Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 14:13   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chidambaram : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIL2_HGi10 View Post
A colleague suggested me Hotel Sadhabishegam
That is in Thirukadaiyur, which is quite a bit away. I stayed in one in Sirkazhi couple of years back. If you are ok, I can recommend you the place.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 14:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
That is in Thirukadaiyur, which is quite a bit away. I stayed in one in Sirkazhi couple of years back. If you are ok, I can recommend you the place.
Thank you @narayans80 Sir, kindly suggest.
I am an open book right now, anything and everything is a lead and I can jot down a plan according to the best feasibility.
Old 16th March 2022, 16:00   #78
BHPian

In Sirkazhi, You can try out Navagiraha resorts which is located perfectly in the outskirts and some famous temples are pretty much reachable from there. They might guide you effectively.
Jebs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 18:52   #79
Team-BHP Support

A google about hotels in Chidambaram throws out some options. They seem decent. Please do check them out as well. I also witnessed a couple of them at Vaithewsvaran Kovil. Not sure how are they today. They looked good then.

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2022 at 18:55.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 19:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

The Grand White Palace (07094435155) was decent when I stayed in Sirkali a few years ago. It has a restaurant and ample parking space.

The other other options I used were Hotel Garden (9865130830) and Hotel Sampoorna (04364 273422). These two are budget places and Ok with parking facility, but no restaurant.

Sirkali is my hometown but currently no relatives live there with whom I can stay, so whenever I visit I stay in one of these places. It is midpoint between Chidambaram and Mayiladuthurai. Both places are 20 km from Sirkali. Vaitheeswarankoil is 8 km away on the Mayiladuthurai route. Hotel Sadhabhishekam will be decent in that place, but it is a very small town.

Apart from Nataraja temple the other places to visit are the Big Temple in Sirkali, Vaitheeswaran Koil and Thirukadaiyur temples.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 08:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kindly suggest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The Grand White Palace (07094435155) was decent when I stayed in Sirkali a few years ago.

Gansan beat me to it I stayed in the exact place in 2019. I think the hotel is in the Temple Car street. So leaving early is recommended. We left by 9, so was a breeze.

We made it to 3 temples by lunch time.
Old 17th March 2022, 11:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

Another interesting spot to visit in Chidambaram will be the Pichavaram backwaters. It is one of the largest mangrove forests in India, I think second only to that of West Bengal. But one must dedicate time for this, because exploration will be by boats piloted by the locals. Else it will be very easy to lose one's way and keep running in circles in that vast maze.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pichavaram
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 20:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

There is one more mangrove forest near Muthupettai, but that's a lot less accessible than Pichavaram. Its a good 40 minutes from Muthupettai, which itself is 1.5 hrs from Velankanni towards Mimisal
Old 18th March 2022, 00:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you @Ravi - what all could I cover, if I add one more day.
Yes, it is going to be extremely hot and humid, but no other choice.

Thanks yet again, I will bookmark all these places - restuarant and hotel.
A colleague suggested me Hotel Sadhabishegam which is a bit far from Chidambaram but extremely good it seems. (GoIbibo Rating is 4.2/5) I can apparently also cover Vaitheeswaran Koil Amman sannathy which is close to this place of stay.

So I was thinking, drive down to Hotel Sadhabishegam, check-in, relax for some time, then evening visit Vaitheeswaran Koil. Next day early morning, take bath, skip breakfast and visit the Nataraja Temple and Thillai Kali amman temple, have lunch and then proceed to Bangalore. On the way, I can cover the 2 places that you suggest. What do you think ?

Let me know if the route will differ if I go to Vaitheeswaran directly.
Can I also add the suggestions provided by @adisan?
Also please do suggest what all could I add if we extend the stay by a day?
Sorry for barging you with so many questions.
There are two Hotel Sadhabhishegam run by same management. First and old one is in Vaitheeswaran koil, which is like a mini resort type. And the 2nd one is in Thirukadayur Sannithi street near to temple, which is kind of just boarding and lodging.

In my view, i don't recommend you to goto Vaitheeswaran Koil from Bangalore and see only Vaitheeswaran Koil temple and then drive to Chidambaram next day. You will lose time in curvy heavy traffic roads, tiring and going to Vaitheeswaran koil just for that one temple is not a good idea. There are many great temples around that, so you should plan for a separate trip around Mayiladuthurai, Vaitheeswaran Koil, Thirukadayur and nearby Divyadesam/Navagraha temples apart from Pitchavaram Mangrove forest boating - sometime post August/September when weather is better.

For this trip considering hot weather, what i suggest is, you stick to Chidambaram plan only.
Day-1 : Start early morning and reach Chidambaram by noon. Have lunch and take rest. Evening around 4 pm, start to Sirkali , visit the Sattanathar temple and return back to Chidambaram and see Thillai kali temple. If you still have time, have one quick darshan of Natrajar and Perumal. Chidambaram is the only temple, where we can see both Divya desam - Govinda Raja Perumal and Shiva as Natrajar (one of pancha bootha sthalas for sky/aether) by standing in same Place.
Day-2 : As you wanted to skip breakfast, goto Natrajar temple straight very early in the morning which itself will take you 2 full hours to see it leisurely. Spend all the time required there, which is your primary purpose.
Finish breakfast, checkout and start return journey by 10 am atleast. On the way, take a 2 kms detour from NH to Vridhachalam Viruthagireeswarar temple which is about 1 hour drive from Chidambaram. Reach temple by 11 am, and it should take max 1 hour to see it. Around 12 or 12.30 start from Vridhachalam and you can reach Attur A2B for lunch around 1.30 or 2 pm. Finish lunch and drive back to Bangalore to reach by evening for dinner.

With hot weather conditions, previous day travel, temple trips/walking etc, i think doing this much in 2 days itself will be good enough with family for this trip. On a lighter note, being a Bangalore weather cajoled people (unless ready to bear /manage the hot weather otherwise) doing several days of trip including driving is more tiring and exhausting.
Apologies, if it was offending in any way! - I am just joking in generic way how bangalore weather even in summer is manageable compared to other places

That said, drink lots of tender coconuts and nungu from palm trees, which will be available in plenty on the way to keep everyone hydrated. They are simply awesome!

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 18th March 2022 at 00:18.
ravib is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 10:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Chidambaram is the only temple, where we can see both Divya desam - Govinda Raja Perumal and Shiva as Natrajar (one of pancha bootha sthalas for sky/aether) by standing in same Place.
"Standing in the same place" is literally true or just a figurative use?

In Kanchipuram, Ekambareshwarar temple is a pancha bhoota sthala for Shiva (earth), and also a Divya Desam as Nilathingal Perumal, but one cannot see both by standing in the same place.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 11:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
"Standing in the same place" is literally true or just a figurative use?

In Kanchipuram, Ekambareshwarar temple is a pancha bhoota sthala for Shiva (earth), and also a Divya Desam as Nilathingal Perumal, but one cannot see both by standing in the same place.
Yes, it is literally true. By standing in same place, we can see, on left side Govindaraja Perumal and straight/right side you can see Natrajar.

While writing that sentence, I was also thinking about Kanchipuram Ekambareswarar temple and Nila thunga perumal, but, we cannot see both the deity from one place. That's the difference.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 14:45   #87

Iam planning to visit the "Thillai Natarajar" Temple in Chidambaram. Is there any car parking facility ( free or paid) near the temple entrance? if so, which entrance i should set my google map ?
Old 11th February 2023, 12:31   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna sankar View Post
Iam planning to visit the "Thillai Natarajar" Temple in Chidambaram. Is there any car parking facility ( free or paid) near the temple entrance? if so, which entrance i should set my google map ?
There is no separate car parking facility close to the temple, but the road side parking close to Eastern Entrance of temple is managed by the local authorities.
Old 3rd May 2023, 16:24   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
In my view, i don't recommend you to goto Vaitheeswaran Koil from Bangalore and see only Vaitheeswaran Koil temple and then drive to Chidambaram next day.
Hi Ravi - Salem - attur - chidambaram - V.Kovil still the best route to get to V.Kovil? Google maami showing some route via Tiruvannamalai, hence asking.
Old 3rd May 2023, 16:52   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Google maami showing some route via Tiruvannamalai, hence asking.
Tiruvannamalai route is in good condition. Just the bypasses need to be completed.

Since you are heading south Krishnagiri-Tiruvannamalai-Vettavalam-Villupuram bypass-Veppur-Vriddachalam-Chidambaram would be way to go.

Krishnagiri-Tindivanam is wider till Tiruvannamalai and get a touch narrower after Tiruvannamalai to Tindivanam. And you'll avoid Gingee town, which took us the most time to negotiate.

ECR is being expanded south to Mahabalipuram through Chidambaram. Less you deal with it, the better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks