Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 18:51   #1
BHPian

Need help regarding Hyderabad sight seeing...

Hi guys,

Me and my wife are planning on a 2 day trip to Hyderabad from Bangalore. Request bhp-ians to kindly guide us the different places to visit, stay and food for a 2 day trip, like plan would be to start Monday night back to Bangy on Thursday morning.
We are would prefer veg food only and staying at good accommodation (Rs.1000/day or lesser type).

Any suggestions would help us real good.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramki.
Old 30th October 2010, 16:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Please see this thread for info that your looking for :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...at-see-do.html

When are you visiting hyderabad? Is this your first visit? Any specific info other than whats available on above thread let us know.
Old 31st October 2010, 11:12   #3
BHPian

HI Mobike008,
Yes, this is my first time trip to Hyderabad. Will go through the tread and get back if i have any doubts/queries.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 31st October 2010, 13:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
HI Mobike008,
Yes, this is my first time trip to Hyderabad. Will go through the tread and get back if i have any doubts/queries.

Thanks,
Ramki
Let us know when are you planning to visit Hyderabad and what is your mode of transport.(flight/train/road) and we will suggest your accommodation accordingly.

Please feel free to PM for any other help you may require.

Regards,

SILVERWOOD.
Old 31st October 2010, 18:58   #5
BHPian

Hello Ramki,

The places to visit in Hyderabad are Golkonda fort, Salarjung Museum ( if you have enough time), Neklace road ( Tank Bund - only in evenings), Ramoji Rao Film city ( again if you have enough time), Birla temple, check out I-MAX..finally CHARMINAR..

Enjoy your trip !!!

Venky
Old 31st October 2010, 20:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Charminar and surrounding markets (please have biryaani there), Salarjang museum if the clock is still up and running, Golconda, Ramoji Film city.
There is an amusement park sort right next to/near Birla temple, and it houses artifical snow and activities there in. They have a huge slide and fun stuff to do in that big snow house. It is worth a visit.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
There is an amusement park sort right next to/near Birla temple, and it houses artifical snow and activities there in. They have a huge slide and fun stuff to do in that big snow house. It is worth a visit.
I guess you are referring to Snow World. It is not next to the Birla Temple, but around 2 kms away from it on the Lower Tank Bund.
A nice place to visit, indeed.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

We are would prefer veg food only and staying at good accommodation (Rs.1000/day or lesser type).
Padmini Residency at Lakdi ka Pul is a good place to stay and would come within your budget.Call them up directly for the best rates.A couple of TBhpians on their drive through Hyd have stayed there and reported it as good. Sridhar- 098493 68394

Another place in KPHB offers a 20% discount for TBHpians.Called Sitara Grand.Contact No:092462-64446 / Sukhdham
Old 2nd November 2010, 00:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad is an amazing place and has many specialties but the best and the rapidly vanishing one is "Hyderabadi Nawabi Mizaz" where in you take everything slowly and in due time. Since you are own a personal visit I suggest you take it slowly in true Hyderabadi style.

Once you are fully rested, I suggest you seeing some of the places on the link below

http://bigakhi.blogspot.com/2010/10/...hyderabad.html

Edit: Mile Crucnher it would be easier and more correct to post a link from the site where this was copied from. The least you could have done was to give credit to the source.Navin

Last edited by navin : 2nd November 2010 at 10:28.
Old 2nd November 2010, 01:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I guess you are referring to Snow World. It is not next to the Birla Temple, but around 2 kms away from it on the Lower Tank Bund.
A nice place to visit, indeed.
Sorry for the mix up, I was there sometime in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hyderabad is an amazing place and has many specialties but the best and the rapidly vanishing one is "Hyderabadi Nawabi Mizaz" where in you take everything slowly and in due time. Since you are own a personal visit I suggest you take it slowly in true Hyderabadi style.

Once you are fully rested, I suggest you seeing some of these places

1. Discover the acoustics of Golconda fort and Seven Tombs. Find the rooms with whispering walls in Golconda and the Echoing tomb in Seven Tombs complex. Also, explore the hamams in Seven Tombs and the very deep well.
2. 3. 4. ..98. 99.100. 101.
@MileCruncher, I don't know what to say. Mods please lock the thread, this is as exhaustive as it can get. Anyone want to add something here ?
Old 2nd November 2010, 06:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

MC Wow! What a list... ! How long does it take see all that?
I will keep of copy of that, whenever I have a chance to see HYD!

Thanks is an understatement.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:07   #12
BHPian

MC,

Very well compiled list of To-Do's in Hyderabad. Till now I thought I covered all places in hyd and there is nothing much to see, but your list changed my opinion. Now, will have to plan for these on some weekends :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Big Akhi: 101 Things To-Do in Hyderabad

Edit: Mile Crucnher it would be easier and more correct to post a link from the site where this was copied from. The least you could have done was to give credit to the source.Navin
The list came to me as a forward amongst many that I receive everyday. IPR Infringement was neither known nor intended.

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:15   #14
BHPian

Re: Need help regarding Hyderabad sight seeing...

Friends - have heard you get excellent PEARLS jewellery in Hyderabad. Can anyone of you suggest a good and genuine place I can lay my hands on some.

Got to celebrate - Belated Valentine's Day ..... am there for a day tomorrow.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help regarding Hyderabad sight seeing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Friends - have heard you get excellent PEARLS jewellery in Hyderabad. Can anyone of you suggest a good and genuine place I can lay my hands on some.

Got to celebrate - Belated Valentine's Day ..... am there for a day tomorrow.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
There are few good places in Hyderabad/Secunderabad to buy pearls,but you are coming here at wrong time as the twin cities are adhering to a 48-hour bandh call given by the Telangana Joint Action Committee beginning from today.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 22nd February 2011 at 11:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks