Any other option 9 2.33%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 14:17   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
At speed, the City’s ride is settled and flat, with almost no vertical movement.
To experience what a "flat" ride really is, take the Linea for a spin. It is the benchmark in my opinion.

Quote:
The City also has the nicer steering. Though it’s a bit numb, it weighs up well at speed and is quite free of slack. What’s truly impressive is the City’s straight-line stability, which gives you good confidence at speed.

Steering and straight line stability are another Fiat benchmark.

Negatives of the Linea are odd ball driver seating, not roomy in any sense of it, not as fuel efficient as the competition and a mushy gearbox.

However, you can't cannot ignore the 207nm of torque at just 2200rpm. Its the first thing you notice when you mash the throttle.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th September 2014 at 14:18.
Old 19th September 2014, 00:42   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
To experience what a "flat" ride really is, take the Linea for a spin. It is the benchmark in my opinion.

Steering and straight line stability are another Fiat benchmark.

Negatives of the Linea are odd ball driver seating, not roomy in any sense of it, not as fuel efficient as the competition and a mushy gearbox.
Agreed completely on the Linea, I was commenting on the comparison between City and Vento and between these 3, I somehow liked the way the Vento TSI+DSG delivers, maybe I am blinded. I found that motor+DSG immensely practical.

Funny way they have set up that driver seat in the Linea, neck behind, chest front.
Gear shifts is good with the face lift, nicely slots in.

Quote:
However, you can't cannot ignore the 207nm of torque at just 2200rpm. Its the first thing you notice when you mash the throttle.
I think on the face lift Linea that turbo punch is subdued a bit for linear delivery, the engine spins freely and the car is real FAAAST.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 19th September 2014 at 00:47.
Old 19th September 2014, 10:07   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found that motor+DSG immensely practical.
This is what it is all about. My first experience of this combination was on the VW GT Tsi. More than the power and fun of a fast shifting automatic, it was the ease of driving that ranked high.

If I were to pitch the automatics, it will be the Vento Tsi, eyes closed. I am going to put behind all issues with the dsg and occasional hiccups with VW service. The Tsi is hands down the best deal out there.
Old 19th September 2014, 21:05   #199
BHPian

Quote:
More than the power and fun of a fast shifting automatic, ....
That is an integral part of the driving experience with DSG's, that's what makes it stand out as it makes driving fun.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:57   #200
Senior - BHPian

ZigWheels reviewed the Petrol Ciaz. Here's the link :

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...review/19784/3

Thanks RavenAvi for the link.

The verdict says :

The petrol Ciaz falls short on the performance front. If you like your revs, enjoy the twisties and drive with a heavy foot more often than not, this isn’t the car for you.

Will wait for our Team-Bhp team's review as well.

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd September 2014 at 13:59.
Old 4th January 2016, 11:44   #201
BHPian

Sorry to barge in. I am looking for a petrol sedan(manual only). I am from chennai. I checked Skoda rapid. I liked the car. I am aware of what kind of issues Skoda have. I am yet to do the test drive. I know couple of owners who had a swift before and now more happier with rapid petrol. So keeping aside the service related issues, how best we can consider rapid.
I am also having Honda city, mobilio in my list. Have also cross checked on etios. Yes I am looking for cars with 1500cc or more. I am not having a flair for Hyundai as I didn't like the rear seat experience. I checked the tjet, problem was my head was touching the roof when I tried the rear seat. I am fine with the leg room.
Having mentioned all these I am yet to do a TD of these. Please suggest with your opinion.
Old 6th January 2016, 10:13   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Having mentioned all these I am yet to do a TD of these. Please suggest with your opinion.
Why not try the VW Vento. It is essentially the Rapid, with better service coverage. I'm sure the engine wouldn't disappoint you.
Old 21st June 2016, 06:49   #203
BHPian

Hi guys,

Apologies for barging in.

I test drove a Tjet yesterday, and was it awesome or what! The otr price quoted is ~ 10 lacs ( top end emotion). I have the following questions on which guidance will be very helpful:

1. Is the Linea Tjet a reliable car?
2. How is the fiat ass? I'm at Pune (PCMC), which is a good service centre here?
3. I have read some horror stories about their service and part availability. I'm told that it is much better now lost break up with Tata. Is that correct?
4. I'm very finicky about vehicle safety ( the car seems very safe) and peaceful ownership. Hence caught in this quandary... Is the Tjet the right car for me?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks