Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 22:37   #61
BHPian

Re: International Honeymoon on a budget. Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You can easily manage Egypt or Istanbul for 5-6 days on a 2 lac budget. Plenty to see and plenty to do.
Includes airfare, hotel, sightseeing in a private car with driver and guide (Egypt) and a little basic shopping.
Your airfare from Bombay is likely to be quite cheap. Especially if you use Turkish Airlines or EgyptAir.
Not to sound stupid but the tourism scene in Turkey and Egypt is a bit scary these days with all acts of terrorism happening. I know you cannot plan your life like that but I have been hearing a lot about ISIS activities etc in Turkey and Egypt. Just yesterday there was a bomb last in Ankara and 32 people died!

Any other places?
Old 16th March 2016, 04:23   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Not to sound stupid but the tourism scene in Turkey and Egypt is a bit scary these days with all acts of terrorism happening. I know you cannot plan your life like that but I have been hearing a lot about ISIS activities etc in Turkey and Egypt. Just yesterday there was a bomb last in Ankara and 32 people died!

Any other places?
Well I spent an idyllic week in Turkey in December end. And I spent another idyllic week in Egypt the whole of last week.
These were zero compromise holidays - first class airlines and first class hotels were used, where the threat to security is mitigated. Yet, these can be accomplished on a reasonable budget. No need to burn big bucks for these holidays.
I refuse to let my life be ruled by these threats.
For that matter even Srinagar or Kaziranga or other places within India itself are classified as dangerous.
Your choice.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 16th March 2016 at 04:25.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 11:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Well I spent an idyllic week in Turkey in December end. And I spent another idyllic week in Egypt the whole of last week.
These were zero compromise holidays - first class airlines and first class hotels were used, where the threat to security is mitigated. Yet, these can be accomplished on a reasonable budget. No need to burn big bucks for these holidays.
I refuse to let my life be ruled by these threats.
Your choice.
Absolutely agree with you. So if given a choice between Egypt and Turkey, which one would you choose? I would love to learn your travel itinerary for both Egypt and Turkey (hotels you stayed and locations you visited). If not possible to share here, I would really appreciate a PM on this!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Old 16th March 2016, 23:16   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Need help with suggestions for honeymoon places. I am planning to travel in November/December period this year.

I was thinking of Greece but am not sure if the temperatures would be comfortable in the Nov-Dec period. Would you suggest any other European country which does get very cold during December and is beautiful?
During Christmas, you can go to the Canary islands, or Algarve, as it not peak season, there are lots of offers.

Spike
Old 31st March 2017, 09:17   #65
BHPian

Hi Everyone

I am planning for a honeymoon in mid-July. Me and my fiance have finalized beach and nature as the theme. We have shortlisted some locations (Bali, Mauritius, Seychelles, Malaysia & Thailand) but are struggling to plan and book the trip. I have sought help from some of the online portals too. But I feel getting advise from a person would be a lot helpful. Please suggest if you know any travel advisers in Bangalore(members or nonmembers too).

Last edited by ANewExperience : 31st March 2017 at 09:19.
Old 31st March 2017, 11:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
Hi Everyone

I am planning for a honeymoon in mid-July. Me and my fiance have finalized beach and nature as the theme. We have shortlisted some locations (Bali, Mauritius, Seychelles, Malaysia & Thailand) but are struggling to plan and book the trip. I have sought help from some of the online portals too. But I feel getting advise from a person would be a lot helpful. Please suggest if you know any travel advisers in Bangalore(members or nonmembers too).
Congrats to you and your better half. Yesterday my relatives told me that they have confirmed on a 11N/10D trip called STAR OF ASIA through Thomas Cook costing to 1.25 lakh per person included with 4star accommodation + food + bus coach commuting + all airfares + visa process. The itinerary includes star cruise Gemini accommodation of 2 nights. Also includes madam tussands wax museum and many more. Only thing that extra from your pocket is entry tickets for parks and musuems and other is your personal shopping. You could get more details in their website. Thought this might help you.

Disclaimer: I do not have any commercial interest in specifying the above information. I put it here because 2 family relatives of mine have already booked this travel to be scheduled in may and so I am just sharing with you their travel plan knowledge that I have.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:15   #67
BHPian

Hi Folks, need to your help in deciding a honeymoon for the month of December.

A complete no no for Bali, Phuket, Mauritius, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.

Few Pointers:
1. Budget: 1-1.5 Lakhs per head
2. From: Delhi
3. Duration: 10-12 days
4. Place should be peaceful and extremely beautiful.
5. No beach destination please.

We are considering France and Italy but not sure how the weather is going to be. Since it generally snows in the month of December, I am afraid bad weather could be a party pooper.

How is Greece at that time of year? can I club it with some other place?

Help!

Last edited by drive_angry : 3rd July 2017 at 16:16. Reason: Spell check
Old 10th October 2017, 10:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hi Folks, need to your help in deciding a honeymoon for the month of December.

A complete no no for Bali, Phuket, Mauritius, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
Not sure if you have finalized the location but how about Australia/New Zealand? Europe in December might not be a good idea due to weather and reduced daylight. You might have to increase your budget a bit for Australia/New Zealand, in my opinion. Also consider South Africa which might offer a good combination of adventure and beauty.
Old 10th October 2017, 14:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
We are considering France and Italy but not sure how the weather is going to be.
- If it is Rome, its pleasant during December (10 degrees at daytime). Coming from Delhi shouldnt be difficult to adjust. I myself visited during 2nd week of December.
- Paris would be cold.
- Southern parts of Spain would be good as well. A friend of mine visited Barcelona during the same 2nd week December.

In general as long as it doesn't rain it would be good to visit in December. Final 2 weeks of December and 1st week of January is a strict no-no. Its holiday season and every darn thing would be expensive, and would be crowded as well.

Most Viewed