Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 17:09   #61
BHPian

Re: Pune - Nashik Alternate Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
The new Nashik - Pune NH60 highway was almost complete when I drove on it (on Jan 26th). There was some news yesterday that Toll Nakas have started toll collection from today. Trust me, the drive is delightful apart from the some old stretches as we get closer to the Rajgurunagar - Pune (old 4-lane). It took me 3hr 10 minutes non stop from Nashik Phata to Nashik Road on the evening of Jan 26. It should take you that much time, maybe less now. Proceed with confidence, no need to take alternate routes now.
Thank you! I had almost made up my mind to take the route via Thane - The one suggested in the last post (#79) here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...queries-6.html

Now, I won't take that route - will save me some 80 kms (There wasn't any time difference anyway)

Will update when I'm back.

Thanks again!
AD

PS: 3 hours 10 minutes to cover that distance - some sort of a record it seems. Google suggests approx. 4.5 hours!
aishwaryadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 18:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwaryadeep View Post
Thank you! I had almost made up my mind to take the route via Thane - The one suggested in the last post (#79) here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...queries-6.html

Now, I won't take that route - will save me some 80 kms (There wasn't any time difference anyway)

Will update when I'm back.

Thanks again!
AD

PS: 3 hours 10 minutes to cover that distance - some sort of a record it seems. Google suggests approx. 4.5 hours!
No record. It is genuinely that good. I was only doing constant 100 on the straights and 80-90 on the well marked 4-lane ghats (The 130odd km stretch marked as NH60). With no stops, it was easily done and dusted. The road has just started and most of the challenging bits have been removed, Google probably doesn't know it yet

Note: If you are comfortable driving in the dark, it is easy to beat traffic. The worst part will be between Nashik Road and Sinnar, the rest is smooth sailing.
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 14:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
No record. It is genuinely that good. I was only doing constant 100 on the straights and 80-90 on the well marked 4-lane ghats (The 130odd km stretch marked as NH60). With no stops, it was easily done and dusted. The road has just started and most of the challenging bits have been removed, Google probably doesn't know it yet

Note: If you are comfortable driving in the dark, it is easy to beat traffic. The worst part will be between Nashik Road and Sinnar, the rest is smooth sailing.
Thanks antz.bin for the suggestions. Completed the trip yesterday. Drove from Trimbakeshwar to Nashik Phata in 5 hours flat (with approx. 1 hour break in between).

Trimbakeshwar to Nashik Road was a breeze. Nashik road to Sinnar was a nightmare. The rest, again, was smooth. However, one needs to be careful of numerous diversions on the under construction road.

Thanks!
AD
aishwaryadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 14:28   #64
BANNED

I am planning to do Nashik trip coming long weekend. So from Kharadi, I should take
  1. Nagar road -> Kawathe - Jambut road NH61 -> NH60
  2. Elphinston Road -> khadki -> NH60
What is the current road condition? I am a sedate driver and planning to leave Pune by 8 in the morning. How much driving time should I consider?

Also, I will be with my elderly parent and 3 year old, any suggestion of a good place for break and have lunch on the way?
Old 17th April 2017, 11:24   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am planning to do Nashik trip coming long weekend. So from Kharadi, I should take
  1. Nagar road -> Kawathe - Jambut road NH61 -> NH60
  2. Elphinston Road -> khadki -> NH60
What is the current road condition? I am a sedate driver and planning to leave Pune by 8 in the morning. How much driving time should I consider?

Also, I will be with my elderly parent and 3 year old, any suggestion of a good place for break and have lunch on the way?
Completed Nashik trip last weekend. NH60, 4 lane work still going on. Almost 60 KMs near Pune and 30 KM from Nashik are still 2 lane. It is quiet breeze to maintain 120 KMPH speed in the 4 lane areas, where speed drops to 40-60 range in 2 lane part.
Took me around 4 hour 30 minutes driving time excluding the breaks, where major time consuming areas are from Pune to Rajgurunagar and also provided I have to deal with usual Pune traffic till Kharadi.
Old 28th October 2017, 12:32   #66
BHPian

During my recent cab drive to Mumbai, driver was mentioning that Pune- Nashik 4 lane is all done with ring road at sangamner & might be Rajgurunagar kind of. According to him this is an excellent 4 lane road now. Looking forward for some posting on this new high way.
Old 29th October 2017, 11:37   #67
BHPian

The road from Alephata to Nashik is done now. I.e. almost 100- 120kms road is good.

Chakan chowk and Rajgurunagar continue to be traffic hotspots.

The best way to beat the traffic is to start the travel early in morning. If you manage to start from Pune by 5:30am, you can reach Nashik by ~8:45am.
bulletboy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 05:22   #68
BHPian

Need to go urgently to Devlali from Pune on this Sunday 14 July and return. The thread stops at 29 October 2017.

Has anyone travelled lately, is there an improvement in the road conditions?

Would be grateful for feedback
Old 14th October 2021, 21:59   #69
BHPian

Hi,

We travelling to Nashik tomorrow, we will be starting from hadapsar, which route shall we take ?
Old 15th October 2021, 07:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi,

We travelling to Nashik tomorrow, we will be starting from hadapsar, which route shall we take ?
The usual route Alandi - Chakan - Nashik Pune Highway.

I travelled same route last month. Road is in good condition. Just watch out for surprise potholes near road dividers. Condition worsens as you near Sinnar. Have a safe journey.
dpat17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 14:48   #71
BHPian

Fed up with massive traffic snarls while exiting Pune (while travelling to Indore) at within City till Chakan then Rajgurunagar, Manchar and Narayangaoin & sometimes Alephata as well: I have tried going Via (few times till last year)
> wakad - Khopoli - Karjat - Shahpur - Igatpuri - Nashik - Indore.

Except Khopoli to Karjat route was in very good condition. Only last 10-15 KMs before Shahpur were with some potholes (not bad).

Since we started around 6 AM, i recall - reaching Nashik around 11, with one stop for breakfast & two short stops for Bio Breaks.

This route will be beautiful & scenic during & after Monsoon.
saurabh2711 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 11:35   #72
Team-BHP Support

Travelled Pune - Nashik and back recently. The roads are mostly good; but the misery of crossing Chakan, Rajgurunagar and Manchar remains. All the ghats/mountain passes are going through widening.

PS: massive roadwork going on around Panchavati so a) a lot of roads are closed/diverted, b) parking is a challenge. It may be ideal to park somewhere far and take an auto. And no, autos don't run by the meter so you can book the same auto on Ola for half or lesser the cost.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks