Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 18:35   #76
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: City to Vento - Good switch?

Hard to compare a petrol vs a diesel in the same segment actually not that fair. City normally has good resale so even the the increase in price of petrol the vento diesel may just match it in the resale aspect. But there is also the build quality of the vento and the way the doors shut which are all a bit better than in the city.

The vento makes more sense overall, yet the City sure is a looker and yet further all VW are in general drab looking compared to hondas.
Old 12th October 2011, 18:50   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda city prices in the used car market are no longer that great. I am trying to sell off my NHC 2005 done 50k kms and maintained decently. According to carwale I should get around 3.5 L for it. But the best offer I have got till now is around 2.6L. The reason being increasing petrol prices and the recent unnatural price cuts by Honda.
Old 12th October 2011, 22:15   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
if you can wait then why no XUV5OO,its is a great car and comes with lot of gadgets,or you can look at cruze as well thats an awesome car on highway,there are many other options as well.
well, might be, waiting for the TD review on Team-bhp before that comes into my list. But might consider.
Old 12th October 2011, 22:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
well, might be, waiting for the TD review on Team-bhp before that comes into my list. But might consider.
it will be up in few hours,and IMO you should get this car,if you can then buy XUV5OO W8 AWD.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vento TDi Highline or City V or Skoda Fabia 1.6

• 3000 km per month calls for a diesel. You had absolutely no right to go for a petrol car in the 1st place.
  • Now it is too late for redemption. But with 3000km per month Vento diesel can still make sense. It all depends how much resale you avail and what will be the cost of the new diesel. Do remember you need not only cover the extra investment but also the interest on that investment. On the flip side the diesel Vento will hold more resale value.
  • As for the car, in-case you are driving on highways Vento makes more sense. Thanks to tight body control, little body roll & good road grip.
  • As for performance both are the best in their respective segments. My personal preference is the diesel due to the presence of huge torque low down in the rev range. But then there are petrol-heads who are crazy about Honda Ivtecs.
  • For rear seat comfort both are good. Hopnda has a bit more space and lacks the central tunnel. The Vento on the other hand is equipped with rear aircon vents and impresses with a supirior ride quality.
  • As for the trivial part, the interior quality of Vento is better than city & in terms of features none are segment leaders.
  • And for the A$$ it is always safe to bank on Honda than VW. But yes the 5000 KM service can be a pain. Specially if you have to take it there every 2 months.
My opinion is to drive the Vento and if you feel the car is good to drive, pick it by all means. If not stick to the Honda. There is a lot to life than compromising on driving pleasure for mere economics. Driving 3000km in a Honda will not make you broke. Neither will the initial cost and A$$ of VW.

Good luck.
Old 13th October 2011, 22:37   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
it will be up in few hours,and IMO you should get this car,if you can then buy XUV5OO W8 AWD.
The XUV review is coming up soon? Do you know about it or just speculated ?
Old 14th October 2011, 10:50   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The XUV review is coming up soon? Do you know about it or just speculated ?
It was just speculated,like"man ki awaaz" .
Old 9th December 2011, 22:37   #83
BHPian

I'm going totally crazy.

Am also shifting from a Honda City to Vento or Rapid.

Please let me explain my confusion: I am finding it very hard to choose between Rapid and Vento,

1. I love the way the Rapid looks in its c.beige color. But I also love the way Vento looks in the blue color

2. The Rapid is around 80k cheaper than Vento but the Vento I feel, feels a little better to sit inside in.

3. From the TBhp official reports they say the rapid had slightly better noise insulation and better suspension, but how much of a difference is there, have driven both but the brief test drive had me more confused.

4. I already have a Laura but I am comfortable with *** of Skoda, but is it advisable to have 2 Skoda's?

5. I like the exterior looks if the Skoda but like interiors of the Vento better, but then again I will be putting Stanley's and maybe caska unit which should make the interiors better.

6. Also, I want to put tweeters and better speakers and reverse parking sensors and the camera, will this void warranty, any way I can install this without voiding warranty (I know this might have been answered elsewhere, but would appreciate an answer nonetheless)

The thing I want from the car is a feel good factor and a car which drives better as I would be using this on highway drives. Guys please help.

I am sorry for the long post and I wish this is in the appropriate thread
Old 10th December 2011, 08:30   #84
BHPian

I request you to test drive the new Vento which was released post september to get a better idea on the suspension and NVH. I believe the official review was done with the pre refreshed Vento.
Old 10th December 2011, 08:41   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vento TDi Highline or City V or Skoda Fabia 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
I'm going totally crazy.
Am also shifting from a Honda City to Vento or Rapid.
From the posts it looks your heart is with Vento. IMO, both are good but as you say Vento has an edge but RAPID is the VFM sedan in the C segment!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th December 2011 at 08:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks