Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:12   #541
Team-BHP Support

Surprisingly A2Bs on the NH7 are called Ghar Dhabas ! And hence the confusion!
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:19   #542
J.Ravi

In all BP COCO retail outlets, the eateries are called Ghar Dhabas, leased to various restaurant-chains.

Old 3rd May 2010, 17:24   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
In all BP COCO retail outlets, the eateries are called Ghar Dhabas, leased to various restaurant-chains.
Yes, once on my drive from Hyderabad - Pune via Sholapur came across a Ghar Dhaba, attached to a BP. That place was not great though. But generally you get good food in Ghar Dhabas.

BTW, you can search the location of Ghar Dhabas in this site..

http://www.ttkmaps.com/bpcl/Highway.aspx

Nainar

Last edited by anainar : 3rd May 2010 at 17:28.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:25   #544
Team-BHP Support

OK. So its BP commonality and not A2B. That explains it.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:32   #545
BHPian

Need some help

let me know if anyone is going to do bangalore-pune or bangalore-mumbai route.
I need some personal favor.
Old 15th May 2010, 16:39   #546

Updates from NHAI website on Chitradurga to Haveri stretch

Team BHPians:
These days i travel quite frequently to Hubli/Pune, usually by KSRTC Airavat/train. Those who travel regularly from Blore-Hubli-Pune or onwards may have noticed significant progress here, i am particularly interested in this part of GQ as i have my extended family in Hubli and Pune, and my dream is to drive my Logan home to Home Blore(Yesvantpur) to Hubli in 5-6 hrs with family in a stress free manner, take a break in Hubli for couple of hrs and head to Pune. All together actual drive time not more than 10 hrs. The key is I want to do this in a stress free manner, i am fed up of seeing those diversions, esp in monsoons. Do you think this is reasonable expectation from our roads.
Recently i visited NHAI site to see the progress on the under construction parts, surprise surprise to find that the likely completition date is July 10 for most stretches. Folks who use the GQ should validate whether the progress on ground is realistic for this completion, see their website under CPIS for details. Also the Nelamanagala tollway completition date is July 10, which i think is more reasonable as most of the work is visibly heading towards completion, one could actually see all the piers and connections mostly ready.
It is difficult for me to believe status reports put on NHAI website as it may be only on paper. However i would love to do Blore-Pune-Blore after July/Sep 10 in a stress free manner.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:32   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameerw View Post
T
Recently i visited NHAI site to see the progress on the under construction parts, surprise surprise to find that the likely completition date is July 10 for most stretches. Folks who use the GQ should validate whether the progress on ground is realistic for this completion, see their website under CPIS for details. Also the Nelamanagala tollway completition date is July 10, which i think is more reasonable as most of the work is visibly heading towards completion, one could actually see all the piers and connections mostly ready.
It is difficult for me to believe status reports put on NHAI website as it may be only on paper. However i would love to do Blore-Pune-Blore after July/Sep 10 in a stress free manner.
NHAI web-site is always wrong, the updates in this forum are nearer to the truth. Some of the incomplete stretches in NH4 have been that way since 2000 (when the GQ work started) with no progress. NO reason to think that they will be complete by July '10.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:02   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
NHAI web-site is always wrong, the updates in this forum are nearer to the truth. Some of the incomplete stretches in NH4 have been that way since 2000 (when the GQ work started) with no progress. NO reason to think that they will be complete by July '10.
I agree with HVK these guys just change the completion date by a year or so. I remember Chitradurga bypass earlier was supposed to be Sept09 on the NHAI website. Now it still states under implemenatation
Old 17th May 2010, 07:45   #549
BHPian

The most irksome part of the NH4 GQ is Ranebennur flyovers and Chitradurga BP. I have seen progress in the relaying of the tar road, but the flyovers are nowhere near completion. My last visit was around Feb-Mar of 2010.

But Chitradurga BP where I used to crawl has now become motorable and one need not have to stop anywhere.

Looking forward to a seamless journey like Mumbai to Hubli throughout NH4. Of course the progress has started.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:15   #550
BHPian

I did Lonavala to Bangalore yesterday. Started at 3am from Lonavala and was surprised by the heavy traffic on the expressway. Could not manage more than 100-110kmph. It was clogged with slow moving trunks and packed Tracxs. Reached Kohlapur for breakfast at 7am. Was making good progress but got stuck in the Ranibennur area for a long time. Each of the railway crossings took 20-25 min. Had lunch at 12:30pm at Kamat Upchaar just after Ranibennur. Tea break at Kamat Sira at 4pm.

There was heavy traffic from Tumkur toll naka so took the Dobbspet route. Got really stuck at Yelahanka-NH7 junction due to the thunderstrom yesterday. Reached home at 7:15pm.

There seems to be work going on at all sections of the incomplete NH4. Fingers crossed :-)
Old 25th May 2010, 20:34   #551
BHPian

Back from mum-blr-mum trip today.

Great Road conditions all the way, almost ! Way better than my last visit in Jan 2010.
Started at 20:45, on 20/05/2010 from Navi Mumbai, reached B’lore, Basavangudi (near bull temple) at 13:00 on 21/05/2010. Stop time about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Moderate traffic till Satara, very less after that till Chitradurga, then again moderate traffic till Nelamangla and then very very heavy traffic till B’lore city.

All toll gates were superfast though.

The Haveri - Chitradurga stretch has improved quite a lot. But lots for speedbreakers on this stretch.

While retuning I took the Magadi road which joins the Tumkur road to come out of B’lore city , which was much better than the yeshwantpuar mess!

Left B’lore Basavangudi at 13:45, 24/05/10 and reached Navi Mumbai at 4:30, 25/05/2010 in the morning. Stop time about 1 hour. Light traffic all the way, irritating traffic around Ranibenur and Haveri town and quite high traffic in Pune expressway.

Did not exceed speeds above 100 – 110 max.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:59   #552
Team-BHP Support

Folks,

Just a question. If one is driving from South Bangalore, how much it helps go via NICE road to hit Tumkur road, rather than going through the city, if its early morning. Does it really save time from current mess on NH4? I saw that there is a difference of 20Km.

Last edited by ampere : 25th May 2010 at 21:10.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:18   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks,

Just a question. If one is driving from South Bangalore, how much it helps go via NICE road to hit Tumkur road, rather than going through the city, if its early morning. Does it really save time from current mess on NH4? I saw that there is a difference of 20Km.
Honestly, When you talk about early mornings, I would say it hardly makes "any" difference taking the NICE Road.

The time you take to reach the NICE from whatever area of south Bangalore (10-15 Mins) and then the travel over NICE (may be 20-25 mins) to touch NH4 means spending 30-45 mins easily.

If you take the road through the city there wont be any traffic atleast till the NICE intersection of NH4 and would still be taking the same time to reach this common point on NH4.

But mind you, early here is assumed to be 4-30/5-30am and not later to that!
Old 25th May 2010, 21:23   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks,

Just a question. If one is driving from South Bangalore, how much it helps go via NICE road to hit Tumkur road, rather than going through the city, if its early morning. Does it really save time? I saw that there is a difference of 20Km.
tried that !

you are right, Bangalore south ( BTM / B'gatta road junction ) to Tumkur road ( jindal factory ) through the city would read 29 km and take roughly an hour at and before 6am. The same would read 41 km via NICE road and would take 45 mins ( BTM to gottigere takes approx 15 mins )

At that hour, the city route would be better, save 12 kms and add a bonus saving of Rs. 85 !
Old 25th May 2010, 21:36   #555
Team-BHP Support

There are two aspects to it: (from the extra km we drive)

1. How much on traffic do we save?
2. How much on road condition we protect our vehicles from ?

I guess the first part is answered. By driving at around 4:30, we dont save on traffic.
How the road condition? I hear its too bad with lots of bottom scraping.

Last edited by ampere : 25th May 2010 at 21:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks