Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 13:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What Car : Sunny vs Vento ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathsolomon View Post
Hi Guys,

I am booking Vento Automatic next week. Delivery on spot.
Good decision. Vento is a great buy (TDI's and AT's), Congrats!

Cheers!
Old 8th October 2011, 20:49   #32
BHPian

What was the on road price for the Old Jetta Trendline model ???
Old 9th October 2011, 22:40   #33
BHPian

guys
Pl let me know the on road price old jetta 2.0 TDI trendline model.
I need to decide tomorrow.

Also how much does the cost of a vehicle depreciate in a year
ie if I buy a 2011 level model in 2012 how much does the depreciation works out to..

regards
\
Bharath
\
Old 10th October 2011, 18:30   #34
BHPian

Hi Guys !!

Any one to help me with the above.

regards

Bharath
Old 10th October 2011, 18:35   #35
BHPian

for your usage pattern,i think if budget is not a problem buy vento tdi highline now with added feautres it makes perfect buy for you
Old 19th October 2011, 23:09   #36
BHPian

I recommend Honda City Automatic since 2 hours of bumper to bumper traffic can be made effortless with paddle shifts.
Old 20th October 2011, 16:17   #37
BHPian

Hey! Bharath hope you made your choice.
We were lucky in getting good used options for the laura.
1. Jan 2010 Laura Ambiente manual 2.0 diesel, 13kms, white, no extra acc. Asking price was 11.5l

2.Jul 2009 Laura 1.8TSI,18kms, 16" alloy form the surberb, yokohama 215/55 tyres, philips HID, Stanley leather, kagu mats & a dhinchak music system. Asking price was 11L

Looking at the usage the 2.0 was a better & a sensible buy. But the heart won & got the 1.8tsi minus the dhinchak music system) for 10L
All the best.
Cheers
Old 20th October 2011, 16:38   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry I missed the updates on this thread...

Vento AT as subodh pointed out will be perfect and your wife loves it too, so what are you waiting for? The on-road price should be 11.x or so, I guess. If you are getting the old Jetta (presumably a brand new one) for 13 lac OTR, that will be a steal. I love the old Jetta's looks: those round rear lamps, the oversized logo in front make it very distinctive looking. The 2 lit CRdi is a proven performer. The only thing you need to watch out for is: is it the DSG? Theoretically it's a great gearbox but there have been far too many failures reported on the forums for my liking. The Vento's old school 6 speed torque convertor is much more reilable in that regard.

Get the Vento, dude- and use the 2 lacs to treat yourselves to a European vacation!

PS: I think the old Jetta on-road was about 16 lac
Old 20th October 2011, 16:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Please ensure the date of birth of the old jetta you are being offered. Some of those were available in Delhi sometime back and were all 2010 models. You do not want to buy a car that was rotting in the yards for a long time specially a european car.

Also are you really keen on buying something that's been changed by a very radically different looking car? I would not recommend buying the old Jetta however much a nice car it is. Get the Vento mate!
Old 21st October 2011, 15:19   #40
BHPian

If you are looking at the auto petrol then imo honda city is a better buy. It has a better engine, is a bit more spacious as far head room is concerned, it'll be cheaper to maintain & is cheaper to buy.
All the best.
Cheers
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sorry I missed the updates on this thread...

Vento AT as subodh pointed out will be perfect and your wife loves it too, so what are you waiting for? The on-road price should be 11.x or so, I guess. If you are getting the old Jetta (presumably a brand new one) for 13 lac OTR, that will be a steal. I love the old Jetta's looks: those round rear lamps, the oversized logo in front make it very distinctive looking. The 2 lit CRdi is a proven performer. The only thing you need to watch out for is: is it the DSG? Theoretically it's a great gearbox but there have been far too many failures reported on the forums for my liking. The Vento's old school 6 speed torque convertor is much more reilable in that regard.

Get the Vento, dude- and use the 2 lacs to treat yourselves to a European vacation!

PS: I think the old Jetta on-road was about 16 lac
Hi Anoop,

13 lakhs is ex showroow - OTR is 13.81.
I am gettting 4 years warranty, 0% depreciation insurance, plus freebies like ,mat,cover.
With petrol prices hiking every 2 months or so, My thoughts have turned to Jetta. I am planning to get a seperate automatic for my wife ( this will be next research and hunting expedition after my Jetta acquisition).

Checked with the service team. its not the DSG box. From their reports, looks like i will not have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Please ensure the date of birth of the old jetta you are being offered. Some of those were available in Delhi sometime back and were all 2010 models. You do not want to buy a car that was rotting in the yards for a long time specially a european car.

Also are you really keen on buying something that's been changed by a very radically different looking car? I would not recommend buying the old Jetta however much a nice car it is. Get the Vento mate!

Hi Mohit,

I somehow like the old Jetta and it looks more solid than the new one. But the interiors of the new one are better. Maybe i will be spending money to give a facelift to the old jetta. All old Jetta models were 2010. It was December 2010 when production for the old jetta stopped. This info was given by the showroom manager at TVS. Can you please let me know if this is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo007 View Post
If you are looking at the auto petrol then imo honda city is a better buy. It has a better engine, is a bit more spacious as far head room is concerned, it'll be cheaper to maintain & is cheaper to buy.
All the best.
Cheers
I am somehow put off by the city's love for scraping the bumpers on chennai roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo007 View Post
Hey! Bharath hope you made your choice.
We were lucky in getting good used options for the laura.
1. Jan 2010 Laura Ambiente manual 2.0 diesel, 13kms, white, no extra acc. Asking price was 11.5l

2.Jul 2009 Laura 1.8TSI,18kms, 16" alloy form the surberb, yokohama 215/55 tyres, philips HID, Stanley leather, kagu mats & a dhinchak music system. Asking price was 11L

Looking at the usage the 2.0 was a better & a sensible buy. But the heart won & got the 1.8tsi minus the dhinchak music system) for 10L
All the best.
Cheers
Yes - I shall be going for the old Jetta
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

I happened to see the Sunny to day.What ever is Sunny but Vento is Superior. I may have to see a couple of time to get rid of my mind set on Vento.
Attached Thumbnails
What Car : Sunny vs Vento vs??-sunny.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2011, 00:24   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mohit

I somehow like the old Jetta and it looks more solid than the new one. But the interiors of the new one are better. Maybe i will be spending money to give a facelift to the old jetta. All old Jetta models were 2010. It was December 2010 when production for the old jetta stopped. This info was given by the showroom manager at TVS. Can you please let me know if this is correct.
Yes the ones I came across in Delhi were all also Nov,2010 make. I did flirt with the idea for quite a bit before settling on the Altis. Personally I would not recommend going for a car lying in the yard for a good 11 months. Noopster above specially gave me a piece of his mind when I told him about this offer way back in july and shared the view that its not worth it. But anyways always listen to the heart over your head. So if you really like the car there is no reason why you shouldn't go for it. Good luck.
Old 25th October 2011, 17:32   #44
BHPian

My decision making has been further extended as a friend asked me to do a TD of GM Cruze. I did a TD of Cruze 2.0 Diesel Automatic. It was a good drive but couldnt test its engine power as it is raining very badly in Chennai.

I had almost made up my mind in buying Jetta 2.0 ( old trendline model) for 13.8 lakhs on road. -

Now I am confused after seeing Cruze Diesel AT. The on road price is 14.25 lakhs.

Which is a better buy - Old Jetta 2.0 Trendline or Cruze Automatic Diesel.

What is the mileage for above.

Where do they compare in terms of maintenance

which is the best for city use,( handling bumps,potholes, mileage etc)

highway use ( in terms of safety and ride)

The Cruze seemed very low profile - does it scrape bumpers ???
Old 25th October 2011, 21:04   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had almost made up my mind in buying Jetta 2.0 ( old trendline model) for 13.8 lakhs on road. -

Now I am confused after seeing Cruze Diesel AT. The on road price is 14.25 lakhs.
I think you got the pricing wrong. it must be 14.25 ex-showroom and not OTR price mate. OTR the cruze AT will be around 15.5-16L in delhi. So it cannot be 14.25 in your city for sure.

Quote:
Which is a better buy - Old Jetta 2.0 Trendline or Cruze Automatic Diesel.
Well if you compare it with the old Jetta, I will go with the cruze. Same reasons as above as I am not too keen to pick up a discontinued model.

Quote:
What is the mileage for above.
Don't expect more then 11-12 in city. My friend in Delhi has it and he says he doesn't get more then 11 in city traffic. Again depends upon your usage.

Quote:
Where do they compare in terms of maintenance
Should be similar. None of the 2 is exactly cheap although Cruze may be very marginally less.

Quote:
which is the best for city use,( handling bumps,potholes, mileage etc)
AT will make city driving a breeze man. Jetta's ride may be a slightly stiffer.

Quote:
highway use ( in terms of safety and ride)
Again tough to decide but I feel Cruze will be better due to all those horses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks