance for the suite.

I will call them tomorrow to confirm my bookings. Hope I will be able to do it.

The backup plan:

DAY 1: Bangalore -> Tirupati -> Nellore -> Vijaywada -> Vizag (Stop over)
DAY 2: Vizag -> Bhubneshwar -> Cuttack -> Kharagpur Kolkata

My only worry with backup is, it seems two long drive back to back for the kido and Penny (my Golden Retriever).

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Samik

Quote:

Originally Posted by samikc (Post 3478016)
The backup plan:
Thanks,
Samik

Hi, I dont think its advisable to do about 1900 kms from B'lore to Kolkata in 2 days with a stop over at Vizag, especially while travelling with a Kid & Pet (dog). It can be really tiring as it can involve min 15-17 hrs of driving depending on the traffic.

With rains & early morning / night driving to some extent, considering visibility issues, its advisable to travel via Hyderabad (stopover) or cut short the 2nd day with a stop over in Bhubneshwar from Vizag in case you're not finding accommodation at Vijayawada.

In short keep the long drive max to 1 day only so that you can have a good nap & continue with a relaxed drive the next day considering less distance to be covered

Realistically speaking its a 3 day relaxed drive at moderate speeds from Bangalore to Kolkata,agree with Redeemer on this.Relieves you of the stress of meeting targets and relieves you frm night driving plus the dog would feel relaxed

D1:BLR-VJA
D2:VJA-Bhub
D3:Bhub-Kolkata

Quote:

Originally Posted by samikc (Post 3478016)

I did Bangalore-Kolkata last year October with a 1 night stopover at Srikakulam.

Blr-Vizag will take around 20 hrs including breaks - there are stretches where you will get slowed down , so don't expect a very high average speed on this route.

I took my family - wife and two kids 3 yrs old - with me. I've seen that my kids adjust very easily to outdoor long drives . They eat , sleep, have fun in the car. However, not all kids can adjust easily. The main problem with a 2 night stopover for me - is the unloading /loading of luggage, check-out for just about 12 hrs of stay that I hate doing.

1000 km is doable in 1 day , but it does become a bit stressful. If you split your journey to a 2 night stopover , it will be a lot more comfortable.

On the return route , I did Bankura-Vijayawada , about 1500km in 30 hrs - something I've promised myself never to do again:D