Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2015, 11:46   #31

Re: Chandigarh - Mumbai - Chandigarh : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,
A friend of mine will be attending a wedding in Chandigarh and has decided to drive from Bombay to Chandigarh in his new S Cross 1.6.
I may accompany him just for the drive - and to check out this S Cross.
Would really appreciate any inputs as to which is the best route to take as far as road conditions go.
Intention was to go via Ahmedabad and Udaipur but we are open to suggestions.
Leaving Bombay on the 8th. so would really, really appreciate any help from you guys.

Thanks in advance,
SS

Hi.....I did this trip last year with my family and basis this the best route would be Mumbai - Nasik - Dhule- Manpur on the Mumbai Agra Highway. Turn Right on to Manpur Lebad Ratlam Chittorgarh Highway. Super roads with little traffic..only down side compared to Mumbai Ahmedabad highway is the quality of eating and staying options till Chittorgarh. Last 10 odd kms before Chiottorgarh is the only bad patch while coming from Manpur Ratlam route.

In case you decide to take Mumbai - Ahd highway...turn off at Vadodara to the Halol - Modassa - Shyamalji route and then turn right to the Udaipur highway. Again a super alternative to completely bypass congested Ahmedabad area.

From Chittorgarh take Bhilwara - Ajmer -Jaipur - Rewari...good roads but comparatively heavy traffic. From Rewari turn left on the Rewari - Rohtak - Panipat highway to completely bypass super congested Delhi. Again a super traffic free four laned highway.

Regds,
Ashish
Old 15th November 2017, 15:56   #32
BHPian

Hello all
Looks like an old thread but asking about the route again. Did Chandigarh Panipat Jaipur Chittorgarh Udaipur Ahemdabad Mumbai 2 years ago and found the roads ok. Few bad patches.
This year again planning to drive from Chandigarh to Mumbai then to Goa using the same route.
Hope roads are good. Any updates will help me plan better. Thanks in advance
Old 16th November 2017, 01:27   #33
BHPian

Hi Joybird,
I had driven from Bombay to Srinagar a couple of months ago. Our route was Bombay - Ahmedabad (bypassed) - Udaipur - Chandigarh - Srinagar. We did not enter Jaipur at all. We stopped overnight at Udaipur and Chandigarh and then again at Katra due to a landslide blocking the main highway to Srinagar else would have done the run in 3 days flat. The roads were pretty good throughout - except the last stretch from Katra to Srinagar which was terrible. No real issues to talk about. 14 to 15 hours driving a day split between two of us. SCross 1.6. Minimum halts. The Rajasthan Police were checking for overspeeding but apart from that no problems.
Regards,
SS
Old 26th February 2018, 14:21   #34
BHPian

Hi planning to do Chandigarh to Goa. Any recommendations?
Chandigarh Panipat bawal jaipur is a great road, from there we are a little confused whether to go through Pune or mumbai.
Which is a better route since Google maps shows a few.
Old 26th February 2018, 17:06   #35
Team-BHP Support

You can go via either, Udaipur- Mumbai should be faster, follow google maps except for below segments

If on Udaipur route don't follow Google, instead take

Kishangarh - Bhilwara - Nathdwara- Udaipur

And for Kishangarh, can go via Hissar to Kishangarh, roads are good and you won't get stuck on tolls instead of taking usual Chandigarh Panipat Bawal Jaipur- Kishangarh.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ch...26.5870344!3e0

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th February 2018 at 17:07.
Old 1st February 2019, 00:16   #36
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Mumbai - Vadodara - Ahmedabad you will find plenty of references , from Ahmedabad instead of usual route of Himatnagar - Udaipur can come via Abu-Road - plenty of mountains & few waterbodies

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ud...2505!5i1?hl=en

Alternatively Instead of going to Ahmedabad you can take Modasa route from Vadodara

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...queries-6.html

From Jaipur continue all the way till Bawal than look for turn on left to Rohtak / Panipat

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ba....3909464?hl=en

watch out for some large speed breakers about 40 km before Panipat on this highway - otherwise very good roads

Don't forgot to keep an additional spare tyre
Well, this post is long overdue from me. I did Indore to Panchkula via Rohtak, starting at about 7.00am and ending at 1.00am next day. I should have halted overnight at Rohtak.

I sold the 320d in Sep 2017 as I had always wanted the petrol version which was unavailable then (Feb 2015). I've bought a 330i M Sport Estoril blue shadow edition now and will drive it from Mumbai to Chandigarh in March. Planning to take the Barauch route to Udaipur for overnight before halting there. Then proceed to Chandigarh via Rohtak, Panipat. Any updates please?

Yes the speedbreakers caught me by surprise! They have since been removed as per the new rules of not having any speed breakers on National highways.
Old 1st February 2019, 00:50   #37
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais;4537265.
Planning to take the Barauch route to Udaipur for overnight before halting there. Then proceed to Chandigarh via Rohtak, Panipat. Any updates please?
6 laning of highway is going on from Gujarat border to Udaipur. Consider going via My Abu. Rest of the roads are breeze till Chandigarh.
NPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 05:36   #38
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
6 laning of highway is going on from Gujarat border to Udaipur. Consider going via My Abu. Rest of the roads are breeze till Chandigarh.
Thanks! You mean Mumbai to Mt. Abu, halt at Mt. Abu, then proceed from there via Pali- Ajmer- Rohtak- Panipat- Chandigarh?
Old 1st February 2019, 07:48   #39
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Thanks! You mean Mumbai to Mt. Abu, halt at Mt. Abu, then proceed from there via Pali- Ajmer- Rohtak- Panipat- Chandigarh?
Right.
Till Udaipur there are lots of diversions and speed breakers. We did ahmedabad to Karnal via Udaipur-Ajmer- Rohtak- Panipat just three weeks back.
Old 1st February 2019, 07:53   #40
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Right.
Till Udaipur there are lots of diversions and speed breakers. We did ahmedabad to Karnal via Udaipur-Ajmer- Rohtak- Panipat just three weeks back.
Ok, I will avoid the Udaipur route.

Have you tried the Mt. Abu route?
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 07:56   #41
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I will avoid the Udaipur route.

Have you tried the Mt. Abu route?
Yes, but I have travelled till Mt abu only. Roads are very good from ahmedabad to Mt abu.
NPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 13:09   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
will drive it from Mumbai to Chandigarh in March. Planning to take the Barauch route to Udaipur for overnight before halting there. Then proceed to Chandigarh via Rohtak, Panipat. Any updates please?
Quote:
You will pass through Abu Road and not Mount Abu which is 30-40 Km/ an hour and half away. Your route should be

Mumbai - Vadodara- Ahmedabad- Palanpur- AbuRoad- Sirohi- Pali- Beawar- Ajmer- Jaipur- Behror- Panipat- Chandigarh
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 14:29   #43
ais
BHPian

Ok, thanks- I hadn't noticed that.

The challenge is about where to halt for the night. A good hotel that is safe (for the car��) will be needed near the halfway mark.
Old 1st February 2019, 14:35   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok, thanks- I hadn't noticed that.

The challenge is about where to halt for the night. A good hotel that is safe (for the car��) will be needed near the halfway mark.
What time do you plan to leave from Mumbai and how much can you drive in a Day without too much exertion? Will be you be alone or with family? and will this be a one way trip to get the car or you are driving just for holidays in which case, how much time do you have?
Old 1st February 2019, 14:47   #45
ais
BHPian

I plan to start at about 6 am from Mumbai. I cad drive for about 12 hours with 1 break and in this particular car, will be able to cover Mumbai Mt. Abu and Mt. Abu in 12 hours and 14 hours easily. It's only night driving that is tiring. I'll be alone, and would want a good hotel that is safe. The trip is to get the car over, and enjoy it and the drive! I could do 2 stops if necessary (should have done that last time via Indore, and added a stop at Gurgaon or Rohtak). I would want to avoid going into towns and traffic where the car might get bumped or scratched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks