Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2013, 11:24   #31

Re: mangalore to mysore

Guys,
Any new updates on the status of Madikeri - Mangalore route? Have to travel to Mangalore via Mysore post christmas and I've heard horror stories about this route.
Old 24th December 2013, 15:47   #32
BHPian

Which car will you be taking. I travelled 10 days back with a Punto, the roads are doable and the 30 Km stretch from Sampaje to Jalsoor too 1Hr15Mins.
Old 16th June 2014, 12:06   #33
BHPian

I had gone in last week of May from Mangalore to Madikeri. The road overall if you take is good, work on the highway is going on. Altogether i feel maximum total 10 kms bad stretch is there, that is also motorable. After the rains start the bad patch may deteriorate further but i hope it will be patched up so should not be much of a problem.
Old 16th June 2014, 12:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
I had gone in last week of May from Mangalore to Madikeri. The road overall if you take is good, work on the highway is going on. Altogether i feel maximum total 10 kms bad stretch is there, that is also motorable. After the rains start the bad patch may deteriorate further but i hope it will be patched up so should not be much of a problem.
Could you kindly advise what was the route taken and time taken.TIA
Old 16th June 2014, 12:17   #35
BHPian

Re: Route Information : Mangalore to Mysore

My route was Mangalore - Mani - Puttur - Sullia - Madikeri. While going my wife was driving and since it was her first time in the ghats it took us 4 hours driving leisurely. On way back i was driving again it took us 4 hours, but that included 1 hour for lunch at Puttur.
Old 29th September 2014, 06:01   #36

I did the Mysore -> Madikeri -> Sampaje -> Suliya -> Puttur -> Mani -> Mangalore -> Udupi trip and I found most of the stretch good, except for some very bad patches between Sampaje to Suliya post rains took us about 4.5 hrs as we had our children needing a few breaks.
Old 27th July 2016, 13:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up this old thread. Thinking of doing Mysore to Mangalore road trip sometime soon and wanted to know the road conditions and the best route to take.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 27th July 2016, 19:47   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Thinking of doing Mysore to Mangalore road trip sometime soon and wanted to know the road conditions and the best route to take.
You can take the regular Mysore-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri-Sampaje ghat-Sulla-Mangalore route, road conditions are fine, not sure of any adverse impact due to monsoons.
Old 10th March 2020, 19:16   #39
BHPian

Bump

Does anyone have the latest update on Mysore-Mangalore by road? Road conditions, best route to take?
Old 10th March 2020, 20:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Bump

Does anyone have the latest update on Mysore-Mangalore by road? Road conditions, best route to take?
The regular route is good to go. Mysore - Kushal Nagar - Madikeri - Sullya - Mangalore.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 11:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
The regular route is good to go. Mysore - Kushal Nagar - Madikeri - Sullya - Mangalore.
Thanks a lot for the update. I will be driving from Mysore to South Goa next week and plan to take this route. I plan to leave Mysore post-lunch, stay overnight at Udupi and complete the rest of the journey on the next day.

Will update this thread post the drive.
Old 1st December 2020, 22:06   #42
BHPian

Bump!
Planning to drive back to Mysore towards the end of December or early Jan. How is the condition of the road back to Mysore? Gmaps is suggesting Puttur, Sullia, Madikeri and Mysore. There is one more route via Mudigere, Belur, Hassan and Mysore.
How is the condition of these routes? I don't mind a longer route if the roads are good
Old 1st December 2020, 23:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Bump!
Planning to drive back to Mysore towards the end of December or early Jan. How is the condition of the road back to Mysore? Gmaps is suggesting Puttur, Sullia, Madikeri and Mysore. There is one more route via Mudigere, Belur, Hassan and Mysore.
Surely via Sullya, Madikeri which is the straight forward route.
The condition also good. (Sullya - Mysore is in good state. Not sure about M'lore - Sullya at the moment). The other route you said just adds easily extra 2 hours without any advantages except some sceneries probably.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 07:11   #44
BHPian

Hi all,

Planning a drive from Bandipur to Mangalore next week. Any latest update if the road conditions are good for Bandipur-Mysore-Madikeri-Sullia-Puttur-Mangalore?

Also, I will be traveling from Mangalore/Udupi to Hyd later that week, there are quite a few routes, any route to avoid or any suggested route?

Thanks
Niel
Old 20th December 2021, 09:17   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel@Figo View Post
Hi all,
Also, I will be traveling from Mangalore/Udupi to Hyd later that week, there are quite a few routes, any route to avoid or any suggested route?
l
Hi Neil, I had recently traveled from Mysore to Mangalore and the route remains fine for the most part. Mysore to Hunsur is not so great but had no issues from Madikere to Mangalore.
mazda4life is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks